Multi-Level Marketing - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 07:20 AM
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
babe I alway market myself on multi-level's , A hottie or if you like ugly I can pull a face , you what a bit of smooth or ruff , tall no problem , short ? that why my legs bend at the knee's , have I had any success ...will not yet but I brought the cake incase multi-levels of course

Last edited by Von Vorschlag; 09-29-2007 at 03:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 07:21 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
From Amway to Scientology, it works.

B
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 12:09 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1979 300SD, 1983 300D Mercedes
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 79-300SD
Pyramid scheme.......only a legal one. THe only people getting over are the ones who got in early. And I avoid financing these sort of businesses out of principle.

----------------------------------------

Speed is a question of money. How fast do you want to go?

Proud Owner of a

1979 W116 300SD

1983 W123 300D

Come join us at http://schumanautomotive.com/forums
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 03:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2006
MLM is all about selling the dream of financial independence. The product does not matter.

It requires that your personal and work lives become one and the same if you are to be successful.

You must be willing to set aside the concepts of friends and family versus business prospects. You must accept that no one will ever know if your motives are financial or personal at any time.

Be prepared to ditch anyone in your life who is not part of the program.

Be prepared for strangers in your home. Strangers at your kid's birthday party. People you would never choose as friends are now your friends. Every moment in your personal life orchestrated toward the business.

Accept the reality that there is no free lunch. If you think you are going to work really hard for a few years and create a business that will allow you to lie on the beach...you are an idiot.

The business you build will require your full-time attention FOREVER. The day you neglect to maintain it, it will start to die.

Before you commit your life to such an endeavor, make sure you know EXACTLY where the money really comes from. Often you will find that the guys who make the big bucks get half or more of their income from the sale of "motivational materials" that everyone in their pyramid is forced to buy. Tapes, books, speaking fees, etc.

If you are unwilling to accept the above reality, you will never reach the goals most people have in mind. If you think you want to just "do it on the side"...get a part time job. You will make more money, have more time, and keep your friends.

MLM businesses are a real opportunity to make a good living if you are willing to do what it takes.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 04:40 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007
MLM is all about selling the dream of financial independence. The product does not matter.

It requires that your personal and work lives become one and the same if you are to be successful.

You must be willing to set aside the concepts of friends and family versus business prospects. You must accept that no one will ever know if your motives are financial or personal at any time.

Be prepared to ditch anyone in your life who is not part of the program.

Be prepared for strangers in your home. Strangers at your kid's birthday party. People you would never choose as friends are now your friends. Every moment in your personal life orchestrated toward the business.

Accept the reality that there is no free lunch. If you think you are going to work really hard for a few years and create a business that will allow you to lie on the beach...you are an idiot.

The business you build will require your full-time attention FOREVER. The day you neglect to maintain it, it will start to die.

Before you commit your life to such an endeavor, make sure you know EXACTLY where the money really comes from. Often you will find that the guys who make the big bucks get half or more of their income from the sale of "motivational materials" that everyone in their pyramid is forced to buy. Tapes, books, speaking fees, etc.

If you are unwilling to accept the above reality, you will never reach the goals most people have in mind. If you think you want to just "do it on the side"...get a part time job. You will make more money, have more time, and keep your friends.

MLM businesses are a real opportunity to make a good living if you are willing to do what it takes.

Perfect.

It's been said that only two people ever got rich working for Amway - Rich De Voss and Jay Van Andel (the founders).

You must also realize that, on par, the percentage of sales that those involved in MLM's receive would make them the cheapest salespeople on the face of the planet. If you're going to spend all of that time pitching products, learning sales techniques, etc., you may as well get paid for it like a normal salesperson. Arbonne for example, pays (at the highest tier) 4% of sales as commission - that's what you get for direct sales. 2% off your first level below that, and 1% off of your second (lowest) level. This means that Arbonne gets free salespeople, who typically buy at least $500 to $2,00 of product to start, and then pay the entire sales force no more than 7% in commissions. Most salespeople make well into the double-digits, including receipt of a small salary and car allowances. Expenses are typically reimbursed - Arbonners have to write them off (amounting to a 28% or so discount, which is shocking to those who don't understand the tax code that believe expenses are repaid in full as part of your refund).

We have neighbors in Arbonne...they just now got their white Mercedes after over a year of involvement. It took them calling everyone they've ever known from childhood through college, including making month-long trips back to their native Canada, and signing up close to 80 people in a dozen different states & provinces to get there. If you have that many friends who are 1) gullible simpletons with 2) thousands in extra cash, who 3) have no ability to maintain a career without some "home based business", then by all means jump right in.

Common sense should prevail here - if the product is so great, why don't they just go to market like everyone else? If MLM's are so great, why don't people like Citibank, L'oreal, etc. use them instead of their more traditional methods?

One person who decided to jump off the Arbonne cliff wrote about their experiences in a blog. Interesting reading.

My inability to participate in MLM's is governed by a few factors. First, most of the people I call friends aren't idiots - you have to be one to get into MLM's. Second, I can't see working at an MLM for 20+ years - it'd take that to retire early. Seriously. Selling ANYTHING for 20+ years isn't a career, it's indentured servitude. Finally, I never assume that people are stupid enough to buy whatever shit I'm selling if I don't personally think it's worth the money. If I could somehow get over the moral issues I have with selling people crummy products, I could probably become quite wealthy.

Last edited by Qubes; 07-24-2006 at 04:47 PM.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 04:42 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Dec 2005
Run - do not walk away from these schemes.

Joining a pyramid is risky because the vast majority of participants lose money to pay for the rewards of a lucky few. Most people end up with nothing to show for their money except the expensive products or marketing materials they're pressured to buy.

http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...opics/mlm.html

My neighbor layed the "Market America" mlm scam on me and wanted to recruit me. I told him he was stupid and don't talk to me anymore. IDIOT!
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: C230
(Thread Starter)
Thanks guys

I needed opinions from different persepectives and you all have given me pros and cons of this type of business.

You guys are awesome ...kisses all around
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: C230
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Vorschlag
babe I alway market myself on multi-level's , A hottie or if you like ugly I can pull a face , you what a bit of smooth or ruff , tall no problem , short ? that why my legs bend at the knee's , have I had any success ...will not yet but I brought the cake incase multi-levels of course
you silly
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 07:48 PM
GMISBEST.

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by benz_vi_pn_babe
Thanks guys

I needed opinions from different persepectives and you all have given me pros and cons of this type of business.

You guys are awesome ...kisses all around
What were you going to get yourself into? I mean which company or inssurance service you were asked to sell for?
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 07:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2005
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
Perfect.

It's been said that only two people ever got rich working for Amway - Rich De Voss and Jay Van Andel (the founders).
Would it be an honor that they own just about the whole downtown area near where I live? And the fact that they live here? And it's spelled DeVos, AFAIK.

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 (sold)
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in