LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 04:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Apathy???

You are Nutz Nutz? That was an action plan if ever I have seen one!

What's up w/ you anyway? If you had ANY confidence or conviction in your own words you would allow, indeed welcome, Replies to your kookie posts. Come on out!

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 04:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 430
If the moron's in New Orleans were not smart enough to leave before the hurrican hit. Then the ones that were injured and killed got what they asked for.

I believe that, at least some, of the people who stayed behind did it with all deliberateness in order to loot the homes and businesses left behind.

And then there were those brave souls who left a nursing home full of bedridden elderly people alone to fend for themselves. Before leaving the home they piled furniture against the walls to "prevent" the water from coming in.

All of the nursing home residents, as one could predict, were later found to have died of drowning......

But no outrage from Jesse Jackson over this.......
post #53 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 04:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs210
In an unrelated context a letter to the editor the other day espoused the idea that raising the minimum wage would put too great a burden on businesses, especially smaller ones, so that the author's idea was to simply have "the government" send all minimum-wage earners a check - on a monthly basis - to make up the difference so they could be middle-income folks.

Trusting the government to make everything all right is like depending on a deranged and drunken pilot to land the plane safely. It might happen, but it won't be on purpose.

In the next few decades we'll be saying much the same thing about all the folks who are destitute because they trusted the government to provide for their retirement years.
Damn gregs, you are starting to make sense: "...Trusting the government to make everything all right is like depending on a deranged and drunken pilot to land the plane safely. It might happen, but it won't be on purpose..."

post #54 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 04:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
What did you say to get trashed Q???

post #55 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 04:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs210
In an unrelated context a letter to the editor the other day espoused the idea that raising the minimum wage would put too great a burden on businesses, especially smaller ones, so that the author's idea was to simply have "the government" send all minimum-wage earners a check - on a monthly basis - to make up the difference so they could be middle-income folks.

Raising the minimum wage invariably results in more unemployment. When the cost of a service is artificially set higher than the value of those services to society in a free market it is inevitable that those jobs dry up. Wage (whether minimum or maximum) and price controls simply do not work in a free market economy. (I know, Nixon tried it too).

Low income wage earners have a "Earned Income Credit". Though not exaclty a monthly check from the government it may substantially reduce or eliminate the federal income tax for them.
post #56 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 05:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby boo
Raising the minimum wage invariably results in more unemployment. When the cost of a service is artificially set higher than the value of those services to society in a free market it is inevitable that those jobs dry up. Wage (whether minimum or maximum) and price controls simply do not work in a free market economy. (I know, Nixon tried it too).

Low income wage earners have a "Earned Income Credit". Though not exaclty a monthly check from the government it may substantially reduce or eliminate the federal income tax for them.
"...Raising the minimum wage invariably results in more unemployment. When the cost of a service is artificially set higher than the value of those services to society in a free market it is inevitable that those jobs dry up. Wage (whether minimum or maximum) and price controls simply do not work in a free market economy..." You got it frog!!!

post #57 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 05:15 PM
Boring Cars...meh!

Vehicle: 81 280E, 84 500SEC, 87 560, 89 "300E", 91 500SL, 15 E350 4Matic Estate, 71 BMW 2002, +others
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
You are Nutz Nutz? That was an action plan if ever I have seen one!

What's up w/ you anyway? If you had ANY confidence or conviction in your own words you would allow, indeed welcome, Replies to your kookie posts. Come on out!
Oh,my bad! I'm using my other account now so have your way with me but first let me Google up some intellect so it's a fair debate.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c328/nutz4benz/W123/6C3A9CA5-EDFF-4834-8125-34B70B20A676_zpsiyesrawz.jpg
post #58 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
[QUOTE=RFC]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Ok, from now on, I'll only posted the censored stuff.

From my short time here it's fairly obvious that you take it in the rear a lot.
What, are you looking for a date? Sorry shirley, I don't swing that way. MBZER can help you.
post #59 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
I don't know, maybe the PROMISES Bush made on National Television again and again. And the parade of politicians that kept tripping over themselves getting face time on every TV talk show explaining how the government was going to make it up to New Orleans, that there was no way that New Orleans was going to have to 'go it alone'.

Of course most of this lavish oratory came after Bush's poll numbers cratered and he was trying to regain some credibility [sorry, that sounds funny just typing it]. You don’t think he would just say those things just to get his poll numbers up do you?

So I guess to answer your question it would be a F'ed Up Connecticut to Texas childhood with a father who was a career politician and Big Oil man and one brother who was better than you and one who was not.
Just consider how totally fucked up their thinking is. If it's New Orleans, its a "government bailout". If it's Iraq its "rebuilding Iraq". What a bunch of losers.
post #60 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 05:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Just consider how totally fucked up their thinking is. If it's New Orleans, its a "government bailout". If it's Iraq its "rebuilding Iraq". What a bunch of losers.
Well, at least I'm consistent: I don't think we should pay to rebuild Iraq either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in