A rare victory against Bush-Cheney Friendly Fascism - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 10:40 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guage
I have read alot of posts saying " President Bush is taking away our freedom". Here's what I'm looking for-
Specific examples of your life being physically, negatively impacted by policies implemented by President Bush. Not "the idea" of your freedom being inhibited. I want specific examples. Not the "feeling" that your freedom is being taken away. Specific examples.
I'm willing to go first; other than longer lines at the airport security , President Bush has NOT inhibited MY freedom one iota. I am JUST AS FREE and SAFER than when "the previous administration"
At this point, it is every bit as much "feeling" as your feeling that some unknown force is taking your country away. I know that I or any member of my family can now be detained indefinitely without committing a crime or being charged with committing a crime. This hasn't actually occurred to me or a family member but it has happened, and I find it very disturbing. I also know that the current administration is spying on Americans without bothering to obtain legal warrants, so I really have no idea if I or family members are being spied upon by those sworn to protect me, but it has happened, and I find it very disturbing. Can you provide specific examples of some part of our country that's been taken away from you by brown-skinned people from the ME, or were you referring to something else altogether??

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 10:45 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
At this point, it is every bit as much "feeling" as your feeling that some unknown force is taking your country away. I know that I or any member of my family can now be detained indefinitely without committing a crime or being charged with committing a crime. This hasn't actually occurred to me or a family member but it has happened, and I find it very disturbing. I also know that the current administration is spying on Americans without bothering to obtain legal warrants, so I really have no idea if I or family members are being spied upon by those sworn to protect me, but it has happened, and I find it very disturbing. Can you provide specific examples of some part of our country that's been taken away from you by brown-skinned people from the ME, or were you referring to something else altogether??
I can think of a couple thousand, that these people have taken away.
post #43 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 10:48 PM
guage

Quote:
The question was asked, how did it affect you directly.
The answer is my rights were never bothered. My way of life has not changed. You can make it sound as complicated where it sounds like we're losing our rights, but in reality we're not.
Actually, I am feeling a lot safer that Bush is in Office, a lot safer than the previous administration.
post #44 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
I know that I or any member of my family can now be detained indefinitely without committing a crime or being charged with committing a crime....

...I really have no idea if I or family members are being spied upon by those sworn to protect me, but it has happened, and I find it very disturbing.
I'm really tempted to make an analogy here - like the people worried about being detained or spied upon are akin to fat & ugly women being stringently opposed to abortion. Neither one has any chance of being found in the situation to which they are so fundamentally opposed. They really think that the government has the time to just arrest people willy-nilly or spy on people with absolutely no meaningful connection to terrorism (or they think they stand a chance of getting laid).

I'm further tempted to drop a link to a smart-ass image of some sort, such as this:

...but I won't. Too easy, even at this late hour.
post #45 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 11:05 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
I can think of a couple thousand, that these people have taken away.
Who? The Americans that allowed known terrorists to enter our country or the Americans who trained known terrorists to fly airplanes? This was a single attack by extremists who couldn't have possibly pulled it off without our help. I'm not trying to cast blame on anyone in particular. I am suggesting that the proper response would have been to go full bear after the perps, and to stop inviting terrorists into our country and training them. No Patriot Act, no Iraq invasion, no fear mongering, no pretending that this was something more significant than a tragic but isolated incident that could have been prevented by the simple application of a little common sense. But then you said America, not Americans. That means real estate, doesn't it?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #46 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 11:07 PM
guage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Fuck you
Obviously my dead on accurate and painfully true reply angered you and now you're trying to deflect it.
post #47 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 11:07 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
I'm really tempted to make an analogy here - like the people worried about being detained or spied upon are akin to fat & ugly women being stringently opposed to abortion. Neither one has any chance of being found in the situation to which they are so fundamentally opposed. They really think that the government has the time to just arrest people willy-nilly or spy on people with absolutely no meaningful connection to terrorism (or they think they stand a chance of getting laid).

I'm further tempted to drop a link to a smart-ass image of some sort, such as this:

...but I won't. Too easy, even at this late hour.
“Stop throwing the Constitution in my face. It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!”

Yeah, you're right -- fuck the Constitution...

post #48 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 11:09 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
“Stop throwing the Constitution in my face. It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!”

Yeah, you're right -- fuck the Constitution...
What is that from? I'm sorry to be dense...I've read it a couple of times, but I'm not sure who the quote is supposed to be from (if anyone)?
post #49 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 11:09 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
Actually, I am feeling a lot safer that Bush is in Office, a lot safer than the previous administration.
Even after he nominated his cleaning lady to the SC?

post #50 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 11:09 PM
guage

Quote:
Who? The Americans that allowed known terrorists to enter our country or the Americans who trained known terrorists to fly airplanes? This was a single attack by extremists who couldn't have possibly pulled it off without our help. I'm not trying to cast blame on anyone in particular. I am suggesting that the proper response would have been to go full bear after the perps, and to stop inviting terrorists into our country and training them. No Patriot Act, no Iraq invasion, no fear mongering, no pretending that this was something more significant than a tragic but isolated incident that could have been prevented by the simple application of a little common sense. But then you said America, not Americans. That means real estate, doesn't it?
What Admin, let them in?
I also said, Not feelings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in