Is this hwy we freed them PART II - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 12:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2004
Vehicle: 2004 SL500 2002 SLK320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are fighting the wars wrong. The enemy knows we must follow rules. I say, for get about the rules and kill everyone and make then suffer and break their will to fight.

2002 SLK320
2004 SL500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 12:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
There is a bit of rock hard logic! Right up there with creationism and the argument that Terry Schiavo was communicating. Bush is the Engineer on this train wreck. To act like it is not a train wreck is irresponsible. Jim
To call what we are doing in Iraq a "train wreck" is irresponsible.
Attached Images

Don't believe everything you think
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 12:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerfink
We are fighting the wars wrong. The enemy knows we must follow rules. I say, for get about the rules and kill everyone and make then suffer and break their will to fight.
Whoa-oh-oh-oh...

Don't believe everything you think
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 01:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMISBEST.
What went wrong Bot? I though we had that place under control and we have our people in power taking care of everything we ask.
I know the Russians had problems holding on to that God forsaken place but us? come on we are better than the Russians and we understand those regions better than anyone, I mean did we not invest in some good intelligence apparatus to make policy or take action over there?
If you really want an answer, try asking a straight question.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 01:23 PM
GMISBEST.

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
To call what we are doing in Iraq a "train wreck" is irresponsible.
Hey Jayhawk, do you think that lady is ready to accept Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior?
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 01:29 PM
GMISBEST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
If you really want an answer, try asking a straight question.
Ok, let me rephrase: Why is it that some people feel that the "the mission" is not accomplished? Why are we paying for these people's infrastructure and not getting any breaks at the pump? Did we not plan to pay for all of this with "their" oil? I think we got jipped by the Iraqis, they get to keep our oil and our congress must appropriate funds from our coffers every time. What about our soldiers that died, why not ask for compensation from the Iraqis? They get paid everytime we kill one of them. The last figure I heard was $2,500. What about us?
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 01:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Ok, let me rephrase: (1) Why is it that some people feel that the "the mission" is not accomplished? (2) Why are we paying for these people's infrastructure and not getting any breaks at the pump? (2.1) Did we not plan to pay for all of this with "their" oil? I think we got jipped by the Iraqis, they get to keep our oil and our congress must appropriate funds from our coffers every time. (2.2) What about our soldiers that died, why not ask for compensation from the Iraqis? They get paid everytime we kill one of them. The last figure I heard was $2,500. (2.3) What about us?
Good, now we get to see you more or less as you really are rather than a dodge-and-weave parody of a Bush-ite. Honesty becomes you. I added the numbers so I could make sure I addressed your questions.

1. I have no idea. If we assume that "mission" is used in its usual context, that is as the means to an objective in a battle, then I would have to ask which battle, which mission?

2. Because as Powell is reported to have said, "You break it, you own it." We also paid for a large portion of rebuilding Germany, Japan and S. Korea. We also helped rebuild most of western Europe. From those efforts we have received no compensation. Perhaps that is a precedent?

2.1 - 2.3. If we asked for (or seized) compensation then it will prove to the world that all we really wanted to do was colonize Iraq for oil. That would be a very bad strategic move. We seem to be able to afford to pay for it at this point. The long-term prognosis for continuing to foot the bill (IMO) is not good, IMO.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 02:11 PM
GMISBEST.

Botnst]Good, now we get to see you more or less as you really are rather than a dodge-and-weave parody of a Bush-ite. Honesty becomes you. I added the numbers so I could make sure I addressed your questions.

1. I have no idea. If we assume that "mission" is used in its usual context, that is as the means to an objective in a battle, then I would have to ask which battle, which mission?

What was our mission? What is our vision?

2. Because as Powell is reported to have said, "You break it, you own it." We also paid for a large portion of rebuilding Germany, Japan and S. Korea. We also helped rebuild most of western Europe. From those efforts we have received no compensation. Perhaps that is a precedent?

We still have bases there and we seem to get along with everyone and still contribute to their economies because of our presence, why are the ayrabs so resistant to assimilate?

2.1 - 2.3. If we asked for (or seized) compensation then it will prove to the world that all we really wanted to do was colonize Iraq for oil. That would be a very bad strategic move. We seem to be able to afford to pay for it at this point. The long-term prognosis for continuing to foot the bill (IMO) is not good, IMO

so what is our strategy? was it only to topple Saddam? Did we have specific goals with drawn outcomes to make up a strategy? Was nation building part of this strategy?

