LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Terror Plot in Germany and Canada

ERLIN - A Lebanese student suspected of planting a train bomb that failed to explode had contacts in Hamburg, authorities said Tuesday...

The planned attack here stunned Germans who thought the country's vehement opposition to the Iraq war would insulate it from becoming a terror target almost five years after the attacks on Washington and New York.....

The main suspect, identified by authorities as 21-year-old Youssef Mohamad el Hajdib, was arrested Saturday in Kiel, about 30 miles north of Hamburg, on suspicion of placing one of two suitcase bombs in German trains on July 31.....

I have always said we are threatened by terrorism, and the threat has never been so near," Interior Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble told ZDF television after el Hajdib's arrest, calling the case "unusually serious.".....

from: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060822/..._connections_1

On a related note:

...Steven Vikash Chand allegedly plotted to attack Canada's parliament, including taking political hostages and beheading Prime Minister Stephen Harper, according to the details released Tuesday.

Authorities said Chand's plans were part of a larger plot to use three tons of explosives rigged with cell phone detonators in a terror campaign across the country to secure the release of Muslim prisoners from Canadian and Afghan prisons and demand the removal of Canadian troops from Afghanistan...

It appears that Germany and Canada's minimal involvement on the side of the US in the war on terror is enough to subject those countries to terrorist threat from Islamic radicals.

Nothing less than the suicide of the West would satisy the blood lust of these muslim fanatics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 11:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I've read the Canadian guys are a bunch of posers.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 11:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
I've read the Canadian guys are a bunch of posers.
LOL.

Do you think it's good enough reason to have their PM beheaded?
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Of interest (to me anyway) is how the Germans thought that their effective bribe to muslim terrorists by opposing the war in Iraq would buy them some immunity to terror attacks in their own land.

I don't expect much comment on this topic as muslim terrorism is so common that it just generates a yawn out of most people nowadays. The statistics are simply stagggering: of 600 or so active conflicts in the world today the muslims are involved in 90% of them.

So much for the "religion of peace."
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 11:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Just talked to some friends from the Northern Israel. They are kind of tired of having Katyushas rockets at their doorsteps and had inquired about refugee status in Canada.

Answer was quick:

Canada accepts Lebanese people as a refugees.

Canada does not accept Israelis as a refugees.

Last edited by maine_coon; 08-26-2006 at 11:24 PM.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 11:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby boo
Of interest (to me anyway) is how the Germans thought that their effective bribe to muslim terrorists by opposing the war in Iraq would buy them some immunity to terror attacks in their own land.

I don't expect much comment on this topic as muslim terrorism is so common that it just generates a yawn out of most people nowadays. The statistics are simply stagggering: of 600 or so active conflicts in the world today the muslims are involved in 90% of them.

In case you didn't know it is all caused by the US policy of supporting Israel..Duh..
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_coon

Canada accepts Lebanese people as a refugees.

Canada does not accept Israelis as a refugees.
I guess that watching Paris burning night after night from the rage of unemployed muslim youth last year was not a sufficient disincentive for the Canadians to let this fifth column in through the back door.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 11:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
I guess that watching Paris burning night after night from the rage of unemployed muslim youth last year was not enough disincentive for the Canadians to let this fifth column in through their back door.
Apparently not.

Now, if you read some testimonials from the US Border Guard members on Canadian border it gets a lot worse. They are pretty much granted the entry into the USA from there. They are arrested in the USA after crossing the border, then they are released after they sign a notice that they promise to show up in immigration court in 6 months. Heard it on NPR.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_coon
...Heard it on NPR.
NPR?

I'm just waiting for FeelTheLove to chime in any minute now with the news that NPR is an organ of neo-con propaganda.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 11:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:

I don't think you understand the European attitude towards terrorism. They have lived with it for years. They deal with it as a police matter. Evidently, they catch them before they blow up things, something we don't seem to do very well. I'm sure you would like them to go all jelly and scared like you rightwing fear freaks, but the Germans are made of tougher stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in