LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 10:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
You just said that you spoke with him before; how come you want us to prove to you that he exists?
If you speak to Him, it's a prayer.
If He speaks to you, it's shysophrenia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 10:15 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_coon
If you speak to Him, it's a prayer.
If He speaks to you, it's shysophrenia.
Ahhhhh I can't take it I hear the voice
the voice
post #13 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 10:15 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Jul 2005
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstone
However, if you can show me "evidence" that a god or intellegent creature created us, I might reconsider my stand. And I mean REAL evidence.. not this look around you or read the bible stuff that proves nothing.
I think that you just have provided irrefutable proof that no intelligent being was involved in your creation.

Thank you for clearing that up.
post #14 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 10:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_coon
This post is a sufficient proof that if you have enough monkeys typing they can produce some kind of message.
I wouldn't get my hopes up in that regard. On another post he just blurted out the number '9': http://www.benzworld.org/forums/1997487-post4.html
post #15 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2006
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
You just said that you spoke to him before; how come you want us to prove to you that he exists?
I was being facetious, hence the rofl.

"Protecting the Constitution vs Presidental powers is not about terrorism, but of doing what is right vs. what is easy. I choose doing right... where do you stand?"
post #16 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67_250SE
I think that you just have provided irrefutable proof that no intelligent being was involved in your creation.

Thank you for clearing that up.
I guess its true when they say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

"Protecting the Constitution vs Presidental powers is not about terrorism, but of doing what is right vs. what is easy. I choose doing right... where do you stand?"
post #17 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 10:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby boo
I wouldn't get my hopes up in that regard. On another post he just blurted out the number '9': http://www.benzworld.org/forums/1997487-post4.html
LOL
post #18 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 10:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Ahhhhh I can't take it I hear the voice
the voice
Or is it Chysophrenuia?

In any case, I tend to believe that Jesus story had proven to the human kind that it is (at the very least )deadly wrong to execute an innocent and such an action can bring unforeseen consequences to the world of executioners..
post #19 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 10:40 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Jul 2005
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstone
I guess its true when they say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
Actually I was agreeing with you...after reading your posts it is clear that there was no divine or intelligent intervention in your creation.

What? You don't like people agreeing with you?

Oh well.

BTW, Wikipedia defines sarcasm as:

Sarcasm is sneering, jesting, or mocking a person, situation or thing. It is strongly associated with irony, with some definitions classifying it as a type of verbal irony[1]. It is often used in a humorous manner and is expressed through vocal intonations such as over-emphasizing the actual statement or particular words.

Since you got the point of my post, perhaps some intelligent being was responsible for your creation...but doesn't that defeat the whole purpose behind your claim of being an agnostic.

Ponder that.
post #20 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67_250SE
Since you got the point of my post, perhaps some intelligent being was responsible for your creation...but doesn't that defeat the whole purpose behind your claim of being an agnostic.

Ponder that.
Pondering....

Intelligent design says life on Earth is too complex to have developed through evolution, implying that a higher power must have had a hand in creation.

If intelligent design should be given equal standing with the theory of evolution, then that undermines the understanding of science, Intelligent design' is not a scientific theory.

Evolution states that plant, animals and lower life forms are all subject to change over time, and that changes can bring about new species with differing characteristics. Humans are said to have evolved from other primates.

Intelligent design is an attempt to force religion into science. Intelligent design has no support from any observable evidence. Evolution, on the other hand, is a well-documented theory that explains existing evidence, which draws from fossils, DNA analyses and investigations of living things.

Those who claim evolution theory has holes, would do well to understand that the majority of scientists counter that evolution is among the most solid theories of science.

The idea of intelligent design is entirely untestable, and if an idea can't be tested, then it can't be proved one way or the other and so is not a theory.

Scientific theories, like evolution, relativity and plate tectonics, are based on hypotheses that have survived extensive testing and repeated verification. Unfortunately many confuse the difference between science and belief. It is essential that people understand that a scientific theory is not a belief, hunch, or untested hypothesis.

Ponder that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in