I hope you can help with some answers Bot because these are going to be questions I have to put together when I go to Georgetown U next fall. I just hope that my prof. will not be a lib faggot
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 02:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Botnst]Good, now we get to see you more or less as you really are rather than a dodge-and-weave parody of a Bush-ite. Honesty becomes you. I added the numbers so I could make sure I addressed your questions.

What was our mission? What is our vision?

We still have bases there and we seem to get along with everyone and still contribute to their economies because of our presence, why are the ayrabs so resistant to assimilate?

2.1 - 2.3. If we asked for (or seized) compensation then it will prove to the world that all we really wanted to do was colonize Iraq for oil. That would be a very bad strategic move. We seem to be able to afford to pay for it at this point. The long-term prognosis for continuing to foot the bill (IMO) is not good, IMO

so what is our strategy? was it only to topple Saddam? Did we have specific goals with drawn outcomes to make up a strategy? Was nation building part of this strategy?

I hope you can help with some answers Bot because these are going to be questions I have to put together when I go to Georgetown U next fall. I just hope that my prof. will not be a lib faggot
1. I asked you almost exactly the same question.

2. When we first put bases in those countries they were not pleased with garrisoned troops on their land. many of them are still not happy with it. For example, we are moving marines and other forces off of Okinawa in a phased withdrawal at Japan's request. Over the decades since WWII we have closed bases in Japan, Phillipines, England, France, Italy, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, and Micronesia. Mostly at the request of the host nations. I guess it depends on how we define "get along"? For example, we have a military base in Guantanamo Cuba. Do we "get along" with Cuba?

2.1-2.3 I don't know how you may have missed the many, many, many speeches by various talking heads in and our of government since late 2002. I invite you to do the research, for it is all there in excruciating detail.

Don't like it? That's okay, a lot of folks don't like it. Maybe next time your guy will win the election and we'll getto do things your way. The best opportunity is for you to get out there and work for a change in the Congress so that more Democrats will get into the Houses of Congress and can push the government in a different direction. That's why we have elections. They are a peaceful way to change government. IMO your team has an excellent shot at taking control of the House and a smaller chance of taking the Senate. Get out there and work for it rather than whine about it.

B
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 03:01 PM
GMISBEST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
1. I asked you almost exactly the same question.

2. When we first put bases in those countries they were not pleased with garrisoned troops on their land. many of them are still not happy with it. For example, we are moving marines and other forces off of Okinawa in a phased withdrawal at Japan's request. Over the decades since WWII we have closed bases in Japan, Phillipines, England, France, Italy, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, and Micronesia. Mostly at the request of the host nations. I guess it depends on how we define "get along"? For example, we have a military base in Guantanamo Cuba. Do we "get along" with Cuba?

2.1-2.3 I don't know how you may have missed the many, many, many speeches by various talking heads in and our of government since late 2002. I invite you to do the research, for it is all there in excruciating detail.

Don't like it? That's okay, a lot of folks don't like it. Maybe next time your guy will win the election and we'll getto do things your way. The best opportunity is for you to get out there and work for a change in the Congress so that more Democrats will get into the Houses of Congress and can push the government in a different direction. That's why we have elections. They are a peaceful way to change government. IMO your team has an excellent shot at taking control of the House and a smaller chance of taking the Senate. Get out there and work for it rather than whine about it.

B
My team? I have not began!
I shall have an open invitation for you if you want to join my future political movement if you are interested. I am working on Jayhawk to join me because we need something new, something fresh and full of energy. The old school is worn out and on both sides. We need a party of that inspires youth and rejuvenate the old. We need a party that brings us all under one leader (me) that will wrap every issue around the well being of our nation ONLY. We need to protect what we have worked for and take what others have prepared for us for the taking. We need to align with a few friends that share our vision and will help us rule as the best nation on this planet. We need to unit and have everyone respect us and fall inline with our doctrines so when the day the space aliens attempt to invade us we and only we can stand to their onslaught as the reprehensive of this earth. I think this should be happening in this century cause I believe Spock’s people are watching our moves and are ready to break their prime directive. We need to get them to do that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in