Iraq to invade Baghdad - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 03:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Gregs300CD's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 1982 300CD
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 5,044
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
You're confusing economic strategy with government elections?

Sometimes you need to tweek the system for the greater good.
Gregs300CD is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 03:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregs300CD
No, actually democracy is a system of government that even we don't have.
Picky, picky, picky...

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #43 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 06:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,495
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregs300CD
How about this...

If we really wanted to do the Iraqi people the biggest favor ever done to a populous, we would socialize their one main source of income. Instead of concentrating the wealth in the hands of the few elite, we should make sure that everyone shares in the oil profits. That place would be a shangri-la. People would be begging to get in. Cubans would be sailing East instead of North.

Who would work the oil fields? Mandatory servitude. Just like it is manditory for youngsters to serve in the German army. Put in your time, and collect for the rest of your life. Early retirement. Time to take up a hobby. Create art. See how good life can be.
That was the promise of PEMEX. They have had since 1938 to create the paradise you describe. Last time I checked, the only people begging to get in to Mexico were the ones passing through on their way to the US.
DaveN007 is offline  
post #44 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 06:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,495
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveByPoster
You're full of shit. Go ahead, post something to prove there was organized nazi resistance after VE Day. I dare you.

So the "Soviets" you are talking about are US citizens like your college professor, right? You're just a rightwing label-boy, full of shit. Someone with a brain would consider a "Soviet" to be a citizen of the "Soviet Union". You nuts called anyone to the left of Nancy Reagan a 'Soviet'. Slanderous bastards.
Facts can't possibly persuade you. But I post this in response to your challenge. A thoughtful person would need to follow-up with the noted works at the bottom to gain a real understanding.

http://www.carnwyffa.u-net.com/chapter11/werewolf.html

The college professor who came to MY HIGHSCHOOL (try following a thought from beginning to end) CALLED HIMSELF a Soviet marxist-leninist, as did many who supported unilateral disarmament and the nuclear freeze movement in the US in the late 1970's.

You still have not made a single intelligent point.

I will assume that this is because you are 14 and will cut you some slack.
DaveN007 is offline  
post #45 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 06:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,495
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregs300CD
You're confusing economic strategy with government elections?

Sometimes you need to tweek the system for the greater good.
There is no question that government has a role to play, and that unbridled capitalism is not the answer. Unforunately, the history of nationalizing industry seems to show that power and money simply move from private to public oligarchs.

The people who are the intended beneficiaries rarely are the ones who benefit.

The UK had a run at this, also.

Balancing the public good with private property rights is an ongoing challenge in any economy.
DaveN007 is offline  
post #46 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 06:35 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
InTTruder's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: 2000 Audi TTQC; 2005 C230 SS-K
Location: Evans, GA
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzsmbs
about time someone did something about that mess.
You obviously don't understand the nature of warfare, guerrilla warfare, or warriors. Go back to DU.

"Never Shall I Fail My Comrades"

2005 C230 SS-K
Iridium Silver
'She loves it!'
InTTruder is offline  
post #47 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 06:41 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,495
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillKill
Here he is mentoring our present leader.

...and you are puzzled why your worldview is losing support after some 8000 insightful posts such as this?

I think another 10,000 posts and $100 million from George Soros will do the trick.

Keep up the fight, baby.

(Yes...it IS funny...GW...the chimp...being bottle-fed by Reagan...LOL)
DaveN007 is offline  
post #48 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 06:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregs300CD
How about this...

If we really wanted to do the Iraqi people the biggest favor ever done to a populous, we would socialize their one main source of income. Instead of concentrating the wealth in the hands of the few elite, we should make sure that everyone shares in the oil profits. That place would be a shangri-la. People would be begging to get in. Cubans would be sailing East instead of North.

Who would work the oil fields? Mandatory servitude. Just like it is manditory for youngsters to serve in the German army. Put in your time, and collect for the rest of your life. Early retirement. Time to take up a hobby. Create art. See how good life can be.
many thousands of citizens work in TX and LA oil fields. Also in AK, CA, MI, IL, PA, AL, MS, WY and OK. I worked in the oil business for about 12 years. A man or woman willing to work can make a good income, especially if willing to work offshore.

Your combination of condescension and ignorance places you with a category of people who probably share your disdain for labor and love of brie, wine, and beluga.
Botnst is offline  
post #49 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 07:10 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007
...and you are puzzled why your worldview is losing support after some 8000 insightful posts such as this?

