BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 89 420SEL Stock
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzoid123
No no, don't get the intention that my motivation is political or I am always liberal-minded. I am someone who is referred to as "opened minded". I hate people who play the race card in anything in life however in order to show a co-relation between groups of people it is only logical that different types of people fall into that category. There are gay people, straight people, black, white, asian...see?
I can see the pluses and minuses of ever situation without being overtly opinionated. Hey, frankly I think it's a little goofy myself to be cramming certain subjects into the classroom but in all fairness if other groups of people are represented in history books, why can't gay history be taught too? God-forbid all the times I had to hear my college professors tell one bleeding heart story about the bad white people and what they did to American Indians, blacks, hispanics etc. If I spoke out in class about what bullshit some of it was or god-forbid present another side of their beliefs, I would be labeled a racist. Now THAT I resented about college. I once pointed out how the same "evil" border guards patrolling Mexico were the same folks saving their asses after they are found dehydrated or half frozen. It appears I have strayed off the origional subject a tad didn't I? Hey, who doesn't like bitching about the world to a bunch of strangers? There are a lot worse things to worry about rather than California's teaching of gay studies. Big deal, if you are gay then you'll find it interesting. If you don't want to hear it, just don't pay attention to it. I did this all through college. All I did on tests is tell them what they want to hear.

You state that minorities are under represented in our history books. Have you read a Social Studies book in the last ten years or so? I really have to laugh at these outdated arguements and I love how the libs always lump Asians in with the other minorities. Asians are coming to America, starting out in the same ghettos as blacks and Hispanics and a few years later they are moving out and functioning successfully in society. In fact, they are surpassing Caucasions in college enrollment and testing success. Maybe we should study the value system of Asians and then compare it to other races and see if similar values have anything to do with success. You know valuing education, valuing hard work, valuing yourself......things like that. It is not the curriculum that is causing the poor to fail or sexually absorbed homosexuals to faulter in school....it is the value system.

89 420SEL Light blue German gearing Completely Stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 (permalink) Old 05-20-2006, 01:35 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 1982 Mercedes 300TD wagon
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't argue with that at all! That's the biggest annoyance in the liberal classes I had to take to meet my G.E.'s in college. Blacks and Hispanics can't get ahead because there's a line of whities there to hold them back. I don't believe this as much as I believe that drugs, unplanned preganancies and general lack of good old-fashioned common-sense as the culprit. They would rather collect welfare than to say "Hey I fucked up!"and get an education. It's a mentality I absolutely hate in this country. You burned yourself with hot coffee? Well then you're stupid now aren't you? Our schools and colleges are teaching this "It's not my fault" thinking and it makes me sick. Yes, there are a lot of screwed up discrimination out there however if anyone walks into my business thinking they can get a job with 50 nose rings and pink hair, I'm going to discriminate against them and prefer someone else unless you never meet my clients in person.
post #63 of 64 (permalink) Old 05-20-2006, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 89 420SEL Stock
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzoid123
I can't argue with that at all! That's the biggest annoyance in the liberal classes I had to take to meet my G.E.'s in college. Blacks and Hispanics can't get ahead because there's a line of whities there to hold them back. I don't believe this as much as I believe that drugs, unplanned preganancies and general lack of good old-fashioned common-sense as the culprit. They would rather collect welfare than to say "Hey I fucked up!"and get an education. It's a mentality I absolutely hate in this country. You burned yourself with hot coffee? Well then you're stupid now aren't you? Our schools and colleges are teaching this "It's not my fault" thinking and it makes me sick. Yes, there are a lot of screwed up discrimination out there however if anyone walks into my business thinking they can get a job with 50 nose rings and pink hair, I'm going to discriminate against them and prefer someone else unless you never meet my clients in person.
OK, so you agree that the value system of minorities is a major reason that they are failing. Why are Asians who live in the same neighborhoods doing so well then? Why are Caucasians who come to this country doing so well also? Values! Educational values,,,,,,,,work ethics,,,,,etc. I just completed a class on language acquisition and during the course of the class they stated that the fluorescent lighting in class is subjugating minorities because they are used to natural light. They also stated that desks being placed in rows was subjugating minority students because minorities were not familiar with order in their lives. If you ask me, these suppositions are both racial slurs and worthless attempts at claiming victimization!

89 420SEL Light blue German gearing Completely Stock
post #64 of 64 (permalink) Old 05-20-2006, 05:41 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercedezGolf
OK, so you agree that the value system of minorities is a major reason that they are failing. Why are Asians who live in the same neighborhoods doing so well then? Why are Caucasians who come to this country doing so well also? Values! Educational values,,,,,,,,work ethics,,,,,etc. I just completed a class on language acquisition and during the course of the class they stated that the fluorescent lighting in class is subjugating minorities because they are used to natural light. They also stated that desks being placed in rows was subjugating minority students because minorities were not familiar with order in their lives. If you ask me, these suppositions are both racial slurs and worthless attempts at claiming victimization!
My God! I agree w/ you completely!!!

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in