DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby boo
America, it appears, does not look upon Israel as a hostile, alien nation (as you do) inasmuch as it allows Americans to have dual Israeli citizenship. That, in itself, should tell you something.

As I've said before, America's interest is in supporting the only democracy in the middle east. There's no conflict here with America's ideals, her goals or her strategic interests. The Israelis are fighting Islamofascism (and the French!) and we have a common enemy. I know you try to make those of us who support Israel to be less "patriotic" than the far left leaning academic types who hate Israel and virtually everything America stands for but that just isn't consistent with reality. I love this country with all my heart and want to see her enemies destroyed.

And I believe that, for the most part, America and Israel have a common enemy in this world.....

And, buy the way, I meant to thank you for that portion of your tax dollars that go towards America's 3 billion dollar yearly contribution to Israel's economic and military development.
Oh yeah, does my three billion dollar yearly contribution buy me an Israeli citizenship and the right to own land in Israel without being Jewish? I think not.
Please don't make us sniff the same glue that's oozing from your butt. I hate green glue with passion. Oh that does not make me an "Israel hater" by the way. What I can't stand are idiots that pretend to know what's best for ALL of us. Get the whiff?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 04:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
America, it appears, does not look upon Israel as a hostile, alien nation (as you do) inasmuch as it allows Americans to have dual Israeli citizenship. That, in itself, should tell you something.

As I've said before, America's interest is in supporting the only democracy in the middle east. There's no conflict here with America's ideals, her goals or her strategic interests. The Israelis are fighting Islamofascism (and the French!) and we have a common enemy. I know you try to make those of us who support Israel to be less "patriotic" than the far left leaning academic types who hate Israel and virtually everything America stands for but that just isn't consistent with reality. I love this country with all my heart and want to see her enemies destroyed.

And I believe that, for the most part, America and Israel have a common enemy in this world.....

And, buy the way, I meant to thank you for that portion of your tax dollars that go towards America's 3 billion dollar yearly contribution to Israel's economic and military development.
Straw man bullshit.
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 04:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
Only democracy??? I've brought this up before with you and you dismiss it for your own self serving reasons, but I'll do it again... Palestine is a democracy, Lebanon was a democracy. If they aren't democracies then neither is Israel (theocracy).
America's ideals don't include oppressive occupation (Palestine), killing women and children (Sabra and Chatila), terrorism (King David Hotel). I can't see how any of this is in my strategic interest as an American citizen.

Care to explain HOW Israel plays into our strategic interests Boo with something more than empty rhetoric (i.e. only democracy in the ME etc.)?
Oh, we're back to the "The King David Hotel" again. Taking a page from rstone in his absence are we?

Palestine is a "democracy" run by a recognized teror organization. In the same way that Hitler's Germany was a democracy since Hitler was elected too.

And, by the way, "Palestine" is not a country. The so-called "Palestinians" basically just live in a large seething ghetto because, not only Israel, but none of its arab neighbors want anything to do with them.
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 05:56 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 99 E 320
Send a message via AIM to BackRoll23 Send a message via MSN to BackRoll23 Send a message via Yahoo to BackRoll23
It's not FNC, It's just O'Reilly

As someone who works in media, here's the truth. No spin baby!!!!

Aug. #'s: O'Reilly No Longer #1 In The Demo; Hannity & Colmes Tops The Factor

For the first time in recent memory, Hannity & Colmes has bested The O'Reilly Factor in the 25-54 demographic for an entire month. In August, FNC's 9pm show averaged 508,000 demo viewers, 14,000 more than Bill O'Reilly's 494,000 at 8pm. (Greta Van Susteren followed close behind with 492,000 in the demo.)

Among total viewers (some would say "older," but we're not going there), O'Reilly still came in first place, with 2,073,000 viewers, compared to 1,696,000 for H&C and 1,499,000 for Greta.

But I hear O'Reilly was none too happy about losing to Sean Hannity and Alan Colmes in the demo. And just look at the recent scoreboards: the trend is holding...