I think another 10,000 posts and $100 million from George Soros will do the trick.

Keep up the fight, baby.

(Yes...it IS funny...GW...the chimp...being bottle-fed by Reagan...LOL)
Ok I give -- what is his world view?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #50 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
 
DriveByPoster's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: Anarchy
Location: Haditha
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007
That is what Stalin said about our efforts to restore order in post-WWII Germany.

"Were-wolf" brigades of Nazi loyalists were killing German "collaborators" who worked with American officials for years. Thousands died.

Iraq will be just fine.

I remember vivdly the Soviet communist sympathizers that demanded unilateral disarmament in the US. They came to my high school and told us how much better off the Soviet Union was. How they donated sleeping bags to the homeless in NYC.
.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007
Facts can't possibly persuade you. But I post this in response to your challenge. A thoughtful person would need to follow-up with the noted works at the bottom to gain a real understanding.

http://www.carnwyffa.u-net.com/chapter11/werewolf.html

The college professor who came to MY HIGHSCHOOL (try following a thought from beginning to end) CALLED HIMSELF a Soviet marxist-leninist, as did many who supported unilateral disarmament and the nuclear freeze movement in the US in the late 1970's.

You still have not made a single intelligent point.

I will assume that this is because you are 14 and will cut you some slack.
Your a total dipshit, man - you don't even read the crap you post to see if it refutes your own argument. This is from your own link:

"These illusions came to an embarrasing end in late April, when three German soldiers crossed the Elbe near Magdeburg and surrendered to the Allies, one of which was Leiutenant-General Kurt Dittmar. When asked about the Alpine Redoubt at his debriefing, Dittmar laughed and called it "...a romantic dream. It's a myth". Although initially sceptical, SHAEF soon came to accept the truth of his words. Meanwhile, Stalin steamrollered his way towards Berlin.

The Werewolves were largely unsuccesful due to the lack of the central command structure that the Allies and Propagandists attributed to them erroneously. Bormann and Goebbels talked as if they in some way controlled Werewolf's activities; the fact of the matter was, however, that only Prutzmann excercised any kind of central control over the organisation, and the resources he had at his dispoal were insufficient to establish the kind of support network the organisation needed. When Schloss Hulchrath was overran in April, 1945, Prutzmann moved to Mecklenberg, and Werewolf effectively ceased to exist as an organisation. Facing capture and execution at the hands of the advancing Allies, Prutzmann was then to commit suicide in May, 1945."

Since the Germans surrendered in May of 45, how is it that the Werewolfs were able to inflicte thousands of casualities while the Americans occupied post war Germany, as you asserted in your earlier post? According to what you just posted, they disintegrated as an organization at the same time the rest of Nazi Germany did. Your earlier post claims we fought a protracted guerilla war with them, which we supposedly won. Your whole argument has less substance as air - you have still given us zero facts, to support this fantasy, and instead give us some weird shit off a gaming website that refutes your own argument. I'll give you a fact - a fact I know because I bothered to actually educate myself by reading a few real history books instead of listening to some talk show moron fill my head with lies. Here it is: there was no post war resistance in either Germany or Japan, for one basic reason: the people in those countries would not support them. You want to see what the local populaci were doing when their fascist rulers fell into their hands?



In order for a successful guerilla war to take place, the guerillas must have the support of the people, who supply them and hide them, as is the current case in Iraq.

The whole point of this rightwing lie is to give Americans the impression that the criminal occupation of Iraq, which is more like Hilter's occupation of Poland than it will ever be of Post-war Germany, is some how just a normal phase. It's a total lie spread by rightwing talk show hosts, and drooling idiots such as yourself swallow it hook line and sinker. There is NO moral equivalence between the brutal occupation of Iraq and the occupation of Europe after 1945, and there damn sure isn't any historical equivelance either. If you're looking for them, try "Poland 1938".

And don't give me that "follow up to gain real understanding". What a bunch of bullshit. If you can't make your argument, spare us the fucking mysteries. Here is an actual article from a real website, showing another Bush stooge pushing this pack of lies:

http://www.slate.com/id/2087768/

As to your second claim, you claimed the schools were being overrun by Soviets peddling blankets to the poor. Now, we get some fucking teacher you have, which you now assure us called himself a "Soviet Marxist-Leninist". I'm sure he did. I bet he was a one-man Soviet fucking revolution.

For anyone who wants to read the actual truth:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werwolf

Last edited by DriveByPoster; 06-15-2006 at 09:49 PM.
DriveByPoster is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome