Fox News Tanking - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Fox News Tanking

Here are the Ratings numbers for August and again Faux News is sliding down the ratings. O'Really is down 20% from a year ago.

From Mediabistro.com/TVNewser


Aug. #'s: Total Viewers Vs. Aug. 2005 [x1000]

................. FNC.. CNN ..MSNBC
Aug. '06:.... 933 584 ...277
Aug. '05:... 1,001 433 ..220
% change: -7% .+35% +26%


Primetime:

...................FNC ..CNN ..MSNBC
Aug. '06:.. 1,511 902 ...371
Aug. '05:.. 2,093 748 ..349
% change: -28% +21% +6%

Primetime is the big number since that is where the advertising comes from. Total viewers covers everything including those hot 3am advertising slots.

Top cable numbers are still 10% of broadcast news and primetime numbers.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 07:43 AM
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,250
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
Here are the Ratings numbers for August and again Faux News is sliding down the ratings. O'Really is down 20% from a year ago.

From Mediabistro.com/TVNewser


Aug. #'s: Total Viewers Vs. Aug. 2005 [x1000]

................. FNC.. CNN ..MSNBC
Aug. '06:.... 933 584 ...277
Aug. '05:... 1,001 433 ..220
% change: -7% .+35% +26%


Primetime:

...................FNC ..CNN ..MSNBC
Aug. '06:.. 1,511 902 ...371
Aug. '05:.. 2,093 748 ..349
% change: -28% +21% +6%

Primetime is the big number since that is where the advertising comes from. Total viewers covers everything including those hot 3am advertising slots.

Top cable numbers are still 10% of broadcast news and primetime numbers.
I hope this isn't meant as some form of indictment for FOX News...after all, both CNN and MSNBC have become significantly more aligned with conservatives in their programming in the past year. Probably because they were tired of getting whupped up on.

Now those of us who are conservative have some prime time choices other than the reptilian Bill O'Reilly, and the dastardly duo of Hannity and Colmes.
Qubes is offline  
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
I hope this isn't meant as some form of indictment for FOX News...after all, both CNN and MSNBC have become significantly more aligned with conservatives in their programming in the past year. Probably because they were tired of getting whupped up on.

Now those of us who are conservative have some prime time choices other than the reptilian Bill O'Reilly, and the dastardly duo of Hannity and Colmes.
Actually more an indictment of Cable News in general. All three have style over substance and since they [cable tv news] were the inventors of YELLING DISCUSSION FORMAT NEWS TALK] I find them all to be the Devil's handmaidens. Even Headline News, which was about as unbiased as possible since it did not have time to set an agenda has gone to Beck and Showbiz and Grace and other stuff but the news. There are about four hours that you can't get Headlines at Headline News. Who Knew.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 07:55 AM
Cruise Control
 
Zeitgeist's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Location: Cascadia
Posts: 51,727
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
The media wars are over. Murdoch won

Agreed, I recently had the misfortune of being stuck in a hotel with nothing to do but channel surf--bleak bleak bleak. This was during the height of the Israeli aggression in Lebanon, and I was startled to observe how disgracefully Faux-like the other two "news" channels were. The hyper-annoying scrolling "news" bars at the bottom of the screen, the split/multiple screens, the slanted pro-Israel/Merkin imperialism bias; it was entirely gaudy, uniform and utterly devoid of meaningful content.

Unwatchable tripe, one and all
Zeitgeist is offline  
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 08:05 AM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,123
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 987 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist
Agreed, I recently had the misfortune of being stuck in a hotel with nothing to do but channel surf--bleak bleak bleak. This was during the height of the Israeli aggression in Lebanon, and I was startled to observe how disgracefully Faux-like the other two "news" channels were. The hyper-annoying scrolling "news" bars at the bottom of the screen, the split/multiple screens, the slanted pro-Israel/Merkin imperialism bias; it was entirely gaudy, uniform and utterly devoid of meaningful content.

Unwatchable tripe, one and all
Make sure that boo does not read this response
DP is offline  
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 08:08 AM
Cruise Control
 
Zeitgeist's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Location: Cascadia
Posts: 51,727
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Make sure that boo does not read this response
I'm expecting him to offer a gaudy uniform rejoinder that's utterly devoid of meaningful content. Unreadable tripe.
Zeitgeist is offline  
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 10:08 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
I hope this isn't meant as some form of indictment for FOX News...after all, both CNN and MSNBC have become significantly more aligned with conservatives in their programming in the past year. Probably because they were tired of getting whupped up on.

Now those of us who are conservative have some prime time choices other than the reptilian Bill O'Reilly, and the dastardly duo of Hannity and Colmes.
The big difference is that Fox is the Official Channel of The Republican Party. It's credibility is going right down the tubes along with their Party Masters.
FeelTheLove is offline  
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 10:10 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist
Agreed, I recently had the misfortune of being stuck in a hotel with nothing to do but channel surf--bleak bleak bleak. This was during the height of the Israeli aggression in Lebanon, and I was startled to observe how disgracefully Faux-like the other two "news" channels were. The hyper-annoying scrolling "news" bars at the bottom of the screen, the split/multiple screens, the slanted pro-Israel/Merkin imperialism bias; it was entirely gaudy, uniform and utterly devoid of meaningful content.

Unwatchable tripe, one and all
Oddly, I was stuck in a hotel as well, but it had BBC TV, something I don't get at home. I was amazed at the difference, and how news was actually being discussed by intelligent people instead of Party Operatives masquerading as "hosts".
FeelTheLove is offline  
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 10:12 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist
I'm expecting him to offer a gaudy uniform rejoinder that's utterly devoid of meaningful content. Unreadable tripe.
So you've met him, I see.
FeelTheLove is offline  
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 10:31 AM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,123
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 987 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
So you've met him, I see.
Who didn't?
DP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Fox News crew freed after Gaza ordeal RFC Off-Topic 56 08-28-2006 03:51 PM
    Fox News Viewers Are Stupid, Protesters Say firstmb Off-Topic 19 11-22-2005 09:58 PM
    Fox News: we lie, you decide FeelTheLove Off-Topic 20 10-10-2005 07:20 AM
    Fox News thinks terrorist bombings in London was just great! FeelTheLove Off-Topic 26 07-18-2005 06:38 PM
    The New Pravada: Fox News FeelTheLove Off-Topic 57 01-24-2005 10:05 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome