Gestapo: Bush fascists attempting to monitor every phone call made in the USA - Page 8 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 96 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 06:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMISBEST.
You don't say?
Every case had merit even if the administration sought post warrants. Our rights were not trampled upon as I don't see rioting in the streets and mass media turn coating and erosion for supporting our leaders. Case in point Fox, our conservative, just and balanced outlet has not made such a big deal of this issue because frankly there is no issue!
How can you claim that this administration is incompetent? cite one instance of gross negligence or mismanagement that's draining us high and dry. Please don't recycle the Iraq thingy because the game ain't over, yet most liberals are ready to throw the towel and turn their backs on our protectors. How on earth are we going to win this war if we have jelly fish amongst us? In these trying times we need to stick together, accept the party line, obey orders and just do what our president tells us. We need to sing one song with one voice to make it clear that we stand for OUR freedoms and OUR way of life.
If the NSA is listening into our phone conversation so be it. If you are not a criminal then you have nothing top fear. Personally I think this procedure should be a permanent fixture and an integrated feature whenever we use our telecommunications resources. We need to accept it and must sign a release whenever we get a phone number or a cell phone. This is a privilege not a right nor shall it be protected by any constitutional wordings or otherwise. We can't fight bad people by playing nice.
I can always depend on you to paint this scene for me using the colors from the conservatives' paint kit, and a lot of their favorite number patterns, so much better than I can from the other side of the argument. Thanks. Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 96 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 06:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
When Karl Rove posts his opinions here I'll be sure to castigate him for you. Since he is not here I don't see any value in thrashing his unexorcsized demonic manifestation.

Concerning the law quoted above, I think it is a terrible piece of work, giving unimpeded power to the FBI. But there it is. This or any other administration will use whatever power Congress gives it. For example, the War Powers Act--another horrible piece of legislation that 535 members of the House and Senate hide behind rather than debating and acting constitutionally on a war. But there it is.

It is simplistic and foolish to accuse this or any other administration of illegality on this issue or War Powers or many other acts when plainly, Congress has for over a century foolishly and repeatedly granted the Presidency huge chunks of power to do what it wishes. The problem is not with this president and this congress. It is far greater than that.
Nice try Bot. The fact that you are easily motivated to cry "foul" about a few "fucks" or even "ass fucks" on this relatively meaningless internet message board, but find the use of the euphemism "legalize gay marriage" as a campaign distraction (on the order of "legalize ass fucking" to you on this board) to distract the bulk of the population from the real issues of war, incompetence, and disregard for the Constitution, without reason for witholding your approval is telling.

I do agree with you though, there are virtually no Americans in any branch of the Government who could hold a candle to any of the Founding Fathers. They, and many other citizens have no idea what it meant to turn the anger at being abused by the King into what we now take for granted as a form of Government by the people and for the people. Jim
post #73 of 96 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 07:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
Nice try Bot. The fact that you are easily motivated to cry "foul" about a few "fucks" or even "ass fucks" on this relatively meaningless internet message board, but find the use of the euphemism "legalize gay marriage" as a campaign distraction (on the order of "legalize ass fucking" to you on this board) to distract the bulk of the population from the real issues of war, incompetence, and disregard for the Constitution, without reason for witholding your approval is telling.

I do agree with you though, there are virtually no Americans in any branch of the Government who could hold a candle to any of the Founding Fathers. They, and many other citizens have no idea what it meant to turn the anger at being abused by the King into what we now take for granted as a form of Government by the people and for the people. Jim
Wherever you went with that first paragraph you left me.

The accumulation of power to the central government accelerated under Andre Jackson and reached its first peak under Lincoln, a virtual dictator who ruled by decree and deported his opposition. Between those two presidents we developed a standing army and unchecked power accumulated in a central government. FDR brought that power into the 20th century. Power has been accumulating ever since.

Most people like the result. I would prefer a gov more like the Canadian gov where there is provincial check on central gov.
post #74 of 96 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 07:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite

I find it curious that you always stop short of applying any standard of behaviour to the Bush League clowns - in this case the equivalently distracting effect of "potty mouth" language on this board which you feel compelled to criticize that is being foisted on the American public by Karl Rove and the rest of the Republican Party right wing strategists. They have discovered how easily the American public is distracted by talk of penises and vaginas, or penises and penises and vaginas and vaginas, and abuse the power of this distraction to prevent any meaningful, rational discussion of the real issues this country faces. The public is more concerned with what other people are doing with their gonads than they are about where their next meal is coming from, or that their job got sent to China so some already disgustingly rich puke can get richer, or that their children are being killed to make oil barons in the Middle East, mainly, richer. That, Bot, is really disgusting. And it starts in Sunday school, then is reinforced in the next religious training exercise and so on. The right wing is bent out of shape about restricting the efficacy of the training of their future base to have those same push buttons on sex and "family values" built in by voting age. Christian values have nothing to do with it, they want the ability to have these built in topics that blind the voting public to what is really going on. And my sentiment is "FUCK"EM" - sorry. Jim
post #75 of 96 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Fucking A, fucking right.
post #76 of 96 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 09:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
I find it curious that you always stop short of applying any standard of behaviour to the Bush League clowns - in this case the equivalently distracting effect of "potty mouth" language on this board which you feel compelled to criticize that is being foisted on the American public by Karl Rove and the rest of the Republican Party right wing strategists. They have discovered how easily the American public is distracted by talk of penises and vaginas, or penises and penises and vaginas and vaginas, and abuse the power of this distraction to prevent any meaningful, rational discussion of the real issues this country faces. The public is more concerned with what other people are doing with their gonads than they are about where their next meal is coming from, or that their job got sent to China so some already disgustingly rich puke can get richer, or that their children are being killed to make oil barons in the Middle East, mainly, richer. That, Bot, is really disgusting. And it starts in Sunday school, then is reinforced in the next religious training exercise and so on. The right wing is bent out of shape about restricting the efficacy of the training of their future base to have those same push buttons on sex and "family values" built in by voting age. Christian values have nothing to do with it, they want the ability to have these built in topics that blind the voting public to what is really going on. And my sentiment is "FUCK"EM" - sorry. Jim
Oh that's where you went. No wonder it eluded me.

See, I don't buy your fundamental premises. That being the case, the consequent eluded me.

I think it is a waste of effort to send-up an amen squad everytime you and Captain Tourette go on the Bush binge. Any nut with a keyboard can Nazi anybody. Or talk potty-mouth to make himself all big and important. A small man with a small mind belittles people with crude language and cheap thrills.

Your perception of my beliefs is what it is. That I believe you are mistaken wont convince you. So that's a waste of time, too.

I don't feel moved to prove my dislike of anybody just so I can gain accolades. that's another waste of time.

Finally, I'm a natural born contrarian. Right now it is super popular to go forth and bash Bush. I never enjoyed the herd mentality. In fact, I am rather contemptuous of it. It is easy and cheap to go with the flow.
post #77 of 96 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 09:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Oh that's where you went. No wonder it eluded me.

See, I don't buy your fundamental premises. That being the case, the consequent eluded me.

I think it is a waste of effort to send-up an amen squad everytime you and Captain Tourette go on the Bush binge. Any nut with a keyboard can Nazi anybody. Or talk potty-mouth to make himself all big and important. A small man with a small mind belittles people with crude language and cheap thrills.

Your perception of my beliefs is what it is. That I believe you are mistaken wont convince you. So that's a waste of time, too.

I don't feel moved to prove my dislike of anybody just so I can gain accolades. that's another waste of time.

Finally, I'm a natural born contrarian. Right now it is super popular to go forth and bash Bush. I never enjoyed the herd mentality. In fact, I am rather contemptuous of it. It is easy and cheap to go with the flow.
From an outside your inner vision perspective, your activities are not consistent with your claims. That is also often one of the points when you enter the fray - it is not just trying to get you to join the Bush bashing, but to explain your inconsistency.

By the way, some of us have been pointing out the ease with which lies slide off his tongue, long before it became "super popular" and, at the time the crowd was decidedly more pro-Bush - they elected him and his approval ratings were sky rocketing. From outside watching you, it seems there is herd mentality that does appeal to you. Being against Bush and his unsavory forked tongue inner circle just isn't the one, regardless of how purient or dishonorable the team behavior gets. Jim
post #78 of 96 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
He must think we have short memories. When the herd was calling us traitors he seemed to be running along with the rest of the wilderbeasts.
post #79 of 96 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 10:16 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMISBEST.
You don't say?
Every case had merit even if the administration sought post warrants. Our rights were not trampled upon as I don't see rioting in the streets and mass media turn coating and erosion for supporting our leaders. Case in point Fox, our conservative, just and balanced outlet has not made such a big deal of this issue because frankly there is no issue!
How can you claim that this administration is incompetent? cite one instance of gross negligence or mismanagement that's draining us high and dry. Please don't recycle the Iraq thingy because the game ain't over, yet most liberals are ready to throw the towel and turn their backs on our protectors. How on earth are we going to win this war if we have jelly fish amongst us? In these trying times we need to stick together, accept the party line, obey orders and just do what our president tells us. We need to sing one song with one voice to make it clear that we stand for OUR freedoms and OUR way of life.
If the NSA is listening into our phone conversation so be it. If you are not a criminal then you have nothing top fear. Personally I think this procedure should be a permanent fixture and an integrated feature whenever we use our telecommunications resources. We need to accept it and must sign a release whenever we get a phone number or a cell phone. This is a privilege not a right nor shall it be protected by any constitutional wordings or otherwise. We can't fight bad people by playing nice.
Nothing to do with communication, but the current medicare drug plans. The present Goverment had a unique opportunity to negotiate with the Pharma Industry and bring down drug costs to the same level as found in Canada. They never even tried. Do you call that being competent, and representing the best interest of the people? Teutone (aka Horst K)
post #80 of 96 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D
I feel much better now, thanks. Wow, shit sandwiches sure can taste good once you forget they're made of shit.
I'm telling you man, that is the greatest cartoon commentary on the current state of affairs in this country I've ever seen. I watched Russet this morning, and all's I could think of is him trying to feed me shit sandwiches. Man, what a pathetic moron that guy is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in