Bush creates new marine sanctuary - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 02:19 AM
worst mod in BW history
 
ThrillKill's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Location: Chicago
Posts: 27,762
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar


Does this pic remind anyone else of the Bush/Kerry debates?
No, but this does:


ThrillKill is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 06:48 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Gregs300CD's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 1982 300CD
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 5,044
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
He has never protected nature for nature's sake. There has to be more to this story. There must have been money coming in from the tourism lobby or something. Maybe they found a natural resource that they will allow Haliburton to exploit. I don't know what it is, but Bush has NEVER, and I mean NEVER protected nature for nature's sake.

Business is involved somewhere, somehow.
Why does it take billions of dollars to "protect" wildlife? Just let it go wild. That's the meaning of the phrase, isn't it?
Gregs300CD is offline  
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 07:10 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregs300CD
He has never protected nature for nature's sake. There has to be more to this story. There must have been money coming in from the tourism lobby or something. Maybe they found a natural resource that they will allow Haliburton to exploit. I don't know what it is, but Bush has NEVER, and I mean NEVER protected nature for nature's sake.

Business is involved somewhere, somehow.
Why does it take billions of dollars to "protect" wildlife? Just let it go wild. That's the meaning of the phrase, isn't it?
It's a gift horse, SHOOT IT!
Botnst is offline  
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 07:29 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Gregs300CD's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 1982 300CD
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 5,044
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Not at all. Though, I believe it will become apparent in a few years why this was done. If money isn't involved, Bush just can't see it, and won't acknowledge it. That leopard will not change his spots.
Gregs300CD is offline  
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
He is an environmentalist, after all! This is the president in his college days.
Attached Images
 

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 09:20 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Gregs300CD's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 1982 300CD
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 5,044
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Judging by the Kyoto protocol noncompliance, the fouling of Alaskan wilderness, deforestation of the Pacific North West, etc, etc, I wouldn't exactly call him an environmentalist so much as a whore for big business.
Gregs300CD is offline  
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregs300CD
Judging by the Kyoto protocol noncompliance, the fouling of Alaskan wilderness, deforestation of the Pacific North West, etc, etc, I wouldn't exactly call him an environmentalist so much as a whore for big business.
He may be a quack whore and your pastor may be a whore, but he is certainly not a corporate whore. It's just not his style:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Whore quack.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	88683  
Attached Images
   

Don't believe everything you think

Last edited by Jayhawk; 06-16-2006 at 01:19 PM.
Jayhawk is offline  
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 01:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Gregs300CD's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 1982 300CD
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 5,044
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I don't have a pastor. I'm no fool. I don't need to base my morality on some ancient fiction passed off as fact. That in itself is immoral. I was just playing that card for your benefit.

Not a corporate whore? Facts are facts.
Gregs300CD is offline  
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregs300CD
I don't have a pastor. I'm no fool. I don't need to base my morality on some ancient fiction passed off as fact. That in itself is immoral. I was just playing that card for your benefit.

Not a corporate whore? Facts are facts.
Well, that really is special...

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome