DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
I cannot agree with you on the USA being in favor of it. There is absolutely no way it could possible help US interests anywhere.

It drives another wedge between the Arab world and the USA. The USA needs that like it needs a widening war.

It drives another wedge between Iraqi Shiites and the USA. See the above.

It pushes Iraqi Shiites toward Iran since Iran is the big supporter of the fight against "the Zionists."

It politicizes a general support for Israel among the general electorate in the USA--yet another issue to split along party lines. Certainly NOT a goal in time of great political upheaval and war.

It would have been far, far better for the USA that Israel not do anything more than a minor tit-for-tat.

I imagine that Israel informed the USA but did not ask our opinion.

Bot
Bot since when we really cared about a "wedge" with the Arabs? They eat shit when we say so and that's the way it has always been. They don't like it we seek on them their own puppet regimes. We have two interests in that region, secure the oil and secure Israel. (PERIOD) everything else is lips service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 06:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Bot since when we really cared about a "wedge" with the Arabs? They eat shit when we say so and that's the way it has always been. They don't like it we seek on them their own puppet regimes. We have two interests in that region, secure the oil and secure Israel. (PERIOD) everything else is lips service.
On this characterization we disagree. Whether it is accurate or not hardly matters.

The reality is that the war makes things more difficult for us. Therefore it is unlikely we would support it.

Doesn't mean we don't support Israel.

B
post #53 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 06:35 PM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
On this characterization we disagree. Whether it is accurate or not hardly matters.

The reality is that the war makes things more difficult for us. Therefore it is unlikely we would support it.

Doesn't mean we don't support Israel.

B

We do support Israel but given a choice we would not support the Arabs, let's be frank. Stats show how we love those Arabs and are willing to do business with them don't they? Yeah yeah you're gonna say if they only behaved maybe we could give them the human treatment but you know if it was not for that oil there would not be a Bush and Saudi Royal family sleep overs.
post #54 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 06:53 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guage
A sure sign of defeat.
A gracious acknowledgment on your part, but I wasn't aware that victory or defeat was an aspect of conversation. Perhaps you should announce your intentions before firing the starter pistol next time...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #55 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
Lebanon isn't "harboring" anybody. Hezabollah is comprised of Lebanese citizens. The smart thing to do is to encourage Hezbollah to melt back into Lebanese society. Breaking ties with foreign governments is a must. Labelling them as "terrorists", like GW did several times in his speech today is both disrespectful and unproductive.
Every time he calls them "terrorists" it makes the Europeans cringe. This is a militia operating in a country with little or no standing army. The United States itself recognizes and uses such militias throughout it's history. It is the European's belief that with a little bit of diplomacy Hezbollah could be pried from the Iranians and made to become part of the local governmental structure as surely as the Texas Rangers did when Texas became part of the US. Bush wants everyone opposed to them labeled a terrorist: look at his stooges on this forum who call anyone who dissents "terrorists", in fact some dumb fucking asshole called me a "jihadist" the other day. The good news is that people in this country are starting to fight back against the Bush/Cheney fascistas and their media synchophants. The Lamont vote is the start of a new revolution in this country against this entire "War on Terror", which is nothing more than an attempt to impose Orwellianism on this country. People in general have had enough of these miserable fucking lies - just read the polls and look at the election results. Hell, Tom Delay can't run away from the ballot box fast enough.

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 08-14-2006 at 07:10 PM.
post #56 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Try Colgate.
I actually got that.
post #57 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 07:17 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
A gracious acknowledgment on your part, but I wasn't aware that victory or defeat was an aspect of conversation. Perhaps you should announce your intentions before firing the starter pistol next time...
Fist blood
I would hardly call it conversing, its only intent was to insult.
post #58 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 07:19 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by guage
Fist blood
I would hardly call it conversing, its only intent was to insult.
No need to announce your intent at this point.....

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #59 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 07:25 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
The time of freely hurling personal insults on this forum well soon be faded out along with the person using them.

You run your sprint and I'll run my marathon.

The starting pistol has sounded.
post #60 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 07:32 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Since I do not engage in hurling insults, I freely acquiesce to your superiority in this regard and declare 'no contest'.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in