"The radio business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."---Hunter S. Thompson
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 06:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
Primetime:

...................FNC ..CNN ..MSNBC
Aug. '06:.. 1,511 902 ...371
Aug. '05:.. 2,093 748 ..349
% change: -28% +21% +6%

Notice that of the 1/2 million viewers FNC lost in prime time only about 176,000 went to CNN and MSNBC combined so its not like there is a mass transfer of viewers from one to the other. In fact this proves nothing as to the actual source of CNNs increased viewership. I doubt that it came from those defecting from FOX news.

More likely these were refugees from Comedy Central who wanted a news perspective different from that of Stephen Colbert.

I predict they will be disappointed.

Last edited by baby boo; 08-30-2006 at 06:10 PM.
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 06:13 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 99 E 320
Send a message via AIM to BackRoll23 Send a message via MSN to BackRoll23 Send a message via Yahoo to BackRoll23
Actually, summer is traditionally a down period for news/talk. People are outside, on vacation, etc. Wait until sweeps in November, then the truth will be known. Plus, we'll have had an election by then, which will shut all ya'all up (both sides, R's and D's).

"The radio business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."---Hunter S. Thompson
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 06:49 PM
Premium Member

Date registered: Jan 2006
Vehicle: Nice, Fast, Luxurious.
Premium Member
Since I get my daily news reports from Benzworld.org, I think I get both left and right biases which amount to "Fair and Balanced."
Actually, I don't think I get the news at all, just opinions and interpretations of the actual news.
Special Thanks to FeelTheLove and BabyBoo, among others for doing daily sampling and extensive research of the news that's fit to print!

Mi$ter Right.
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Notice that of the 1/2 million viewers FNC lost in prime time only about 176,000 went to CNN and MSNBC combined so its not like there is a mass transfer of viewers from one to the other. In fact this proves nothing as to the actual source of CNNs increased viewership. I doubt that it came from those defecting from FOX news.

More likely these were refugees from Comedy Central who wanted a news perspective different from that of Stephen Colbert.

I predict they will be disappointed.
I only listed the cable NEWS networks on the initial post. Common thought is that views have moved back toward the Big Three Broadcast Networks and away from the cable nets. Note, for NEWS [as opposed to the BS part of the schedules] the cable nets average less than 500,000 per night while the Big Three average about 8,000,000 EACH. Morning Big Three News Shows average 4,500,000 EACH. FNC is still just a speck and CNN less so.

As for Daily Show and Colbert, they are "growing like weeds" as the saying goes. A recent survey by the University of Pennsylvania’s National Annenberg Election Survey of viewers/listeners of ALL the talk shows [Limbaugh, O'Reilly, A. Cooper, Dobbs, ABC News, CBS News, NBC News, H&C, L. King, Scarborough, J. Stewart/Daily Show, J. Leno, Letterman, Koppel] found that viewers of Jon Stewart and the Daily Show were 26% more likely to know the correct answers to political questions than viewers/listeners of any other media host. Dobbs was second and Koppel was third. The survey asked 19,013 adults and had a 2% margin of error. Here is a snippet from the article. I have no scanner or I would scan it. It is not on line.

The Annenberg survey found that people who watch The Daily Show are more interested in the presidential campaign, more educated, younger, and more liberal than the average American or than Leno or Letterman viewers. “However, these factors do not explain the difference in levels of campaign knowledge between people who watch The Daily Show and people who do not,” Young pointed out. “In fact, Daily Show viewers have higher campaign knowledge than national news viewers and newspaper readers -- even when education, party identification, following politics, watching cable news, receiving campaign information online, age, and gender are taken into consideration.”

Must be the truthiness.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoll23
Plus, we'll have had an election by then, which will shut all ya'all up (both sides, R's and D's).
I don't think I would hold my breath for that.

I think we should start a pool as to a)what the over/under of the spread will be and b) what the excuses will be on whatever the losing side of the spread is.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 01:37 AM
CH4S Artist

Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Oddly, I was stuck in a hotel as well, but it had BBC TV, something I don't get at home. I was amazed at the difference, and how news was actually being discussed by intelligent people instead of Party Operatives masquerading as "hosts".
What does it say about our News, when the BBC is regarded as a better news service in the USA. It's refreshing to see people make an effort to be objective.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in