Now this is a resume! - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 110 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 09:24 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67_250SE

1)mac, do you mean like calling Bush supporters "stupid" or "focking (sic) morons" or encouraging them to get their heads out of their "arse."

2)Methinks that thou seest the mote in others' eyes while ignoring the beam in thine own.

Again, just a thought.

3)This is the problem as I see it. Bush supporters are willing to admit to Bush's mistakes. I know that I can do that and I know that most of the pro-Bush people here can do the same.

4)The anti-Bush crowd, OTH, won't give him credit for the things that he has done right.

5)Every President's record is replete with triumphs and defeats.

6)Most of the anti-Bush people tend to be younger and thus lack insight and perspective Which explain their use of four-letter words. Also, they can't seem to be able to form a thought of their own, without having someone else's thoughts and opinions influence their thought process.

7)I just saw a post, on another board, where the poster claimed that Bush was GOING to start the draft again. He was aplopectic about the prospect.

8)Even a cursory search of the record shows that not once has Bush advocated a return to the draft. In fact, it was Charles chuckles Rangel, a Dem, whos has advocated a return to the draft (so that more white boys have to serve).

9)When I confronted this poster, he just kept saying things like "Bush lied people died." I couldn't get him off that little ditty.

10)So tell me mac, do YOU really think that Bush has been all bad?

11)Do YOU really think that Bush has done nothing right?

12)Do you think that Clinton was all good?

13)Do YOU really think he did nothing wrong at all?

14)Do you think that Carter was the best president we ever had? Or that Nixon was the worst?

15)Do YOU think that the anti-Bush crowd is all reasonable and genteel and educated and smart?

16)Do you think that all pro-Bush people are "focking morons" like that genius elau just spouted a few posts above?

17)The anti-Bush haters remind me of the drunk idiots at football games, bitching and moaning at every call by the coach that does not yield a 10+ yard gain. Or they remind me of the fair-weather fans who sit around supporting their team when it is ranked #1 in the polls.

18)They all think they know better. And they will tell you, with the beer-hot dogs-nacho reeking breath that THEY can do better. But give them the chance to coach and they would fall flat on their fat, beer-swollen red faces.

19)Tell me mac, what would YOU have done differently from Bush?

20)How wold YOU have run the country differently in the post 9/11 world that we now live in?

21)And what guarantees do YOU have for me that your plan would have worked better.

21)If you can come up with a better plan, run for office--I will be your biggest supporter.
I hate this kind of note because my ability to answer in the body of questions sux. Let me try this. I numbered the paragraphs. Hopefully grading will be on a curve.

1. I never call folks names unless I am trying to harass JayHawk to get a cool clipart posted from him.

2. Revved up like a deuce Another runner in the night.

3. I seldom see those admissions on this board but I know that some can.

4. I have given him full credit for bringing the country together right after 9/11. I think that was a masterpiece. Also, I have never faulted him for the initial three years of Afghanastan. That has only been a problem after DoD lost focus on it.

5. True, this one has just had more than its share of defeats by most accounts

6.Actually I have seen three groups of Liberals. One of course is the College age group. Some appear very smart and articulate and the other part seem to only be able very angry due to cuts in school programs, grants, war, etc. The other group is a strong resurgence of the 60-70’s era liberals. That group is really getting energized. A third group is Veterans who have had there benefits cut back over the past 5 years.

7. I could see why a young poster would be somewhat aplopectic. I also would not be surprised if that were to happen. Not because Bush is a bad guy, just because the Military is starting to be stretched thin and the problem might have to be addressed due to the military activity of the past 4 years. Bush will be blamed due to that alone.

8. See 7

9. While a fact, it is a piss poor argument and does not help things move forward.

10. Not all bad but I think he will be seen in the bottom 20%.

11. Not at all, see 4 above and I am sure I could find other things, but none come quickly to mind.

12. Not at all. I think he was exceptional at Foreign policy and Economics and was able to bring national budgets down to the first surpluses in modern history which put the country in a very good position. He was, however a flawed person who lacked personal morals that led to a certain corruption of his legacy. Monicagate, in my opinion was the least. The lie to a grand jury of without question WRONG and should have been punished, no matter what the reason for it. Travelgate was wrong, as was several other of the early "missteps".

13. See 12.

14. Carter was a very good MAN. I do not think he was a good President. His experience in Foreign Policy sucked and his Economics drove us to 16.5% interest rates. Good if you had T-notes, bad if you had a mortgage. The foreign policies lead to both the fall of Iran and capture of hostages.

14b. Nixon was an extremely good President in most respects with an ego that got away from him and a team of subordinates that led him down a path that was very wrong. Much like Clinton, it was not the act but the coverup that was his failure. Otherwise, I thought Nixon's opening of China and Russia led to a grand period of foreign policy for the US. The period of Carter held some of it back but otherwise Nixon started the end of the Cold War that Reagan took credit for.

