post #101 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 08:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby boo

....Calling us trolls, rascists, assholes, traitors etc. is A-OK as long as it's not the liberal's ox being gored......
Well, they did get 3 out of 4 right. I never considered you a troll.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 08:06 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
baby boo
"Well, first of all, I got a polite PM today from a moderator warning me to go easy on you guys so as not to offend your delicate sensibilities so I'll try to keep that in mind as I compose my response."

Have you considered the possibility that since previously you have yourself gone running telling tales to the mods, that they in turn feel justified in keeping you in check?
post #103 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 08:06 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
"most of the mods here tend to be of the left-wing verity"

Verity-the condition of being true, factual or real.
I'm glad to see you have finally seen the light.Respec' Jayhawk! It's always heartening to see someone admit they have been wrong.
Now you just need to spread the word to some of your misguided right-wing chums.
So Ears is a left winger? Wow, I am a commie.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

post #104 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Why don't we all just drop it and get on w/ praising President Bush for the excellent job he is doing to combat terrorism...

Don't believe everything you think
post #105 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 08:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
If anything, I have found your behavior to be exemplary! I even found myself in disagreement w/ you a few times when it seemed like you were bending over backward to be fair. I just cannot under stand this. I suspect that some of the losers you put in their place have complained to the mods and perhaps they just feel they have to do something--even if it is unnecessary or wrong. I am at a total loss and would love to see the specifics of their complaint.

Could you be mistaken or overreacting? Though I have never seen you overreact...
No, Jay, I'm neither mistaken nor over-reacting. Since the PM was sent in confidence I will respect his privacy unless he wants to chime in here. But the substance of the message was that I needed to "tone down" my comments because some of the members felt that they were being "beaten up" pretty badly. I want to emphasize once again that the actual email was courteous and not disrespectful and, as a result, I resopnded in kind and merely asked for specifics. I did mention, as I have noted previously, that I don't think that my behavior has been in any way outside the "norms" established in the OT section of BW.

If people are offended by arguments over religion or politics then it would seem wise for them to just saunter over to the W126 forum and get some tips on fixing up their cars instead.
post #106 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 08:18 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
No, Jay, I'm neither mistaken nor over-reacting. Since the PM was sent in confidence I will respect his privacy unless he wants to chime in here. But the substance of the message was that I needed to "tone down" my comments because some of the members felt that they were being "beaten up" pretty badly. I want to emphasize once again that the actual email was courteous and not disrespectful and, as a result, I resopnded in kind and merely asked for specifics. I did mention, as I have noted previously, that I don't think that my behavior has been in any way outside the "norms" established in the OT section of BW.

If people are offended by arguments over religion or politics then it would seem wise for them to just saunter over to the W126 forum and get some tips on fixing up their cars instead.
Let me repeat, are you accusing me?
post #107 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 08:28 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:

Some posters here are really paranoid of their intellectual appearance
and take great offense to a verbal beat down in front of their goons.

This says it all
"It's been my observation that people who nitpick on spelling, punctuation and grammar do so because they have lost the argument and have, essentially, nothing of substance to say."
baby boo

Last edited by guage; 09-06-2006 at 08:34 PM.
post #108 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 08:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Let me repeat, are you accusing me?
I'm trying to think who would complain? Certainly the leftists here are no angels, and I doubt they would have much to say about the whiney little sniveling groveling right wing Bush felliators that they wouldn't feel free to say in public.

post #109 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 08:37 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
I'm trying to think who would complain? Certainly the leftists here are no angels, and I doubt they would have much to say about the whiney little sniveling groveling right wing Bush felliators that they wouldn't feel free to say in public.
1.Destroyer... something
2.anmar75 but this cat took a licking from a host of players

Last edited by guage; 09-06-2006 at 08:41 PM.
post #110 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 08:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite

I thought he was one of yours.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in