~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guage
soley
Thanks-it's nearly 3am here, but I accept that's no excuse for not reading through.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 110 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 08:08 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerW140
Listen if Hillary did become President, they wouldn't have a damn choice. They would disregard any feelings about women they have. You are right about many races, women are in many cultures the breeders and beneath men. Perhaps a female President and of the United States no less would change things. Then again we could be percieved as an absolute weak country in the eyes of many nations. Still, cant get worse than Bush.
No I think Hillary could have been a great president. Britain was not perceived to be weak under Maggie, so that perception can be out the window.
Hillary I think is backing out as we speak. Will see tomorrow!
post #103 of 110 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 08:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
I will hang a link here when I get it up and running. Right now I am focusing on trying to get one of the cars taken apart. If you want to see what a 500E looks like that has been in Hurricane Katrina, here is a 500E that was going to be a parts car. I decided to completely restore it to 100% as a winter project.
Ouch! Please post an "after" photo if you ever get there...

Don't believe everything you think
post #104 of 110 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 08:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
No I think Hillary could have been a great president. Britain was not perceived to be weak under Maggie, so that perception can be out the window.
Hillary I think is backing out as we speak. Will see tomorrow!
she'd have been perfect for you guys...
Attached Images

post #105 of 110 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 09:03 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
she'd have been perfect for you guys...
Yep Jay like this guy is perfect for you

Last edited by DP; 03-06-2007 at 08:05 PM.
post #106 of 110 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 09:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: DeLorean DMC-12
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by savinggrace
Even if they get Hillary on the ticket?

Personally, it depends who they get to run. I am an American, a young woman raised by a mother who 'had it all-career and family'. I suppose now, I work in a field of mostly older gentleman. (commercial real estate development). I sure know what the hell I am talking about when somebody asks a question. I have single handedly closed multi million dollar deals. But, when our Pakistani investors come for a meeting, I serve them tea, and leave the room. They are not comfortable talking business in front of me. I am not offended by this. They do not disrespect me in any way.

In the same token, I am not saying a woman can't do the job of president. I'm not saying America couldn't/wouldn't respect a woman-president. My problem is that given today's political climate WORLD WIDE, women are not considered equal in too many other countries. Specifically, countries where we potentially could have problems. MAJOR problems. In come countries, woman are still not allowed to vote. Hold title to property. Hold certain jobs. Are we supposed to assume those same countries will have as much respect for America if it were run by what others consider 'inferior persons?'
Do we really want 'respect' from countries that do not allow women to vote or even own property, countries that consider women 'inferior'?

When you serve tea to those Pakistani investors instead of sitting at the table as an equal you are just furthering their perception of women as inferiors. Thanks for setting all of us back 100 years.

I don't like tea, but you can make my coffee should our paths ever cross.
post #107 of 110 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 09:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Yep Jay like this guy is perfect for you
Attached Images

post #108 of 110 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 10:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerW140
Obviously you are mechanically inclined but I just have to ask..........wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy one in good shape?. Eh, I'm sure you probably have tons of parts available for it. Good luck!
I have one that is in good shape so that is not an issue. There are a couple of reasons for rebuilding the Katrina car.

First, I want to showcase what our shop can do. A "if we can make a 100% car from a former submarine, think what we can do for your car".

Second, there were only 1504 of these imported into the US. A car that was built as a partnership between Benz and Porsche is a rare deal and thank goodness the good stuff is still good. The motor, with the exception of two pistons is in great shape. Tranny, which is stock MB, was trash but that is not a problem. Its Valve Body [the tranny brain] is the only expensive 500E part that will cost a bit more.

Third, we have a couple of magazines that are interested in this project and a couple of companies that want to showcase some of their performance products that will enhance the 100% restoration and turn it into a restomod. It will still be able to be taken back to pure stock at any point.

So, to buy a true 100% car would take about $25K+, more than the "looks great"$15K cars that show up on the boards and ebay and autotrader. 100% means everything is AS NEW. Those are very hard to find and easier to build.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #109 of 110 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 10:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by savinggrace
Even if they get Hillary on the ticket?

Personally, it depends who they get to run. I am an American, a young woman raised by a mother who 'had it all-career and family'. I suppose now, I work in a field of mostly older gentleman. (commercial real estate development). I sure know what the hell I am talking about when somebody asks a question. I have single handedly closed multi million dollar deals. But, when our Pakistani investors come for a meeting, I serve them tea, and leave the room. They are not comfortable talking business in front of me. I am not offended by this. They do not disrespect me in any way.

In the same token, I am not saying a woman can't do the job of president. I'm not saying America couldn't/wouldn't respect a woman-president. My problem is that given today's political climate WORLD WIDE, women are not considered equal in too many other countries. Specifically, countries where we potentially could have problems. MAJOR problems. In come countries, woman are still not allowed to vote. Hold title to property. Hold certain jobs. Are we supposed to assume those same countries will have as much respect for America if it were run by what others consider 'inferior persons?'
Madeleine Albright, Jeane Kirkpatrick, Shirley Temple Black, even Condoleezza Rice have been able to negotiate those diplomatic waters for well over a quarter of a century without problems. I say "even" for Dr. Rice because she has had the least luck with hard diplomacy of any of that group. Great Britain, India, Germany, soon France will have female leaders. Countries that have a problem dealing with that issue are the ones that need to work on it, not us.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #110 of 110 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 1997 S320 LWB
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian80
Do we really want 'respect' from countries that do not allow women to vote or even own property, countries that consider women 'inferior'?
If we need them...........yeah!.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in