New WH Press Secretary Already Exposed Giving America A Snow Job - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 06:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo!
Some folks just thrive on gossip and rumor. Throw in a little speculation and conspiracy theory and you have quite a hobby. The original poster said much and proved nothing, except maybe some racist tendencies of his/her own. I suppose mixing in fact and proof is asking too much?
We learn around here that when criticizing Bush, no swinish, bigoted, perverse, baseless innuendo is contemptible. In fact, if one says something favorable about Bush, one is soon branded a Nazi.

B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 06:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
We learn around here that when criticizing Bush, no swinish, bigoted, perverse, baseless innuendo is contemptible. In fact, if one says something favorable about Bush, one is soon branded a Nazi.

B
Wait, I thought we were called a Nazi when we said something bad about Bushboy. Damn, I gotta read the playbook again.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 06:35 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Jul 2005
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Some folks just thrive on gossip and rumor. Throw in a little speculation and conspiracy theory and you have quite a hobby. The original poster said much and proved nothing, except maybe some racist tendencies of his/her own. I suppose mixing in fact and proof is asking too much?
Amen brother.

BTW, how are them Gators going to do this year (football)?
post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 06:58 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2006 C230
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67_250SE
Amen brother.

BTW, how are them Gators going to do this year (football)?
They had an excellent spring practice. The defensive front should be top ten and the 'backers aren't too shabby either. Leak looked very, very good at QB. Better than he has thus far. Still, lots of question marks offensively with a talented, but untested line. They have a brutal road schedule this year, but I think they have a legit shot at a BCS bowl. I see So. Cal. in your profile...USC fan?
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
You have to read between the lines. Whenever a black person, or a hispanic, or any other minority gets an important job, the rumors start flying: she is doing the boss, or he is kissing ass or they got it through affirmative action.
Go ahead an read between the lines. It is your priviledge as an American to do whatever you would like. From my perspective, Condoleeza Rice is completely inexperienced in the world of diplomacy and things international in general. As evidence of my opinion of her lack of diplomatic skills, I note her recent, near immediate quip on the subject of the letter from the leader of Iran to Bush, disclaiming it:

"TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice dismissed a letter that Iran's president sent to President Bush on Monday, saying the first direct communication from an Iranian leader in 27 years does not help resolve the standoff over Tehran's disputed nuclear program.

Iran's top nuclear negotiator called the surprise letter a new "diplomatic opening" between the two countries, but Rice said it was not. "

and so on....all of which smacks of zero thought about how to engage, through diplomatic channels and take advantage of this admittedly awkward gesture. But instead she gave the Iranian dingdong a quick, arrogant rejection. Not what he was necessarily looking for, but a response that did little more than cement our image, that is OUR image as Americans in the world, as being unwilling to negotiate bullies. Helps the Iranian dingdong strengthen his position of power, does nothing for America. It is that lack of skill, and constantly being outsmarted by any little turd of a tyrant around the world that I am sick and tired of, and Condoleeza Rice represents another two and half years of it. Because she is not qualified. Regardless of her skin color. Or, in fact, of whether or not she is a White House sperm bank.

Overall, her appointment to the Cabinet in the Secretary of State roll has about as much merit, once again in my opinion, as his nomination to the Supreme Court of his former nanny. Or that horse's ass who was in charge of FEMA. Or the one in charge of it today.

But don't let me keep you from feeding your vision "Whenever a black person, or a hispanic, or any other minority gets an important job, the rumors start flying: she is doing the boss, or he is kissing ass or they got it through affirmative action" that you see between the lines. You get to tell us about your vision for the same reason I get to spout off about my opinion of Bush and his selection process for advisors and Cabinet members and Supreme Court Justices, and Federal Agency heads. We are Americans. It is our right. You just happen to have read between the lines I wrote, some of your own fantasies as I did not put that there.

Quote:
Was Albright any better? I don't think so. Yet no one is saying anything about how she nailed the job.

Same for Reno, one of the worst AG in recent history. Yet no one is question "how" she got the job. (Well, maybe that is because she is butt-ugly.)

It is only when you have a black S of S that people let the rumors fly. That bothers me.
No, there were rumors about the nanny and FEMA's Brownie. Maybe not sexual, but there were rumors. Bush is all around alarmingly and consistently poor at finding and selecting talented Americans to provide council, fill Federal Agency jobs with great responsibility, and Cabinet positions. He has demonstrated he gives these jobs to buddies or buddies of buddies who are loyal supporters. Close, trusted friends or friends of friends. Not qualified candidates and Condi is just another in this pattern. I really don't care if "she is doing the boss" or not. I would just love for it to be true so I could watch all those self righteous rightwing shitbirds squirm and turn inside as a result. Yeah Bot, I am a bad guy because I would actually enjoy that. But I would rather see that happen than see any more of our soldiers suffer in a bum war brought on by another group of unfit for the job appointees.

