LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: CLS 320 cdi
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs down Tourist coming to USA needing help with car rental!!!

I am from the U.K and am coming over to L.A for a 3 week vacation from the end of June 2006 until the end of July 2006. My problem is that Hertz the rental company is getting on my nerves as i have rented a Cadillac Escalade from them thinking that i would be gettin the 2007 revamped model, however i am receiving the old model which i hate in comparisson to the new style! I thought that seens the new model is out, they would get rid of the old models to keep customer satisfaction?

Do any of you guys know if Hertz do offer their customers 2007 Cadillac Escalades, and also if they only do not offer them to tourists? This is what i think is the case!

And also maybe someone on her have recently rented from hertz and seen a 2007 Escalade in their forecort?

Thanks, Alex

My Cars : Mercedes CLS 320cdi, BMW 120d

My Bike : MV Agusta F4

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ryankenny01

Kind Regards
Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 02:28 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
I think you are out of luck, as the new 'lade has not been out too long. Call around to different rental car places as well.

Or when you get here get a cab from the airport to take you directly to a cadillac dealer and take one for a test drive overnight! Well...
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 03:13 PM
Bootnst

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
You can charge it to my credit card.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 04:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2005
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ignore the Bootnst character. Shane's idea sounds good. The new Escalade hasn't been out too long, not long enough where customer demand would force them to change the whole line.

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 (sold)
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
ok then, thanks guys and i appreciate your concern. I have told hertz that if there is a 2007 model in there forecort, i will go elsewhere and rent a 300c.

Another question is how does the Cadillac Escalade compare to a Lincoln Navigator, i mean which is better?

Thanks again

Kind Regards
Alex
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 01:10 PM
GMISBEST.

As the official GM representative on this forum I must extend my appreciation in your choice of cars while visiting our land. You apparently are convinced of the value of driving such noble vehicles and have come to the ultimate conclusion that Benzes are just POS junk to put it politely. That said, I highly suggest that you consider a Hummer H1 with the Z1AXXF package.
I insist that you do choose such a package as you will need every feature it offers while you enjoy your stay by driving in our inner cities. Do not be alarmed of the social warmth that you will experience from people wanting to wash your windshield or by gatherings in street corners that send you a designated representative to offer you various collections of rocks, powders and plants. You can either accept to do business so we can catch up with our trade deficit with your country or simply use the package offered in your urban assault vehicle. To illustrate, the big red button will offer you protection by emitting a high frequency signal in the form of a shield around your vehicle. Should anyone be within ten feet of said vehicle you will be witness to a bloody display of ear and nose bleed with eyes being gouged out. I highly suggest that you take up our offer for an accompanying digital camera as you will need to record your defense accomplishments. The yellow lever next to your hand brake is a special feature for whenever you accept “trick” and it’s time to pay up you can just pull it and watch the hoe being ejected. Kleenex and condoms are complementary and can be found in the glove compartment.
GM is Best at your service
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 02:11 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2006
Vehicle: 05 E55/ 05 Yamaha R1
If I rented from hetrz, I'd go for the "hertz mustang"
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 03:23 PM
guage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenr1
If I rented from Hertz, I'd go for the "hertz mustang"
A couple weeks ago when I flew into Sacramento, Ca and drove down to the
Bakersfield area, thats what Hertz rented me.

Mine was a convertible and I was able to have the top down for 3 of the 4 days,
missed the rainy spell.
I thought it was a little snug fit for me, but the power was fun.

Put 1,200mi on the od.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 04:42 PM
GMISBEST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guage
A couple weeks ago when I flew into Sacramento, Ca and drove down to the
Bakersfield area, thats what Hertz rented me.

Mine was a convertible and I was able to have the top down for 3 of the 4 days,
missed the rainy spell.
I thought it was a little snug fit for me, but the power was fun.

Put 1,200mi on the od.

Ya big lug you, did you use your telescopic member to steer?
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 05:00 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMISBEST.
As the official GM representative on this forum I must extend my appreciation in your choice of cars while visiting our land. You apparently are convinced of the value of driving such noble vehicles and have come to the ultimate conclusion that Benzes are just POS junk to put it politely. That said, I highly suggest that you consider a Hummer H1 with the Z1AXXF package.
I insist that you do choose such a package as you will need every feature it offers while you enjoy your stay by driving in our inner cities. Do not be alarmed of the social warmth that you will experience from people wanting to wash your windshield or by gatherings in street corners that send you a designated representative to offer you various collections of rocks, powders and plants. You can either accept to do business so we can catch up with our trade deficit with your country or simply use the package offered in your urban assault vehicle. To illustrate, the big red button will offer you protection by emitting a high frequency signal in the form of a shield around your vehicle. Should anyone be within ten feet of said vehicle you will be witness to a bloody display of ear and nose bleed with eyes being gouged out. I highly suggest that you take up our offer for an accompanying digital camera as you will need to record your defense accomplishments. The yellow lever next to your hand brake is a special feature for whenever you accept “trick” and it’s time to pay up you can just pull it and watch the hoe being ejected. Kleenex and condoms are complementary and can be found in the glove compartment.
GM is Best at your service

Thanks but i wold prefer to rent from hertz as i am a #1 gold member, and with this the next time i come to the states (i do every year!), they will reduce my price of the car i am renting. Sort of like a Marriott rewards card i think? just get allocated pints depending on the amount of times you use hertz service.

FAO raven1

Errmm i would also love to get the saleen mustang but there is another problem with the fact i have two sons aged 16 and 12. BOOO lol my 16 your old son would love it.

Also another problem with the mustang would be that i am driving to all of my destinations, the list goes like "Los Angeles -> San Diego -> Las Vegas -> Palm Desert" this way i need a comfortable cruiser lol.

Thanks again guys for your concerns and the detailed explanations, one thing is that hertz better have the 2007 escalade.

Cheers!!

Kind Regards
Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in