It's Deja Vu all over again: Fox News peddling WMD lies for next Bush War? - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 07:18 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Can you guys quit foolin' around and get Syrias please?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 07:20 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
Can you guys quit foolin' around and get Syrias please?
Are you serial?
DP is offline  
post #13 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 07:21 PM
GMISBEST.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
yeah are you serial?
post #14 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 07:30 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Do you hear about the dead guy they found in Bone's office the other morning? He was completely naked, lying in a puddle of milk with a banana shoved up his ass. They think it was a cereal killer.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #15 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 08:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
The people quoted in the article do news analysis, not reporting. They, like say, Frank Rich, are under no obligation to stick to the facts, they are there to sell air time to folks who like that particular sort of discussion. Do you geniuses understand the difference between news and opinion? That piece is what we call, "opinion". Like when Maureen ODowd or Bill Buckley etc, opine without benefit of facts or truth or fairness.

I hope you have adults around who will help you cross the street.

Bot
Botnst is offline  
post #16 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 08:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
The people quoted in the article do news analysis, not reporting. They, like say, Frank Rich, are under no obligation to stick to the facts, they are there to sell air time to folks who like that particular sort of discussion. Do you geniuses understand the difference between news and opinion? That piece is what we call, "opinion". Like when Maureen ODowd or Bill Buckley etc, opine without benefit of facts or truth or fairness.

I hope you have adults around who will help you cross the street.

Bot
Bot, even in your most obtuse moments you can't really believe the Fox News Program that was linked is playing to an audience that, like the audiences of the several news "analysts" you noted, is clear on the difference between an opinion and news? I see your point (sharp and tiny as it is), but the original point is this is an unsubstantiated-by-any-real-facts "opinion" likely held by no one in the televised report that was purposefully presented as other than an unsubstantiated-by-any-real-facts opinion. It was presented in the style of a news report, not a purely for fun, speculative, "what-if" story. Which is what is so objectionable. Jim
JimSmith is offline  
post #17 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 08:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mzsmbs's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Location: on a high bank of a creek
Posts: 7,296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
do you know anything about General Sada?

i'll tell you one thing, never met a towel head name George, ok.. although he is hawking a book so he must be legit.



in political asylum
mzsmbs is offline  
post #18 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 08:55 PM
GMISBEST.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
Bot, even in your most obtuse moments you can't really believe the Fox News Program that was linked is playing to an audience that, like the audiences of the several news "analysts" you noted, is clear on the difference between an opinion and news? I see your point (sharp and tiny as it is), but the original point is this is an unsubstantiated-by-any-real-facts "opinion" likely held by no one in the televised report that was purposefully presented as other than an unsubstantiated-by-any-real-facts opinion. It was presented in the style of a news report, not a purely for fun, speculative, "what-if" story. Which is what is so objectionable. Jim
Oh jim hush, if Fox says that there is WMD so it must be true. So stop differentiating between opnion and news cause Bot knows well that really there is no difference as you sadi for most Fox viewers. Why do you have to spoil his point? Can you people let Bot win once in a while, otherwise he is going to feel like the left out child in the play pen. Bot I got you back buddy, please don't cry
post #19 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 10:40 PM
~BANNED~
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Posts: 41,649
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Now, now, I thought I was the only one who got to pick a fight with Bot. Well go ahead as I am sure some of you are better equipped to handle it...
Shane is offline  
post #20 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 06:01 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
Bot, even in your most obtuse moments you can't really believe the Fox News Program that was linked is playing to an audience that, like the audiences of the several news "analysts" you noted, is clear on the difference between an opinion and news? I see your point (sharp and tiny as it is), but the original point is this is an unsubstantiated-by-any-real-facts "opinion" likely held by no one in the televised report that was purposefully presented as other than an unsubstantiated-by-any-real-facts opinion. It was presented in the style of a news report, not a purely for fun, speculative, "what-if" story. Which is what is so objectionable. Jim
Evidence is in: You cannot differentiate op/ed from news.

Bot
Botnst is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Bush, Cheney, Rice Were Personally Told Iraq Had No WMD in Fall 2002 firstmb Off-Topic 21 04-28-2006 01:21 PM
    Cutting out the middle man: Bush Admin to be newest show on Fox News Channel YourOwnPersonalDemocrat Off-Topic 5 04-26-2006 07:05 PM
    Bush flat out lies in speech on Iraq FeelTheLove Off-Topic 50 12-10-2005 07:51 AM
    An OUTRAGE: Achmed Chalabi, Bush/Cheny Mob's WMD man, to visit US FeelTheLove Off-Topic 20 11-18-2005 05:00 PM
    The New Pravada: Fox News FeelTheLove Off-Topic 57 01-24-2005 10:05 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome