LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 12:07 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
.... Makes me think Bot is Wolfowitz and Baby Boo is Richard Perle.

So I guess that would make Neville Chamberlain the historical figure most consistent with your outlook.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 12:47 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby boo
So I guess that would make Neville Chamberlain the historical figure most consistent with your outlook.....
Do you object to the suggestion? And I thought this guy was your hero! Explain, please. What did I get wrong? Jim
post #43 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 02:14 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
What, you don't understand that paragraph? Did I suddenly break into Portugese or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerW140
Wish you did, it would make more sense, and I dont speak Portugese.

Vá se foder.

Glad to oblige.....

Last edited by baby boo; 09-06-2006 at 02:19 AM.
post #44 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 05:40 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Do you object to the suggestion? And I thought this guy was your hero! Explain, please. What did I get wrong? Jim

Which makes you George Galloway.

B
post #45 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 10:14 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
They count as failed attempts. I.e., interdiction of terror is working.
The fact is that the interdiction of terror is not working. Not by the U.S. intelligence, but by leads from other countries. We still have a broken link, 5 years after 9/11.

Quote:
The Taliban is trying to make a comeback but instead of paying host to Bin laden they are now having to fight for their lives having been evicted from power
They are not trying. They are. How many NATO troops dies last week?

Quote:
I don't know about you but I don't want the Germans ruling over me. I don't believe in holding a grudge forever but we must never forget that the western civilization that the German's helped to birth was almost destroyed by those same people but 60 years ago. Not a long time on the scale of history. And the abject humiliation they experienced by having their country divided and occupied for a half century after the war was well deserved.
What's the difference? Bush regime is damn close to living under Adolf. The only difference is that Adolf did not like Jews, and Bush does not like ragheads. Do you know the difference between Democracy and Dictatorship? Nothing!! Our Central Gov't gives us Citizen Joe something called freedom to occupying our attention so we don't have time to question what are being done behind closed doors. Whereas, our opposite don't even bother. The Central Gov't tell their Citizen Joe how to live their lives as they see fit and promise an iron rice bowl in return. Both methods are illusions used to control the masses. Which method is better is all subjective. Talk about humilation. The U.S. is at its lowest point ever in its short history.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #46 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 10:32 AM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
From the White House

Key Points: President's National Strategy For Combating Terrorism

Office of the Press Secretary
Tuesday, September 5, 2006; 11:25 AM
"We're engaged in a global struggle against the followers of a murderous ideology that despises freedom and crushes all dissent, and has territorial ambitions and pursues totalitarian aims. . And against such an enemy there is only one effective response: We will never back down, we will never give in and we will never accept anything less than complete victory. . We will defeat the terrorists and their hateful ideology by spreading the hope of freedom across the world. . The security of our nation depends on the advance of liberty in other nations."
-President George W. Bush, July 4, 2006

Here's how the Washington Post reported it:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...090500481.html

That's a mission statement not a strategy. Show me a plan, you know something I actually paid for. So far I think we are spreading the hope that we leave them alone because I don't see them coming in droves to help stabilize their own situations.
post #47 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 11:20 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
That's a mission statement not a strategy. Show me a plan, you know something I actually paid for. So far I think we are spreading the hope that we leave them alone because I don't see them coming in droves to help stabilize their own situations.
What kind of knucklehead publishes his military planning?

And like you have the training to understand military planning even if it were published.
post #48 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
I wouldn't trot that, "Haven't had a terrorist attack since..." thing out too often. It is going to happen. And just like Katrina was going to happen someday, the guy at the top catches the crap. It isn't always fair but that's reality.

B
Well said my little flower... I actaully agree!

Don't believe everything you think
post #49 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 11:30 AM
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Quote:
Bin Laden and the Taliban should have perished in a thermonuclear firestorm on 9/12 and that should have been the end of this bullshit. In case you guys don't realize it, we spent billions of dollars over half a century making weapons and delivery systems that have nothing to do with this nation building and peace keeping and dictator disposing employing a land war. Another tidbit. We absolutely suck at this shit where you can't tell the good guys from the bad guys. Just like in Vietnam. We have been studied and then goaded into action. We always respond and do what the terrorists want us to do, as, with this dimbulb, Texas cowpoke mentality - we were called out to a draw and by god we are going to draw just like the good guys in the movies - the terrorists are in charge.
Jim
Well put , but how come you didn't get called a skinhead as I did when saying the same ? And if America had slapped one down on them , I don't think the world would have been up in arms over it , if it had been done on the 12th , I was sure that was going to be the next days news ....

Last edited by Von Vorschlag; 09-06-2006 at 11:43 AM.
post #50 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerW140
Right after 9/11 I was all for it but only to get the man that was behind it, I'm not so sure he was the man now. Regardless, we didn't do anything there besides kill thousands and still no Bin Laden. Al Qaeda is alive and well. They didn't die and we didn't dismantle them, they simply regrouped. I pity you boo boo. Your all messed up man and you just dont have a leg to stand on.
"...I was all for it but only to get the man that was behind it, I'm not so sure he was [sic] the man now."

So what: We give him a pass? The reason he's not the man now is because of our success in decimating Al-Qaeda and our overall war on terror strategy. For heaven sakes man, think about what you're saying!

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in