Report: Hundreds of WMDs Found in Iraq - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 09:13 AM
guage
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Thumbs down Fact Check Kv

Do you have any evidence to support your claims of 100,000 deaths?

Take your ball and run back home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 09:18 AM
guage
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone
You apparently like to write exercises in futility that say precisely nothing. I am a German with an IQ exceeding a rock, how can I not know? My post re. chemical weapons and Saddams U.S. support was stating a fact, like announcing the sky is blue. I do not agree with the premise for the war, but do not oppose it after the fact. I am however critical of the way it is (not) being fought as well as the meddling of politicians of any stripe, grand standing or not. When people whithout any military background do not even involve the experts for the region and wage war, this is the mess you wind up with. The sad part is U.S. soldiers paying with their lives for incompetent leadership.
Then don't read or respond to them, if you feel that way of my posts.
Do we set time lines when wagging war as to how long we fight in it?
Is there a number the body count reaches when a war is lost?

Last edited by guage; 06-22-2006 at 09:24 AM.
post #13 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 09:57 AM
CH4S Artist
 
Teutone's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Location: Los Angeles / Hannover Germany
Posts: 33,570
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by guage
Do we set time lines when wagging war as to how long we fight in it?
Is there a number the body count reaches when a war is lost?
IMO, If possible the U.S. could: Forget about trying to impose a U.S. style Democracy. Increase Intelligence capability and troop strenght. Hire as many ex secret police guys and the biggest bastards you can find. Maybe use the one person who knows how to straighten out Iraq as a consultant , Saddam himself. Kick out all media. Remove control over this war from the politicians, and put it into the hands of the best military commanders you can find without regard to partisanship. Finally enable your guys to figh without having one hand tied behind their backs and to win this thing once and for all. ....Crazy, perhaps, pragmatic, definitely, but unlikely to ever happen though.

Last edited by Teutone; 06-22-2006 at 09:59 AM.
Teutone is offline  
post #14 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 10:11 AM
guage
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone
IMO, If possible the U.S. could: Forget about trying to impose a U.S. style Democracy. Increase Intelligence capability and troop strenght. Hire as many ex secret police guys and the biggest bastards you can find. Maybe use the one person who knows how to straighten out Iraq as a consultant , Saddam himself. Kick out all media. Remove control over this war from the politicians, and put it into the hands of the best military commanders you have, without regard to partisanship. Finally enable your guys to fight without one hand tied behind their backs and to win this thing once and for all. .... Crazy, perhaps, pragmatic, definitely, unlikely to ever happen though.
I'm 100% with this post, less the Saddam.
We are trying to wage a kinder gentler war.

Thus the fire bombs and atomic bomb stuff.

Now, the insurgents are doing just the opposite they know we have weak stomachs.
post #15 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 10:12 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 1993 300SEL (Sold) 2001 530i
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 7,217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
What part of "This does not reflect a capacity that was built up after 1991," the official said, adding the munitions "are not the WMDs this country and the rest of the world believed Iraq had, and not the WMDs for which this country went to war." do you guys not understand?

These are old stockpiles left over from the first Gulf War. Sarin degrades into water after three years, tops. You guys are just grasping at straws to justify lies and incompetance that led to the mass murder of 100,000 or more civilians by the butchers you support.
I will be honest that I skim read the article and for that reason I added to the point that these could be old disused weapons and I woundered if there would be any evidence of a nuclear program that would come to light. To me the supposed exsistence of that nuclear program; one of the major WMD programs that was the reason given for teh invasion which so far has turned out to be untrue and mostlikely is. However I will say this that it has been said many times that there were NO WMD in Iraq by a number of anti war opponents. Even if sarin does turn into water after three years the fact that the weapons were not destroyed gives little comfort to me, as things should be seen to be done.
NZ Benz is offline  
post #16 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 10:17 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 1993 300SEL (Sold) 2001 530i
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 7,217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guage
I'm 100% with this post, less the Saddam.
We are trying to wage a kinder gentler war.

Thus the fire bombs and atomic bomb stuff.

