DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
So ignoring the Geneva Conventions is okay, right?

B
Esqueeze me, this is a hypothetical scenario that I applied for our USA not some existing conflict. If I am invaded with overwhelming force in an unjust way; well, the hell with any “conventions”, protocols or sense of humanity. I will fight and accept being called a terrorist if it scares my enemy and that’s my leverage. If it requires that I sacrifice my friends, family or “friends” for the sake of our freedom you bet I will do just that. Now are you in or you want to join Az to be part of the enemy’s payroll?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 470 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 05:38 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
Santa is not real.
Tooth fairy isn't either.
You got to be shitting me?
post #93 of 470 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 05:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Esqueeze me, this is a hypothetical scenario that I applied for our USA not some existing conflict. If I am invaded with overwhelming force in an unjust way; well, the hell with any “conventions”, protocols or sense of humanity. I will fight and accept being called a terrorist if it scares my enemy and that’s my leverage. If it requires that I sacrifice my friends, family or “friends” for the sake of our freedom you bet I will do just that. Now are you in or you want to join Az to be part of the enemy’s payroll?
Well for me it's like this. If I believe in something enough to follow it in good times I damn-sure better be man enough to believe it when things are bad.

It's easy to be (for example) a dissident in this country and all of the other secular democracies. The risk is so low as to be inconsequential--dissidents are a bargain in the USA: they rally to the vast number of different issues that different people find totally unacceptable. It would be not so easy if one were in (say) Nazi Germany, the USSR, Pol Pot's Cambodia, North Korea, Iran, or (just speculating here) the Hezbollah.

Bot
post #94 of 470 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 05:54 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Well for me it's like this. If I believe in something enough to follow it in good times I damn-sure better be man enough to believe it when things are bad.

It's easy to be (for example) a dissident in this country and all of the other secular democracies. The risk is so low as to be inconsequential--dissidents are a bargain in the USA: they rally to the vast number of different issues that different people find totally unacceptable. It would be not so easy if one were in (say) Nazi Germany, the USSR, Pol Pot's Cambodia, North Korea, Iran, or (just speculating here) the Hezbollah.

Bot
Good point but no matter what the environment you need a starting point that defines your principles. I am not going to wait until I am oppressed by some foreign force to define my response as remote as I may think it is; but is it?
It does not have to be an armed or occupational conflict in the traditional sense either
Drew
post #95 of 470 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 06:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Tough talk from a traitor that would not survive as a freedom fighter I would say
I am sure you would shoot me for the right reward
You see, you and I are different. I will fight with every means and ways I can put together in the face of overwhelming force while you prefer to choose your battles only if there is a clear demarcation where our enemy promises that they will face you like a 19th century attack formation.
Well that's a first. I've never been called a traitor. What is the definition of traitor that I resemble?

It appears the only difference between your ambition and mine is that I will stop at targeting civilians for political/coercive advantage.

If the right reward were the salvation of innocent civilians from the gnashing maw of a terrorist wolf, then yes that would motivate me to shoot you...........the distance I suggested would be for sport.

aborted Shop Forum member

post #96 of 470 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 07:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 560/sel/sec/Jag XJS
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azimuth

If the right reward were the salvation of innocent civilians from the gnashing maw of a terrorist wolf, then yes that would motivate me to shoot you...........the distance I suggested would be for sport.

Love that sentence,

post #97 of 470 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 07:58 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBZER
Love that sentence,

You bet, but Rex will be in my shirt pocket HAHAHAHAHA
post #98 of 470 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 08:19 PM
BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby boo
My understanding is that this is a tempory halt in "aerial activity" by aircraft only. It does not rule out the use of ground troops or artillery. Hopefully Israel will use this time to step up its ground offensive in south Lebanon..
Indeed, there is no evidence whatever that the Israelis care even a little about their continued and wholesale slaughter of civilian noncombatants. They are simply doing in Lebanon what they have always done to the Palestinians. The only reason they temporarily suspended their aerial bombardments is because of the p.r. implications of having killed so many young children at one time. Soon, before you know it even, they'll be back to their dirty business. With the full faith and credit of the United States of America.

A more effective method of recruiting new "terrorists" may scarcely be imagined.
post #99 of 470 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 08:27 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
I've always admired your objectivity and ability to emotionally detach.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #100 of 470 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 09:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
It is unfortunate this has happened, but there is some good in it for the US. For weeks now we have had the Fascist Propaganda Machine trying to convince us that this fight was somehow our fight, and that Israel was somehow fighting our fight for us. The pigfuck fascist murderers who run the GOP would love to get us involved in this shit storm so they can acheive the PNAC Wet Dream of controlling Syria and Iraq with puppet governments. In this incident the Americn People see what is reallu going on - an endless and unsolvable cycle of death and murder that will go on for eternity between the Arabs and the Jews. The message was heard loud and clear: stay the fuck out of it and let these insane bastards destory each other or figure it out themselves. And look what fools we arre: we have created numerous Hezbollah allies and clones in Iraq. And we think we can solve the problems of Lebanon? The only thing we do is make things worse. Look at that shithead Rice, talking like some Orwellian nightmare - we want a cease fire, but we don't want a cease fire. In other words, until her fascist fuck agenda is served, she doesn't give a shit how many kids die. She never gave a fuck in Iraq, so who the hell thiinks she will give a fuck in Lebanon.

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 07-30-2006 at 09:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in