BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Oddly, I was stuck in a hotel as well, but it had BBC TV, something I don't get at home. I was amazed at the difference, and how news was actually being discussed by intelligent people instead of Party Operatives masquerading as "hosts".
We get BBC World News on two different channels here "BBC America" and the evening news on one of the Public TV stations and it is very different. I usually watch 30 minutes of Robin & Company @ 6am on CNNHN and then flip to BBC America for the next 30 minutes of World news and get four times the stories.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 11:02 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
FOX vs CNN.

What drives the left insane is that Fox is still doing better than CNN and MSNBC combined in terms of total viewership.

The left simply cannot stomach the fact that their talk show hosts have a right/center bias which nicely balances CNNs left/center bias.

But that is like looking at the the editorial page of the newspaper and not the hard news section. That's where the differences really stand out. FOX, for the most part, reports the news. CNN editorializes in its news reporting and is extremely biased.

I'll give you an example from the recent conflict: CNN had reporters stationed in both Lebanon and Israel to report on each side of the conflict. In one particular news report the focus was on what effect the war had on the civilian population on each side. So on the Lebanese side they interviewed people who had lost their homes, were displaced etc. On the Israeli side they decided to interview an arab family during the Katusha rocket barrage. The person said that Israel had not provided as many bomb shelters for the Israeli arabs as they had to the Israeli Jews. This was reported without any confirmation or comment. Somehow they were unable to locate any of the one million Israeli Jews who had been displaced by the fighting although they had no trouble locating the Lebanese who had similarly been driven from their homes.

So CNN's idea of balance is to present the arab perspective from both sides of the border.

In another interview, which must have rated as one of the most ignorant and rude I have ever seen, the CNN reporter would ask an Israeli foreign ministry spokseman a question and while she was still in the process of answering it, would just interupt her and ask another question.

I did think that Anderson Cooper 360 was pretty balanced and had better hard news coverage from the war zone than did FOX (and I watched both). But for the most part CNN was ridiculously biased.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 11:06 AM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby boo
FOX vs CNN.

What drives the left insane is that Fox is still doing better than CNN and MSNBC combined in terms of total viewership.

The left simply cannot stomach the fact that their talk show hosts have a right/center bias which nicely balances CNNs left/center bias.

But that is like looking at the the editorial page of the newspaper and not the hard news section. That's where the differences really stand out. FOX, for the most part, reports the news. CNN editorializes in its news reporting and is extremely biased.

I'll give you an example from the recent conflict: CNN had reporters stationed in both Lebanon and Israel to report on each side of the conflict. In one particular news report the focus was on what effect the war had on the civilian population on each side. So on the Lebanese side they interviewed people who had lost their homes, were displaced etc. On the Israeli side they decided to interview an arab family during the Katusha rocket barrage. The person said that Israel had not provided as many bomb shelters for the Israeli arabs as they had to the Israeli Jews. This was reported without any confirmation or comment. Somehow they were unable to locate any of the one million Israeli Jews who had been displaced by the fighting although they had no trouble locating the Lebanese who had similarly been driven from their homes.

So CNN's idea of balance is to present the arab perspective from both sides of the border.

In another interview, which must have rated as one of the most ignorant and rude I have ever seen, the CNN reporter would ask an Israeli foreign ministry spokseman a question and while she was still in the process of answering it, would just interupt her and ask another question.

I did think that Anderson Cooper 360 was pretty balanced and had better hard news coverage from the war zone than did FOX (and I watched both). But for the most part CNN was ridiculously biased.
Yep CNN was in collusion with Hezbollah just like the UN, oh those scumbags!
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 11:22 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Yep CNN was in collusion with Hezbollah just like the UN, oh those scumbags!
Not really, just arab apologists like yourself......
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 11:31 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
baby boo = carpe datum. It isn't just a motto any more...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 01:04 PM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Apologist? Prove it.
Unlike you my allegiance is to the United State of America not Israel. I care enough about Israel so WE don't end up cleaning up its mess, does that make me an Arab apologist? If it does then be it.
Hell I will be the Devil's apologist if it serves my country in the long run. The fact that I called on AIPAC as a spy nest makes me an Arab apologist then screw you and your friends that have only one view and one interest. Not on my account buddy, I am paying for those billions your friends are using with our US made bombs to kill then blame it back on us. Boo I am going to say it again without any PC, screw you and your idiology. If you want the Middle East to be yours go take it on your own but don't come here calling on daddy to bail you out.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
I think that makes you an American "apologist" (syn. "sympathizer").

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 01:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Apologist? Prove it.
Unlike you my allegiance is to the United State of America not Israel. I care enough about Israel so WE don't end up cleaning up its mess, does that make me an Arab apologist? If it does then be it.
Hell I will be the Devil's apologist if it serves my country in the long run. The fact that I called on AIPAC as a spy nest makes me an Arab apologist then screw you and your friends that have only one view and one interest. Not on my account buddy, I am paying for those billions your friends are using with our US made bombs to kill then blame it back on us. Boo I am going to say it again without any PC, screw you and your idiology. If you want the Middle East to be yours go take it on your own but don't come here calling on daddy to bail you out.
"...screw you and your idiology..." Did you learn that in "Professor school?"

Don't believe everything you think
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 02:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Apologist? Prove it.
America, it appears, does not look upon Israel as a hostile, alien nation (as you do) inasmuch as it allows Americans to have dual Israeli citizenship. That, in itself, should tell you something.

As I've said before, America's interest is in supporting the only democracy in the middle east. There's no conflict here with America's ideals, her goals or her strategic interests. The Israelis are fighting Islamofascism (and the French!) and we have a common enemy. I know you try to make those of us who support Israel to be less "patriotic" than the far left leaning academic types who hate Israel and virtually everything America stands for but that just isn't consistent with reality. I love this country with all my heart and want to see her enemies destroyed.

And I believe that, for the most part, America and Israel have a common enemy in this world.....

And, buy the way, I meant to thank you for that portion of your tax dollars that go towards America's 3 billion dollar yearly contribution to Israel's economic and military development.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 02:47 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Vehicle: '01 C320
Quote:
As I've said before, America's interest is in supporting the only democracy in the middle east. There's no conflict here with America's ideals, her goals or her strategic interests.
Only democracy??? I've brought this up before with you and you dismiss it for your own self serving reasons, but I'll do it again... Palestine is a democracy, Lebanon was a democracy. If they aren't democracies then neither is Israel (theocracy).
America's ideals don't include oppressive occupation (Palestine), killing women and children (Sabra and Chatila), terrorism (King David Hotel). I can't see how any of this is in my strategic interest as an American citizen.

Care to explain HOW Israel plays into our strategic interests Boo with something more than empty rhetoric (i.e. only democracy in the ME etc.)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in