15. On this board there are Lefties that are very smart and reasonable and there are those that are less so. There are a couple who do not know how to articulate their thoughts in a public setting.

16. On this board there are Righties that are very smart and reasonable and there are those that are less so. There are a couple who do not know how to articulate their thoughts in a public setting. I would not want to be in a position to have to defend Bush at this time. I really believe it would be hard to be passionate about a defense without becoming defensive myself and striking back.

17. I am sure it seems that way from your perspective. I noted the same thing back in the Clinton years. It was as if everything Clinton did was fair game. Wrong tie, make a week's worth of jokes. Bad haircut, two more weeks of jokes and bitching that the haircut makes the country look bad.

18. I saw a coach call a time out one college game and bring a heckler down and put him on the spot -- "fine, you make the calls!!" The team went from 14 down to win by 21. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

19. 19-21 after lunch.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 110 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
DestroyerW140's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 1997 S320 LWB
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guage
I'd find some new staff if that's all they've got is old stuff!
"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."
DestroyerW140 is offline  
post #33 of 110 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 10:34 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jillian80's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: DeLorean DMC-12
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 5,180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
2. Revved up like a deuce Another runner in the night.
I've been wondering what that line was for ages--thank you.

My prior idea:

Revved up like a douche Another rumor in the night <------I was close.
Jillian80 is offline  
post #34 of 110 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 10:40 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Why can't you accept the fact that he is incompetent?
Now YOU would know all about "incompetence!"

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #35 of 110 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 10:57 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
elau's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 5,392
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ Benz
Wins elections?
Really? The verdict is still out on that one. History will provide a better hind sight, but it will be couple hundred years from now. We all dead and gone, so what's the difference?

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
elau is offline  
post #36 of 110 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 11:10 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
elau's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 5,392
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67_250SE
So tell me mac, do YOU really think that Bush has been all bad?
Don't know who mac is, re-read his resume for your answers.

Quote:
Do you think that Clinton was all good?
Why you pro-Bush crowd always brings Clinton in? This is not about Clinton, it is about Bush.

Quote:
Do you think that Carter was the best president we ever had? Or that Nixon was the worst?
The answer is all subjective.

Quote:
Do YOU think that the anti-Bush crowd is all reasonable and genteel and educated and smart?
Is pro-Bush crowd any better? Mr Goodie2shoes.

Quote:
Do you think that all pro-Bush people are "focking morons" like that genius elau just spouted a few posts above?
Absolutely. Or else I won't spouted that a few posts ago.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
elau is offline  
post #37 of 110 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 11:14 AM
RFC
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
What can you say to that educated response?
post #38 of 110 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
DestroyerW140's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 1997 S320 LWB
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The pro-Bush crowd has proven to be nothing more than sheep. I was dead set against the war in Iraq because it was clearly based on BS but the Bush crowd kept saying that I would be dead wrong and to just wait 6 months and all the chemical weapons and uranium would be found, etc.. Well for those of us who gave a shit we saw the urgency to get the inspectors the hell out of there and they found nothing. We knew way in advance of the forged documents from Nigeria. We knew 9/11 had absolutely nothing to do with Iraq, not even sure if it had anything to do with Bin Laden at this point. Bush/Powell/Rumsfield however, told the sheep that it was all there and then some and the sheep bought it hook, line and sinker. But now after the smoke has cleared and tens of thousands of people both soldiers and Iraqi soldiers plus civilians are dead, why do the sheep keep saying bahhhhh, bahhhhhh?.
DestroyerW140 is offline  
post #39 of 110 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 11:56 AM
BenzWorld Veteran
 
67_250SE's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2005
Posts: 794
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFC
What can you say to that educated response?
Nothing, except that perhaps the educational system wherever he is from, or comes from, is a colossal failure.

But then again, look at his avatar.

That says it all.
67_250SE is offline  
post #40 of 110 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 12:16 PM
guage
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerW140
The pro-Bush crowd has proven to be nothing more than sheep. I was dead set against the war in Iraq because it was clearly based on BS but the Bush crowd kept saying that I would be dead wrong and to just wait 6 months and all the chemical weapons and uranium would be found, etc.. Well for those of us who gave a shit we saw the urgency to get the inspectors the hell out of there and they found nothing. We knew way in advance of the forged documents from Nigeria. We knew 9/11 had absolutely nothing to do with Iraq, not even sure if it had anything to do with Bin Laden at this point. Bush/Powell/Rumsfield however, told the sheep that it was all there and then some and the sheep bought it hook, line and sinker. But now after the smoke has cleared and tens of thousands of people both soldiers and Iraqi soldiers plus civilians are dead, why do the sheep keep saying bahhhhh, bahhhhhh?.
Quoting the girlfriend again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    George W Bush's resume elau Off-Topic 15 06-02-2006 12:23 PM
    A Look at John Kerry's Resume 98MBE320 Off-Topic 8 09-29-2004 06:34 PM
    A look at George Bush's Resume FeelTheLove Off-Topic 17 09-28-2004 06:42 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome