When Did "The War On Terror" Start, And, How Do We Determine It Is Over? - Page 15 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 345 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstone
So I take it you think it was alright for Hitler to slaughter the Jews.. well becaused he could.

I think you need to re-check your logic, its obviously faulty somewhere.

The difference is that the british took the land from the majority population, against the majorities wishes, giving the minority 90% of the land, and ONLY giving arms to the minority to control what was the majority. The reason the
Palestinians COULDNT fight back was because the british didnt allow them to have arms. Only the Israeli. I don't call that playing fair.
You still don't get it -- I officially give up. You cannot embrace logic (by its very definition) until you abandon your subjectivity and emotionalism.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #142 of 345 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 08:25 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
rstone's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_coon
Please read history books. Ancient as well as contemporary. Then try to bring some valid arguments.
Coming from someone like you who is in denial and claims to knows more than biblical scholars is rich. Your nothing but self-delusional. Maybe you should study your Middle East history more.

"Protecting the Constitution vs Presidental powers is not about terrorism, but of doing what is right vs. what is easy. I choose doing right... where do you stand?"
rstone is offline  
post #143 of 345 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 08:27 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
rstone's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
You still don't get it -- I officially give up. You cannot embrace logic (by its very definition) until you abandon your subjectivity and emotionalism.
I just call them how I see them

"Protecting the Constitution vs Presidental powers is not about terrorism, but of doing what is right vs. what is easy. I choose doing right... where do you stand?"
rstone is offline  
post #144 of 345 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 08:27 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_coon
Please read history books. Ancient as well as contemporary. Then try to bring some valid arguments.
Please read contemporary books. Then you may understand the the birth of Hezbollah and their mandate.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #145 of 345 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 08:28 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstone
Coming from someone like you who is in denial and claims to knows more than biblical scholars is rich. Your nothing but self-delusional. Maybe you should study your Middle East history more.
I give up just as German Star did. You are not listening, you are not bringing the arguments, you are not arguing because you don't know what you are talking about.

Rest in peace, enjoy.
maine_coon is offline  
post #146 of 345 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstone
I just call them how I see them
In the final analysis, that's all any of us can really do, I suppose...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #147 of 345 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 08:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
baby boo's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,646
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstone
Maybe, but the fact still remains the areas they occupy are small compared to the land they live in. The only reason they refuse to give up the West Bank is the natural aquifers in those areas, and the strategic military advantage of being on the hills of the West Bank.
Strategic importance does not explain the reason for Israel holding on to all the "occupied territories". E.g., the Shebaa farms area is of no military or economic value to Israel and yet they won't return it without a compreshensive settlement. It's being used as a bargaining chip with Lebanon. The Golan Heights, on the other hand, is critically important (as the Israelis see it).

Israel has demonstrated that they they are willing to exchange land for peace. They did it with Egypt and, in the process, lost valuable oil fields in the Sinai peninsula. So the statement that Israel is still occupying the west bank because of its natural resources is just propaganda.

If past is prologue, Israel will yield the west bank to the palestinians but not without a comprehensive settlement.

The excuse (that is sometimes made) that what motivates terrorism is not religious extremism but rather military occupation (a thesis I believe you advanced based upon an academic work) has just had a chance to be tested in the real world in the form of Israel's withdrawl from the Gaza strip. In spite of that the rockets continued to be fired and Israeli soldiers abducted.

So with that "theory" in tatters as to the cause of terrorism it's back to the drawing board with you.

Last edited by baby boo; 08-21-2006 at 08:36 PM.
baby boo is offline  
post #148 of 345 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 08:33 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
rstone's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
In the final analysis, that's all any of us can really do, I suppose...
German I respect your opinion, and your right to express how you view things. I just happen to interpret the history I have read differently than you. History is obviously written depending on whos view is writting it, so obviously we will have conflicting ideas of events. Each side has their view of what took place and what is taking place. In the end, we can agree to disagree, because I doubt I will ever convince you of my position, just as you won't convince me of yours.

"Protecting the Constitution vs Presidental powers is not about terrorism, but of doing what is right vs. what is easy. I choose doing right... where do you stand?"
rstone is offline  
post #149 of 345 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 08:36 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
rstone's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby boo
The excuse (that is sometimes made) that what motivates terrorism is not religious extremism but rather military occupation (a thesis I believe you advanced based upon an academic work) has just had a chance to be tested in the real world in the form of Israel's withdrawl from the Gaza strip. In spite of that the rockets continued to be fired and Israeli soldiers abducted.

So with that "theory" in tatters as to the cause of terrorism it's back to the drawing board with you.
I wouldnt necessarily agree it was a failure. I personally don't believe the acts of terrorism will stop until Israel leaves not only Gaza which is has done, but all of the West Bank, which I doubt Israel will ever do. Until that happens, I believe this will continue indefinately.

"Protecting the Constitution vs Presidental powers is not about terrorism, but of doing what is right vs. what is easy. I choose doing right... where do you stand?"
rstone is offline  
post #150 of 345 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 08:37 PM
BenzWorld Veteran
 
67_250SE's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2005
Posts: 794
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstone
In the end, we can agree to disagree, because I doubt I will ever convince you of my position, just as you won't convince me of yours.
As much as I disagree with "most" of your posts here, that is one of the most lucid evaluations of what generally happens here.

Good job (and there is not a trace of sarcasm in that statement, I'd hate to be accused of resorting to the lowest form of wit).
67_250SE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    "Yakuza" Sato's AMG Mercedes from "Black Rain" (starring Michael Douglas&Andy Garcia) JJB236 W124 E,CE,D,TD Class 23 10-05-2009 01:19 PM
    500 SEC "brake bushings" & "castor supports" Graham W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class 5 08-26-2003 01:14 PM
    OT - "Pro War" UncAl W163 M-Class 5 08-23-2003 09:18 AM
    TIRES WANTED!! 265/30/19 "rear" 235/35/19 "front" bigjx76 W203 C-Class 0 08-05-2003 06:14 PM
    DREW - - On some posts your system puts a " " (space) in Message to kill the "NT" Jüri. W163 M-Class 3 08-07-2002 06:28 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome