Tipping point?!!!! - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 02:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
That would be a violation of the law, an impeachable offense. He has been ignoring the constitution because he can - that will change. A veto will not do him any good either - if he vetos the spending bill, he cuts off his funding. He cannot create funds with a veto. I think the GOP is headed for the biggest election defeat in history. I think the Congress is going to start running this country, a Democratic congress, and that is the way this country is designed to run. What other choice do the voters have? It's the only way to fix what everyone sees as a massive mistake in re-electing Bush. This fascist idea of a fucking cowboy commander-dictator is bullshit, treasonous bullshit, and it will be coming to an end. Either that, the United States is headed for disaster.
Leaving aside the usual wacko diatribe, the remainder is exactly the intent of the framers.

Interestingly, France and the USA have agreed on some sort of UN resolutions concerning Lebanon and Israel. Is it another Cheney plot?

B
Botnst is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 03:07 PM
BenzWorld Extremist
 
Date registered: Feb 2005
Vehicle: 1984 300SD 1986 300SDL 1989 300SE 1998 740iL
Location: NY
Posts: 1,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
I think the GOP is headed for the biggest election defeat in history...............


This fascist idea of a fucking cowboy commander-dictator is bullshit, treasonous bullshit, and it will be coming to an end. Either that, the United States is headed for disaster.
I sure hope that you're right.

Be fantastic if we get a democratic congress and the DB can't do anything but sneer for the last two years.

Brian Carlton
1984 300 SD
1986 300 SDL
1987 300 SDL
Brian Carlton is offline  
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 03:15 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Leaving aside the usual wacko diatribe, the remainder is exactly the intent of the framers.

Interestingly, France and the USA have agreed on some sort of UN resolutions concerning Lebanon and Israel. Is it another Cheney plot?

B
Hahahaha
That's because the US just realized that it fucked up. It could not at this point come up alone with recommendations for a cease fire because it has burnt its bridges. Choosing France may be the only way it sees itself as a player in this equation except that I am sure that Lebanon sees right through this charade. The last party into any negotiations Lebanon wants to see is the USA as it now sees it and rightly so, as an Israeli accomplice playing the good cop while complementing for the bad one.
For whatever reason the US insists on being a key member in this game yet it has shown intentional incompetence over and over. This might not be a Cheney plot but it surely smells like a neo-con one. In the end Israel will loose out and this is going to bolster more terrorism either as an excuse from the incursion itself or fromwhat all of our foes have observed once again how stupid and short sighted we are. They will keep pelting us with what seem harmless pebbles but in the end we will succumb from all the scars we would have sustained from different corners over this long and expensive misadventure.

Last edited by DP; 08-05-2006 at 03:17 PM.
DP is offline  
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 07:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Hahahaha
That's because the US just realized that it fucked up. It could not at this point come up alone with recommendations for a cease fire because it has burnt its bridges. Choosing France may be the only way it sees itself as a player in this equation except that I am sure that Lebanon sees right through this charade. The last party into any negotiations Lebanon wants to see is the USA as it now sees it and rightly so, as an Israeli accomplice playing the good cop while complementing for the bad one.
For whatever reason the US insists on being a key member in this game yet it has shown intentional incompetence over and over. This might not be a Cheney plot but it surely smells like a neo-con one. In the end Israel will loose out and this is going to bolster more terrorism either as an excuse from the incursion itself or fromwhat all of our foes have observed once again how stupid and short sighted we are. They will keep pelting us with what seem harmless pebbles but in the end we will succumb from all the scars we would have sustained from different corners over this long and expensive misadventure.
It could be that both the USA and France negotiated from their original positions.

Why is it when the French shift their positions in negotiations they are wise statesman demonstrating leadership and when your country does it you believe it to be further demonstration of what you believe to be incompetence?

B
Botnst is offline  
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Perhaps it is the utterly fantastic history of incompetence demonstrated by the Bush/Cheney regime. The real truth is that Bush has changed our relationship with Israel to suit his religious fascist friends. Everybody ought to be nervous about it:

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/NY...easy_0801.html
FeelTheLove is offline  
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 07:39 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
MBZER's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 560/sel/sec/Jag XJS
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,930
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
if It wasn't for the French...'merikkkans would be speaking Germany right now.
MBZER is offline  
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 07:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
It could be that both the USA and France negotiated from their original positions.

Why is it when the French shift their positions in negotiations they are wise statesman demonstrating leadership and when your country does it you believe it to be further demonstration of what you believe to be incompetence?

B
My opinion of that thought is that the French have a history of statesmanship that goes back centuries.

This particular administration has a history of drawing big ol' lines in the sand and declaring that it absolutely positively is not going to budge. If the other side does not come around, THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES!!!

Then, after everyone points out the obvious failures of that position, the administration has to change its position to fit the reality of the situation.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Premium Member
 
offroadwarrior's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2006
Vehicle: Nice, Fast, Luxurious.
Location: NY
Posts: 817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Premium Member
Mbzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBZER
if It wasn't for the French...'merikkkans would be speaking Germany right now.
Catch a wave from the Sea of Stupidity and land on the beach, on the Island of Sanity.

Mi$ter Right.
offroadwarrior is offline  
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 08:03 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
My opinion of that thought is that the French have a history of statesmanship that goes back centuries. ....
Oh wow. That just stuns me.

The history that the French exhibit in statesmanship is truly an amazing legacy.

Bot
Botnst is offline  
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 08:27 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
yoseyman's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Location: 1313 Mockingbird lane
Posts: 9,689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
tipping point

usually about 15%
yoseyman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Tipping Service Assistants? rebbit General Mercedes-Benz 48 12-12-2007 12:57 PM
    The Iraq war 'tipping point'? GeeS Off-Topic 18 12-20-2006 08:35 AM
    Tipping service assistants? rebbit W163 M-Class 15 07-30-2004 09:12 AM
    OT: Sorry, but can someone point... bgoin R170 SLK-Class 3 09-09-2003 01:35 AM
    And the point of the screen would be.......................... Joe R170 SLK-Class 2 04-15-2001 11:21 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome