Crackpot Christianity? - Page 6 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 04:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstone
I'd rather be a liberal than someone like yourself who supports despotic conservatives who piss on the consitution.
Put a label on somebody and shoot the label. You are Jayhawker--you've got that same Harvard-sharp wit and analytical mind.

B
Botnst is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 04:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
FeelTheLove is offline  
post #53 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
 
rstone's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Put a label on somebody and shoot the label. You are Jayhawker--you've got that same Harvard-sharp wit and analytical mind.
Personally, I don't like Jay all that much as he is a conservative like yourself.

I'm not labeling you bot, just stating a fact. If you know of any conservatives who actually despise Bush's view on constitution presidental powers, than I will gladly stand corrected. Until that time I'll stick to my original assertion.

"Protecting the Constitution vs Presidental powers is not about terrorism, but of doing what is right vs. what is easy. I choose doing right... where do you stand?"
rstone is offline  
post #54 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 04:47 PM
CH4S Artist
 
Teutone's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Location: Los Angeles / Hannover Germany
Posts: 33,574
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby boo
Now if that were a picture of Mohammed, instead, I'm betting that cartoon would be good for worldwide riots and several hundred deaths.....
Less from conviction than by ignorance, and instigated by the Mullahs. .................................................. ........ .................. Israeli Anti- Semitic Cartoon Contest
The story so far: Danish paper publishes cartoons that mock Muslims. An Iranian paper responds with a Holocaust cartoons contest. Now, a group of Israelis announce their own anti-Semitic cartoons contest. Amitai Sandy, the publisher of Tel-Aviv, Israel-based Dimona Comix, and founder of the contest jokes, “We’ll show the world we can do the best, sharpest, most offensive Jew hating cartoons ever published! No Iranian will beat us on our home turf!”

This is a refreshing response to all the cartoon-fueled anger in the news lately — fighting fire with humour.

(via MetaFilter)
Attached Images
 
Teutone is offline  
post #55 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 04:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
baby boo's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,646
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's very interesting teutone.

It kind of reminds me of the rationale that rap stars use to justify the use of the N-word in their songs. They say that by using it they "empower" themselves and dilute the negative connotation that it has. Many, in the African American commuity, take exception to this, however, and feel its use is inappropriate under any circumstance.
baby boo is offline  
post #56 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 08:20 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstone
Personally, I don't like Jay all that much as he is a conservative like yourself.

I'm not labeling you bot, just stating a fact. If you know of any conservatives who actually despise Bush's view on constitution presidental powers, than I will gladly stand corrected. Until that time I'll stick to my original assertion.

No, you are not stating facts, you are stating your opinions which you believe to be factual.

You are of course, free to believe whatever fairly tale you wish to believe. Just as the Christians whom you believe you wittily criticize, are free to believe what they wish.

B
Botnst is offline  
post #57 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
 
rstone's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
No, you are not stating facts
You just keep telling yourself that... maybe if you say it enough time it will come true.

Like I said before... one mans God is another mans imaginary friend. I know which one to label you with now.

"Protecting the Constitution vs Presidental powers is not about terrorism, but of doing what is right vs. what is easy. I choose doing right... where do you stand?"
rstone is offline  
post #58 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstone
Personally, I don't like Jay all that much as he is a conservative like yourself.
You don't like someone because he's a "conservative"? That's all you need to pass judgement? Pretty lame...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #59 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 08:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
yoseyman's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Location: 1313 Mockingbird lane
Posts: 9,689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yoseyman is offline  
post #60 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 08:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
No, you are not stating facts, you are stating your opinions which you believe to be factual.

You are of course, free to believe whatever fairly tale you wish to believe. Just as the Christians whom you believe you wittily criticize, are free to believe what they wish.

B
I doubt anyone wishes to restrict what Christians wish to believe. It is when they seek to force others to believe in their looney concepts that issues arise. Jim
JimSmith is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome