To profile or not to profile? - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 08:15 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Don't forget the Wright Bros had a hand in this too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 08:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
The U.S. was complicit, albeit unwittingly.... Without U.S. assistance, the 9/11 attack would have almost certainly not occurred.
Need a whole suit of foil to keep those Traflammadorian Q-waves from penetrating.
post #33 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 08:32 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Need a whole suit of foil to keep those Traflammadorian Q-waves from penetrating.
You're right. Allowing known terrorists into the U.S. and training known terrorists to fly airplanes is absolutely reasonable. I don't know why we stopped...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #34 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 08:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
You're right. Allowing known terrorists into the U.S. and training known terrorists to fly airplanes is absolutely reasonable. I don't know why we stopped...
Perhaps a dictionary would help with understanding the word, "complicit."
post #35 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 08:36 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Perhaps a dictionary would help with understanding the word, "complicit."
I'll check that out while you check "unwittingly".

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #36 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 08:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And while both of you are busy leafing through the dictionary I'll post a link to the Zogby poll: http://www.zogby.com/features/features.dbm?ID=231

Quote: Some people believe that the US government and its 9/11 Commission concealed or refused to investigate critical evidence that contradicts their official explanation of the September 11th attacks, saying there has been a cover-up. Others say that the 9/11 Commission was a bi-partisan group of honest and well-respected people and that there is no reason they would want to cover-up anything. Who are you more likely to agree with?
US government and 9/11 Commission are NOT covering up
48%
US government and 9/11 Commission are covering up
Not sure

Close to half (48%) agrees the U.S. government and 9/11 Commission are not covering up anything, yet nearly as many (42%) believe the government and 9/11 Commission are covering up. One in ten (10%) is unsure

Now that I read the actual poll (rather than second hand reports of it) I'm not sure exactly what these people are thinking....
post #37 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 08:58 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby boo
And while both of you are busy leafing through the dictionary I'll post a link to the Zogby poll: http://www.zogby.com/features/features.dbm?ID=231

Quote: Some people believe that the US government and its 9/11 Commission concealed or refused to investigate critical evidence that contradicts their official explanation of the September 11th attacks, saying there has been a cover-up. Others say that the 9/11 Commission was a bi-partisan group of honest and well-respected people and that there is no reason they would want to cover-up anything. Who are you more likely to agree with?
48%
Not sure

Close to half (48%) agrees the U.S. government and 9/11 Commission are not covering up anything, yet nearly as many (42%) believe the government and 9/11 Commission are covering up. One in ten (10%) is unsure

Now that I read the actual poll (rather than second hand reports of it) I'm not sure exactly what these people are thinking....
Yeah, I'm certainly not insinuating any bad intent -- just stupidity. Bush certainly had nothing to do with 9/11. To him, it was just a lucky break...

post #38 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstone
The US government, Amnesty International, ACLU.

Even the UK's definition is very similar...

"The targeting of individuals and groups..., even partially, on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin or religion, except where there is trustworthy information, relevant to the locality and time frame, that links persons belonging to one of the aforementioned groups to an identified criminal incident or scheme"

http://www.met.police.uk/foi/pdfs/po...principles.pdf
(pg. 13)

The link does not work and I suspect you have taken that quote out of context.Profiling as far as airport security is concerned has as much to do with suspicious behaviour, signs of stress and unusual ticketing as it does to race or etnicity.Is English your first language?

Last edited by deathrattle; 08-16-2006 at 10:42 PM.
post #39 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 06:25 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
I'll check that out while you check "unwittingly".
"Unwittingly complicit" is either unwittingly or complicitly oxymoronic, but not both.
post #40 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 06:30 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby boo

48%
Not sure

I'd guess a majority of Americans have not read the 9/11 Commission Report. It is a thorugh and highly footnoted document. Only a complete fucking fool could read and understand that document and still believe that the gov did it.

Brian Carlton, what is your opinion of voters?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in