When Did "The War On Terror" Start, And, How Do We Determine It Is Over? - Page 27 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #261 of 345 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 08:05 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian80
Anyone know how much oil Iraq has? And when we might be getting some of it? Or, are we already?
Last figure I could find was from 2004. The OPEC report shows Iraq has 115 billion barrels of proven oil, which makes it the 3rd largest OPEC member, after Iran and Saudi Arabia.

http://www.opec.org/library/Annual%2...df/ASB2004.pdf

The only output information I could find stated they had 74 known fields and only 15 in production. It sounds like they are not exporting hardly anything from what I can take.

"Protecting the Constitution vs Presidental powers is not about terrorism, but of doing what is right vs. what is easy. I choose doing right... where do you stand?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #262 of 345 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 08:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: DeLorean DMC-12
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
Didn't you fill out the forms and send them in with your last tax return? I had four barrels of genuine Iraqi crude dropped off on my driveway just last week.
Dammit! I NEVER get any freebies from the Guvment. They just take, take, take--and even more from me 'cause I haven't spawned. (I should pay less taxes for not unleashing a bunch of MiniMe's on society. )

Trade ya a sack of White Castle's for your oil???
post #263 of 345 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 08:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: DeLorean DMC-12
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstone
Last figure I could find was from 2004. The OPEC report shows Iraq has 115 billion barrels of proven oil, which makes it the 3rd largest OPEC member, after Iran and Saudi Arabia.

The only output information I could find stated they had 74 known fields and only 15 in production. It sounds like they are not exporting hardly anything from what I can take.
Thanks for the info, rstone.
post #264 of 345 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 08:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstone

I read in the news recently that Iraq is at about 80% of prewar/pre-embargo capacity. Also, that Saddam over-produced his fields which may mean that a large proportion of the fields maybe unrecoverable at present oil prices. BTW, this is the reason that the reserves estimate changes -- Oil that is unprofitable to recover at one price maybe recoverable at another. If oil prices stay high then look for proven reserve estimates to increase to some degree.

Also, Iraq is building some additional refinery capacity and modernizing their existing refinery facilities. This will allow Iraq to make more money by shipping refined product rather than raw product.

Most of the violence in Iraq is NOT in the oil producing areas. The primary reason for reduced production in Iraq is NOT the insurgency, it is the state of the neglected system, from wellhead to pipeline.

Bot
post #265 of 345 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 08:26 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:

Veering off topic*....Anyone know how much oil Iraq has? And when we might be getting some of it? Or, are we already?

It looks to me like the best way to get the oil out of Iraq is to invade Syria and build a pipeline through it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mapmiddleeast.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	209.5 KB
ID:	96186  

Last edited by baby boo; 08-22-2006 at 08:30 PM.
post #266 of 345 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 08:30 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Dammit! I NEVER get any freebies from the Guvment. They just take, take, take--and even more from me 'cause I haven't spawned. (I should pay less taxes for not unleashing a bunch of MiniMe's on society. )
I think Boneheaddoctor works for the government -- I can try to arrange for a freeebie if you're interested.

Quote:
Trade ya a sack of White Castle's for your oil???
Straight up? I thought you'd hit me up for a few x-tabs too -- done deal. You'll have to pick 'em up tho...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #267 of 345 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 08:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
Actually, the UN inspection team just prior to our invasion was satisfied with Iraqi cooperation and compliance, unlike prior teams that were being jerked around at every turn. When preliminary reports indicated that a ruling of full compliance was imminent, GW ran them off and launched the invasion, while some small doubt still remained. IOW, he was only willing to tolerate the inspection team as long as there was a chance they would help justify the invasion.
not to mention that many people were getting really rich supervising "food for oil" program.

Saddam was a bloody despot. We need someone like him to stand up to Iran now.
post #268 of 345 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 08:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby boo
It looks to me like the best way to get the oil out of Iraq is to invade Syria and build a pipeline through it
or maybe invade Iran and no pipeline is needed

Why oh Why Dear G-D put our oil in the land of the people who hate us so much?
post #269 of 345 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 08:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
India is building a pipeline from Adjerbaijan to India across Afghanistan and Pakistan. China is building pipelines from Sibera.

India is competing directly for oil with China and with Japan. India has recently decided that its best interest is to risk a closer relationship with the USA in hopes of receiving some protection from China and also from islamic expansionism. The irony of this is that India was the founder of the Non-Aligned States block within the UN. It successfully leveraged a close relationship with the USSR by fighting a war with China and publicly rejecting the USA. The shoe is now officially on the other foot.

B
post #270 of 345 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 08:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
India is building a pipeline from Adjerbaijan to India across Afghanistan and Pakistan. China is building pipelines from Sibera.

India is competing directly for oil with China and with Japan. India has recently decided that its best interest is to risk a closer relationship with the USA in hopes of receiving some protection from China and also from islamic expansionism. The irony of this is that India was the founder of the Non-Aligned States block within the UN. It successfully leveraged a close relationship with the USSR by fighting a war with China and publicly rejecting the USA. The shoe is now officially on the other foot.

B
Indians are pretty smart, at least the ruling cast. They are taking our friendship and our jobs as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in