Quote:
Yeah, I think that she would make one hell of a Dominatrix. Whip me baby, hurt me baby, make me invade bad countries.....
Now why is that? Is there something between your lines here about her being Black that makes you think this? If you read my original post there is nothing about her physical appearance or sexual prowess in there, only that she is Black and because of that it would be tough for Bush's "base" to handle, especially if she got knocked up. Which isn't my racism peeping through. Just my appreciation of how the racists that support Bush will feel if they find out he was cheating on his wife with a Black woman he appointed to the Cabinet. It would just be so much fun to explore all the ways that makes Clinton's knobber a side note in the moral decay of the White House. The fact that the daily lying from the White House is only just beginning to register has been a real disappointment. But a pointless sex scandal just might get the base riled up. And I am for getting the base to see this man for the lightweight he is. Jim
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 10:08 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Quote:
They had an excellent spring practice. The defensive front should be top ten and the 'backers aren't too shabby either. Leak looked very, very good at QB. Better than he has thus far. Still, lots of question marks offensively with a talented, but untested line. They have a brutal road schedule this year, but I think they have a legit shot at a BCS bowl. I see So. Cal. in your profile...USC fan?
Go Trojans! (Is there any other college football team in So. Cal.?).

I'd like to see your Gators play my Trojans...sure would be a fun game to watch.

Good luck to you guys, see 'ya at the BCS championship bowl...
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 10:19 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
Go ahead an read between the lines.
I don't have to read between the lines, the obvious sexist and racist ovrtones are only too plain to see.

Unless you have accomplished even a small percentage of the things that Condi has accomplished, then you are really in no position to judge her qualifications. What are you qualifications to judge her? Why don;t you post your CV, so that we can judge yOUR qualifications.

You only spread your lies about Condi (all of it which is baseless innuendo w/o one shred of factual evidence to support it) because she is an accomplished and intelligent black woman. Your post is beyond being anti-Bush, it is anti-black and it is anti-female.

But whatever floats your boat. You're right, this is America and and you have the right to be as sexist and racist as you want to.

Good luck in spreading your hatred and racism.
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 12:21 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)
Quote:
I don't have to read between the lines, the obvious sexist and racist ovrtones are only too plain to see.

Unless you have accomplished even a small percentage of the things that Condi has accomplished, then you are really in no position to judge her qualifications. What are you qualifications to judge her? Why don;t you post your CV, so that we can judge yOUR qualifications.

You only spread your lies about Condi (all of it which is baseless innuendo w/o one shred of factual evidence to support it) because she is an accomplished and intelligent black woman. Your post is beyond being anti-Bush, it is anti-black and it is anti-female.

But whatever floats your boat. You're right, this is America and and you have the right to be as sexist and racist as you want to.

Good luck in spreading your hatred and racism.
She works for an executive branch that many people find revolting. Anything past this and you are reading your own issues into it.
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 02:07 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
She works for an executive branch that many people find revolting. Anything past this and you are reading your own issues into it.
Regardless of how one feels about the Bush administration, that does not give a person the right to spread baseless innuendo about her character and her qualifications.

I found the Clinton admistration to be morally reprehensible and incompetent. I would not. however, say that Albright got her job by squeezing bill's nuts between her legs or that Reno got her position by dropping to her rickety old knees. There is no need to put them down just because of my personal feelings about Bubba.

If Condi is doing Bush, I hope she is doing him because she finds him hot. If he is doing her, I hope that he appointed her SofS because of her merits.

I have been around the track more than a few times. I find that people who say things like: "...she got the job because she is shaggign the boss..." are usually incompetent themselves or they have an agenda.

In this case I think the agenda is racism and sexism.
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Regardless of how one feels about the Bush administration, that does not give a person the right to spread baseless innuendo about her character and her qualifications.

I found the Clinton admistration to be morally reprehensible and incompetent. I would not. however, say that Albright got her job by squeezing bill's nuts between her legs or that Reno got her position by dropping to her rickety old knees. There is no need to put them down just because of my personal feelings about Bubba.

If Condi is doing Bush, I hope she is doing him because she finds him hot. If he is doing her, I hope that he appointed her SofS because of her merits.

I have been around the track more than a few times. I find that people who say things like: "...she got the job because she is shaggign the boss..." are usually incompetent themselves or they have an agenda.

In this case I think the agenda is racism and sexism.
In this case you are clearly wrong. I noted the information was likely untrue (it was clearly noted as a rumor), and that my reasons for promulgating it was that it would be delightful to see the holier than thou rightwing "base" deal with it, should it be truthful. The rest is your fabrication, but it does give us all some insight into the uncontrolled sexist and racist ramblings going on in there.

You got one thing right. My qualifications to repeat this stuff start with the fact I am an American. And as I see it those are some pretty strong qualifications - no others are required.

Overall this has been a great experiment. The "headline" of the thread was that Snow got outed by Condi giving us all a snow job. The other stuff was an aside, and, as I suspected, overwhelms you rightwingers. You are obsessed with your and everyone else's gonads. Let the President lie and use up the international goodwill hundreds of thousands of American soldiers and citizens have dedicated their lives for two centuries to creating in a few short years. Let us get outsmarted by every two bit dictator or other turd on top of some tyranical regime by using the same, almost childish tactics. Just put a bit, a shred even, of red meat out there with a bunch of other more meaningful (or threatening, depending on your perspective) points, and the Bush administration as well as its "base" of similarly afflicted followers will skip all but the red meat scraps. Makes it too easy to manipulate America. Just look at the replies to this thread. Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in