post #31 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 06:26 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
Anyone want to leave Iran, Syria, or North Korea to their own devices for four years and see where we end up? Does that seem like a rational bet? If it takes the death of American civilians to justify the mobilization of our military, does someone want to speak up for which civilians need to die first?
Let's see, Iran is working on a bomb and has been for the last few years and has put a date of August 22 for an "answer" to the UN. Suppose to be some meaning to that.

Syria apparently still has juice since it is a player in last months Bedtime for Hezbollah VI.

Today's news had that L'il Kim is planning a nuclear [or nuculer for our neocons] test in the next 30 days. Hopefully that would not coincide with the Iranian August 22 date.

So I can see why you are impressed with the brilliant Foreign Policy of the Stillstoned Cowboy.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 06:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
First, recalling the license plate is ridiculous -- to those who find it offensive, you have a personal problem to address. Second, in regard to the concept of impeachment, I give you two words to ponder: President Cheney.
Damn, I thought Al Haig would be in charge.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #33 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 06:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
Let's see, Iran is working on a bomb and has been for the last few years and has put a date of August 22 for an "answer" to the UN. Suppose to be some meaning to that.

Didn't Ahmadinejad say something to the effect that we should be looking up in the sky for a message on 8/22? (I doubt that he is predicting the return of the Messiah but you never know).

It's possible he's planning some long range ballistic missle test.

That's my bet.
post #34 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 06:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
Hey, I readily admit that I'm equally unable to prove they didn't as the rope-pushers are to prove that they did [fabricate or doctor evidence]. Fortunately in America, you're innocent until proven guilty.

I'll say this - if it comes to light that the President or cabinet were guilty of wrong-doing, I'll be among the first to join the impeachment chant.
You might want to read what Colin Powell has said and written and testified regarding the information. Also the Republican chaired investigation of the WMD question and the CIA's role in it proved that the data was massaged to meet the goal. It is available online and at the GPO.

Reason there has been no real impeachment interest is that both houses of Congress are Republician. D'oh. Things may be different in January. I hope not because nothing else will get done in DC. We need way to much work and Bush is Lame Duck at that point anyway.

McBear,
Kentucky

Last edited by mcbear; 08-17-2006 at 06:37 PM.
post #35 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 06:41 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby boo
Didn't Ahmadinejad say something to the effect that we should be looking up in the sky for a message on 8/22? (I doubt that he is predicting the return of the Messiah but you never know).

It's possible he's planning some long range ballistic missle test.

That's my bet.
I know his guys were in NKorea during their tests. They also have some Chinese rockets that have some range on them [or at least they did in 91]. Hopefully that is all it is. Usually guidance is the hardest part but with very cheap GPS, that has been solved. And the GPS system has been pumped up in the Iraq area for our guys for the last four years.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #36 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 08:03 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
New evidence

The Downing Street post-it note:

post #37 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 08:34 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2006
IRAQ and Weapons of Mass Destruction

According to the CIA report dated in 2004[1], Iraq's WMD capability was destroyed in 1991. While its true Saddam Hussein wanted long range missiles, none had gone beyond the design stage. The CIA report continues to say that Saddam ended the nuclear program in 1991 following the Gulf War and that there was no evidence to suggest concerted efforts to restart this program. The report also states that IRAQ destroyed in chemical weapons stockpile in 1991 with no credible indication that Baghdad had resumed production of chemical munitions thereafter, and the there CW program was crippled by the Gulf War, and in spite of exhaustive investigation found no evidence that IRAQ possessed, or was developing WMD’s.

Before the war CIA director George Tenet said he "never said there was an imminent threat from Iraq" which he told the Bush Administration. Still Bush called Iraq an "immediate" and "grave" threat. In September 18, 2002 Rumsfeld told the House Armed Services Committee that terrorist poised a "more immediate threat to the safety and security of our people" than Iraq.

What congress did not know was that prior to authorizing the invasion was all the privately held conversions that took place like those between Clark or that Bush had made up his mind to invade Iraq long before the resolution went to congress. Also congress was not told of the disagreements between the CIA and DIA and the experts in WMD’s from the DOE and IAEA. Furthermore nor was congress told about Jr. Level CIA employee’s being fire for disagreeing with the White House Assessment of the threat of Iraq.

Keep in mind there were actually two reports, one that existed for Congress (unclassified) and one held by the intelligence community.

According to the Senate Intelligence Report (Non-Classified) released in October 2002[2]to congress regarding Iraq a lot of words such as "we judge" or "we assess" were removed from the non-classified version to congress and as a result many sentences appeared as "statements of fact rather than assessments". Also a statement was added that was not in the actual report that stated "that all intelligence experts agree that Iraq is seeking WMDs" as well as references to Chemical and Biological weapons that did not appear on the Classified version of this report.

One must ask yourself why they were doctoring the intelligence given to Congress. The only conclusion is that they were fixing the intelligence to get congress to vote for war against Iraq.

UN Inspections

A letter dated January 27, 2003 just 2 months before the invasion of Iraq, the IAEA inspectors in Iraq had determined that Iraq was in full compliances with IAEA safeguards, and that there were no indications to suggest Iraq had been successful in its attempt to produce nuclear weapons.[3]

As for the tubes that were sought by Iraq, the IAEA had determined these 81mm tubes were not suitable for development of a centrifuge and were consistent with the reverse engineering of rockets.[3]

SOURCES

[1] http://www.cia.gov/cia/reports/iraq_...y_Findings.pdf

[2] http://www.adaction.org/warcongress.pdf

[3] http://www.iaea.org/OurWork/SV/Invo/.../s_2003_95.pdf

"Protecting the Constitution vs Presidental powers is not about terrorism, but of doing what is right vs. what is easy. I choose doing right... where do you stand?"
post #38 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 10:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
If the Dems gain control in the coming days, there will no doubt be endless hearings.

Moral equivalency imbalance is in the liberal genetic code.

It should be entertaining.

I have no sympathy for any politician. I am cynical about any of their motives, and Bush has gone a long way to erase the differences I can point out between the parties.

I live in CA and have no say in federal elections because I am outnumbered, anyway.
post #39 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 12:29 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Jul 2005
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007
...I live in CA and have no say in federal elections because I am outnumbered, anyway.
California is funny that way, isn't it.

We keep electing (for themost part anyway) Republican governors, but when it comes to Federal elections Californians keep votingin Dems.

I blame the axis of evil--SanFran and L.A.
post #40 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 12:45 AM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in