Now, the insurgents are doing just the opposite they know we have weak stomachs.
I don't think the American public has ever liked a war that was long drawn out and they can see no tangable results. (ie in this case American forces seem to be engaged with an enemy that is everywhere and do not capture and hold objectives like a traditional war).
NZ Benz is offline  
post #17 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 10:59 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ Benz
I don't think the American public has ever liked a war that was long drawn out and they can see no tangable results. (ie in this case American forces seem to be engaged with an enemy that is everywhere and do not capture and hold objectives like a traditional war).
I think this is the way most, if not all, wars in the future will be waged. Iraq is the best military training-ground we could possibly have--too bad it is for real and people are dying. I believe our military is gaining immeasurably from this experience in terms of tactics that will be used in the future--both immediate and distant.

As far as WMD, I think almost all rational people know they had them. There really is no honest way to deny that. It is only the rabid Bush Bashing Bunch that try to make the lame argument that there was none. It's kind of silly, really.

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #18 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 11:16 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
I think this is the way most, if not all, wars in the future will be waged. Iraq is the best military training-ground we could possibly have--too bad it is for real and people are dying. I believe our military is gaining immeasurably from this experience in terms of tactics that will be used in the future--both immediate and distant.

As far as WMD, I think almost all rational people know they had them. There really is no honest way to deny that. It is only the rabid Bush Bashing Bunch that try to make the lame argument that there was none. It's kind of silly, really.
You are so full of shit. If there was anyway in the whole world to give credence any of this crap, Bush would be spinning it like Texas tornado. They know all they have is baloney, so they leave it to the Right Wing Echo Machine to play the moron violins. Right now, they're playing your favorite song.
FeelTheLove is offline  
post #19 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 11:24 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
MBZER's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 560/sel/sec/Jag XJS
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,930
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
You are so full of shit. If there was anyway in the whole world to give credence any of this crap, Bush would be spinning it like Texas tornado. They know all they have is baloney, so they leave it to the Right Wing Echo Machine to play the moron violins. Right now, they're playing your favorite song.

Even bu$h ain't claimming WMD's in Iraq.
INSURGENTS = Ordinary Iraqis fighting for there homeland.

The USA likes to push propaganda so every NEO-KKKon-RepuliKKKan-KKKhristian will have TALKING POINTS.



MBZER is offline  
post #20 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 12:11 PM
BenzWorld Extremist
 
Prana25's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 04 SL55 AMG
Location: Sacramento, CA - US
Posts: 927
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My $0.02

Of course there were WMDs. What was lacking was a formidable method of deployment. Furthermore, there was no way to deploy the amount of chemicals needed for a substantial attack based on the degradation rate of the pre-gulf war stockpile.

Really - how many people understand what that means? People want a story that can be wrapped up within 30 seconds. They don't want to make an effort to understand different deployment methods there are for chemical weapons. They certainly don't have the patience to learn about how VX gas will degrade at __% per year at a storage temp of ___ degrees, etc.

Remember - news had to be fed to people like any other prime time sitcom. If it's not 23 minutes plus commercials, people want nothing to do with it.

Were there WMDs? Nothing that was considered a threat to anyone but the Kurds. I'm not downplaying the Kurdish people - but calling them Iraqi is like calling Palestinians Israeli. Nobody can convince me that we're at war to save the Kurds. If that was the case, we wouldn't have allowed them to be slaughtered at the end of the Gulf War.

Everyone likes to throw things into black and white. None of the situation is that easily understood. Do I believe that we should have gone in? No. Do I think we should pull out overnight? No. By conducting an immediate withdrawal, hundreds of thousands of people will be killed in retribution. It will repeat the Gulf War problems.

On another note, I think it's hilarious that people are whining about the insurgent’s tactics. Let's look at the situation.... you have an army that's greatly outnumbered and lacking training, strategic capability, and major logistical support. How to you fight anyone that dominates you in every way? You use camouflage - you blend into the environment and adapt to overcome your enemy.

So, while people are whining about their tactics, they should remember that it was those same tactics that won the Revolutionary War.

It's a complicated situation people. From experience, too many innocent people have died. No, we should have never gone in like we did. Now that we've created this quagmire, we must find a good way to pull out. Washington DC has screwed this entire operation up. We need to get someone with proper experience to get us out with minimal damage to all concerned.

(Oh yah, just for the records - I'm sick of people complaining about the prisoners. It's called interrogation! If anyone wants to go take over, feel free. Once you find out that "Pretty please can we have the information?" doesn't work, you'll go home and let the soldiers do their job. And no, I won't give a lesson on cultural based interrogation tactics)

Take care everyone. Be nice to each other.
Prana25 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome