post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 07:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Talk about game! Cheney shoots a fund-raising, lawyer-lobbiest. A perfect storm.

I'd guess that Cheney will be dropped from the suit while he's in office. IIRC there is some sort of constitutional protection for him. I think the other guys are fair game.

If those guys did collude to ruin her career I hope they get the book thrown at them. I don't think anybody wants for non-political gov employees (as opposed to appointees) to have their official duties come under direct political influence. That's the whole point of civil service--to protect employees from political vendettas.

What was the whistleblower's name that busted Clinton? (not that whistle, the otehr one). She worked at DoD and got demoted, etc. She brought suit against the gov and won a significant judgement and her job back. I think she donated the judgement to charity. Anybody know what happened to her?

B
Cheney dropped from the suit? Constitutional protection while he is in office? Did you like miss the entire 1990s? Does the name "Paula Jones" ring a bell? Well, let me tell you what happened there: no one is above the law. Mr. Cheney gets to get his ass sued like everyone else. Just ask Bill Clinton. HA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 07:10 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
What goes around...
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 07:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
That's the one! Remember how villified in the press she was? In court she proved that appointees had intentionally harrassed her by abusing the privileges of their offices.

Pattern? Democrats go after women by insulting their physical appearance. I'm thinking of the make-up goddess of Florida, the whistleblower, and everybody's current favorite, Ann Coulter. I guess Repos have their moments, look how they characterize Sen. Rodham-Clinton, that's pretty awful, too. Then there's whatsername, the AG who sent a kid back to the commies. People still talk about her unappealing physiognomy, as if roasting children in a barn and sending a shipwrecked survivor, whose mother died for the kid's freedom, back to Castro's loving attention, isn't bad enough.

B
I believe the real issue there was whether a father got to get his son back after his mother was killed. Right wing fuck heads thought that the boy's political welfare outweighed whether he got to have a Dad or not. As far as "roasting kids in a barn", could you elaborate on your love for Mr. Koresh, Mr. McVeigh?
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 07:27 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
That's the one! Remember how villified in the press she was? In court she proved that appointees had intentionally harrassed her by abusing the privileges of their offices.

Pattern? Democrats go after women by insulting their physical appearance. I'm thinking of the make-up goddess of Florida, the whistleblower, and everybody's current favorite, Ann Coulter. I guess Repos have their moments, look how they characterize Sen. Rodham-Clinton, that's pretty awful, too. Then there's whatsername, the AG who sent a kid back to the commies. People still talk about her unappealing physiognomy, as if roasting children in a barn and sending a shipwrecked survivor, whose mother died for the kid's freedom, back to Castro's loving attention, isn't bad enough.

B
I'm sorry, but women should be held accountable for their physical appearance. As such, Ms. Tripp deserved the aghast chamber...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Cheney dropped from the suit? Constitutional protection while he is in office? Did you like miss the entire 1990s? Does the name "Paula Jones" ring a bell? Well, let me tell you what happened there: no one is above the law. Mr. Cheney gets to get his ass sued like everyone else. Just ask Bill Clinton. HA!

you sure bill didn't actually get sued right after his presidency?

in political asylum
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 08:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Man, how soon we forget our history. Here is the sequence of events in the setting up of Bill Clinton:

Paula Jones files suit, claiming Clinton had shown her his cock during a private moment they were sharing

Clinton claims he is immune from being sued while in office. Supreme Court says Bill is just like everybody else when it comes to being sued for waving your cock around.

Bill is forced to testify. He has no right to avoid it anymore than any of us do. This is where the trap is sprung: Bill is suddenly questioned not on Paula, but on whether or not he was playing "hide the Presidential salami" with Monica Lewinsky. Clinton says no. Turns out some of his jizz was on her dress, so Bill now gets impeached for perjury.

In the end it works out nicely. The fucking fascist cunts who are now running this country now get to eat their own shit caused by their own precedent setting in the Paula Jones case. Cheney is now going to be unable to avoid testifying, and there is no reason to believe that Top Cunt himself could't end up on the witness stand, where payback, as every soldier knows, may be a motherfucker. They have two choices: pay them off so they drop the suit, or testify. Clinton ended up paying off Paula. What do you want to bet Joe Wilson doesn't want the money?

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 07-13-2006 at 08:30 PM.
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 08:41 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Feb 2005
Vehicle: 1984 300SD 1986 300SDL 1989 300SE 1998 740iL
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
They have two choices: pay them off so they drop the suit, or testify. Clinton ended up paying off Paula. What do you want to bet Joe Wilson doesn't want the money?
There is actually a third choice, and one which I'm surprised that you hadn't figured for these douchebags.

If Valerie Plame was to have an accident of some type.........maybe drove into a tree around Washington...............then the lawsuit becomes moot.

Brian Carlton
1984 300 SD
1986 300 SDL
1987 300 SDL
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 09:06 PM
Cruise Control

Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Let the frog-marching begin in earnest

But does our hero Lt. Watada get to call upon VP "Buckshot" during his "trial of terror on war-ism" case against the illegal attack, invasion and occupation of the formerly sovereign nation of Iraq?
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 06:08 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
I'm sorry, but women should be held accountable for their physical appearance. As such, Ms. Tripp deserved the aghast chamber...
Now that's funny! Cruel, but, ....
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 06:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
You maybe right about that. I forgot about the Jones precedent. I'll bet a lawyer will have a spin on that which will argue that the circumstances are totally different. Also, the makeup of the SC has changed.

They probably started preliminary work when Fitzgerald started his investigation. Bet the response time will be just long enough to stretch the thing short of obvious delaying. I'm betting Cheney plays for time to run out the clock.

B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in