post #1 of 249 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Resigning from this forum

I think it's time to follow Shabah out of here. I don't know if it's the forum change or what, but the caliber of conservative intellect here has dropped to a new low, and the constant harassment from this new lowlife sicko, another in a long line of right wing nut jobs who seem to be mentally ill in their desire to harass those they don;t agree with, dealing with these whack jobs just isn't fun anymore. In a way, they are good to have around,because they demonstrate the basic moral sickness and depravity of what passes as "conservatism" these days. But intelligent discussion has become impossible. The people that are here on the opposite side are for the most part, with a number of notable exceptions, just not worth discussing the issues with anymore. I have throughly enjoyed my time here up until the last few weeks, but this place has become pretty pointless. I'll be checking my PMs once and awhile, but otherwise, see you all later.

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 05-16-2006 at 11:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 249 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 11:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 1993 300SEL (Sold) 2001 530i
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
What will we do without all the Bush hater threds? Well Off Topic had to much of that anyway. See you later KV.
post #3 of 249 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 07:52 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
He'll be back, they always come back.

Often I've thought gee this place is nothing but a political forum. I can make better use of my time, yet I keep on checking in because there are a lot of interesting people here. like 'em or not. oh well, I am reminded of the mantra of Morpheus: Fuck everyone! just shut the fuck up!
post #4 of 249 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 08:33 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
I don't think it's the politics as much as the conflict. It's like watching a fight and waiting to see if a hockey game will break out...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #5 of 249 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 09:00 AM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Could it be that everybody is somewhere else, now?

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #6 of 249 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 09:37 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
I don't blame you. The trolling here is reaching new lows daily. I think it stems from the fact there are no more rational arguments for justifying what the ruling party is doing. All they have left are insults, since they cannot face the reality their heros are goats.

OBK #35

post #7 of 249 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 09:55 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 1982 300CD
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I totally agree. I've become a bit bored with it too, as you can probably tell. Honestly, there's only so many times you can explain the truth. It becomes monotonous, repetitive, tedious, boring, and exhausting. But that is a tactic of those without recourse to logic or the ability to draw intelligent conclusions.

There should not be any need to repeat yourself in every post. They would rather debate what bread and condiments to use than admit its being a shit sandwich.

It doesn't mean the children have won. It just means that they won't be continually spoon-fed the information they should be figuring out themselves.

BTW, to debate a Republican stooge is quite different than to fight with an intellectual child who just listened to Rush. So, buck up stooges, I'm not referring to you here.
post #8 of 249 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 10:01 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
there are trolls here?

in political asylum
post #9 of 249 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 10:47 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I will miss you KV--and all the useless platitudes and left-wing lingo. I will even miss all of those obscene conversations you have w/ yourself. I think what you, and most of these other lefties, hate most is the fact that you cannot just spew the usual liberal BS and get away w/ it. There are many who disagree w/ you and, more and more, we are speaking up. It is a lot like the drive-by media that used to control the airwaves and papers, but now is finding that the public wants "fair and balanced," NOT BIASED news. And they are shocked at times to find that people can disagree w/out being disagreeable. Telling the truth to kookbergers can be a daunting task, but more and more it is happening--like here. We (I at least) do not take this banter personally, even when you are given to four-letter tirades directed at us. I enjoy the back and forth, and find that your outrageous claims and counterclaims can sometimes engender other outrageous claims and counterclaims. If you do go, some of us will miss your outrageousness.

Don't believe everything you think
post #10 of 249 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:09 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1989 300 TE
Sorry to hear you go KV. I haven’t been around much lately. When I have been around I have noticed that there has been more of a balance. When I first started posting it was mostly left wing propaganda. To stand up and recognize that most posts were gross generalizations and the use of the Nazi comparison just caused the word to lose meaning. There were some good debates. I hope you don’t mean that someone is emailing you and just trying to harass you in general. To do so on a message board is one thing, but it should end there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in