George encourages Jeb Bush to run for Prez - Page 10 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

View Poll Results: Do you want to see another Bush in the White House?
No, I'd rather stab myself in both eyes with sewing needles 12 28.57%
No, I'd rather die slowly of Bubonic Plague 5 11.90%
No, I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney 5 11.90%
No, I'd rather have sex with Dick Cheny 6 14.29%
Yes, it's a great idea 14 33.33%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 03:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elau
Yup, and when they reach the top rung of the ladder. They magically become Republican.
No magic to it: Only the very best people are Republican's--like this lovely young lady. I'm sure they are Republican!
Attached Images

Don't believe everything you think

Last edited by Jayhawk; 05-15-2006 at 03:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hey, whoever you don't want is welcome over here. You guys are turning off everyone. What a bunch of fascists:

Judge bans public from abortion-records case
Kan. attorney general is seeking access to clinic’s patient information

Updated: 1:30 p.m. ET May 15, 2006
TOPEKA, Kan. - Hearings and other court proceedings in Attorney General Phill Kline’s ongoing dispute with two abortion clinics over access to their patients’ records will remain closed, a judge has ruled.

District Judge Richard Anderson denied a request to open the proceedings to the public, filed a week ago by The Associated Press and the Kansas Press Association, which represents newspapers across the state.

Anderson also warned the parties against publicizing the case further.

Kline is attempting to glean information from the records of clinics operated in Wichita by Dr. George Tiller and in Overland Park by Planned Parenthood of Kansas and Mid-Missouri.

Kline has said he needs information from patient abortion records to investigate potential child rapes and whether the clinics have violated the abortion laws.

Kline has previously said he would like to see Roe vs. Wade overturned.

Subpoena for patient records
In September 2004, Anderson subpoenaed 90 records at Kline's request. The clinics asked the Supreme Court to intervene, which it did, sending the case back to Anderson.

Anderson issued a three-page order Thursday, but it did not become public until Monday, when AP obtained a copy from its attorney. The issue of openness arose May 5, when an AP reporter attended a hearing Anderson had presumed would be closed.

Although the dispute between Kline and the clinics has generated national attention and the Supreme Court ruling, Anderson still is presiding over what state law calls an inquisition, in which a prosecutor can compel people to answer questions or produce records.

“The court recognizes there are significant intractable political features inherent in this proceeding,” Anderson wrote. “Neither the investigating law enforcement officer nor any other person subject to the jurisdiction of the court will be permitted to turn the investigation into a means to shape public opinion about abortion policy.”

‘Exploded’ notion of secrecy
Both Kline’s office and an attorney for the clinics declined to release the arguments they had filed, in keeping with a gag order Anderson filed earlier in the case.

Both argued Friday that proceedings should remain closed, which is typical for inquisitions. But Mike Merriam, a Topeka attorney representing the news organizations, wrote in arguments he filed that the Supreme Court's ruling in February “exploded” the notion of keeping proceedings secret.

“While secrecy seems to be the byword of this case, there is in fact nothing in the inquisition statutes that mandates such secrecy, or indeed even mentions it,” Merriam wrote. “There is no law requiring criminal investigations in general to be secret.”
post #93 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 06:39 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvining
Hey, whoever you don't want is welcome over here. You guys are turning off everyone. What a bunch of fascists:

Judge bans public from abortion-records case
Kan. attorney general is seeking access to clinic’s patient information

Updated: 1:30 p.m. ET May 15, 2006
TOPEKA, Kan. - Hearings and other court proceedings in Attorney General Phill Kline’s ongoing dispute with two abortion clinics over access to their patients’ records will remain closed, a judge has ruled.

District Judge Richard Anderson denied a request to open the proceedings to the public, filed a week ago by The Associated Press and the Kansas Press Association, which represents newspapers across the state.

Anderson also warned the parties against publicizing the case further.

Kline is attempting to glean information from the records of clinics operated in Wichita by Dr. George Tiller and in Overland Park by Planned Parenthood of Kansas and Mid-Missouri.

Kline has said he needs information from patient abortion records to investigate potential child rapes and whether the clinics have violated the abortion laws.

Kline has previously said he would like to see Roe vs. Wade overturned.

Subpoena for patient records
In September 2004, Anderson subpoenaed 90 records at Kline's request. The clinics asked the Supreme Court to intervene, which it did, sending the case back to Anderson.

Anderson issued a three-page order Thursday, but it did not become public until Monday, when AP obtained a copy from its attorney. The issue of openness arose May 5, when an AP reporter attended a hearing Anderson had presumed would be closed.

Although the dispute between Kline and the clinics has generated national attention and the Supreme Court ruling, Anderson still is presiding over what state law calls an inquisition, in which a prosecutor can compel people to answer questions or produce records.

“The court recognizes there are significant intractable political features inherent in this proceeding,” Anderson wrote. “Neither the investigating law enforcement officer nor any other person subject to the jurisdiction of the court will be permitted to turn the investigation into a means to shape public opinion about abortion policy.”

‘Exploded’ notion of secrecy
Both Kline’s office and an attorney for the clinics declined to release the arguments they had filed, in keeping with a gag order Anderson filed earlier in the case.

Both argued Friday that proceedings should remain closed, which is typical for inquisitions. But Mike Merriam, a Topeka attorney representing the news organizations, wrote in arguments he filed that the Supreme Court's ruling in February “exploded” the notion of keeping proceedings secret.

“While secrecy seems to be the byword of this case, there is in fact nothing in the inquisition statutes that mandates such secrecy, or indeed even mentions it,” Merriam wrote. “There is no law requiring criminal investigations in general to be secret.”
Phill's a good friend of mine, and he is no fascist! If children are being raped and impregnated by their father, brother, or uncle, someone should be held accountable--don't you think? I know this could end up getting you jailed, but so be it!

post #94 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ah yes, you fellows have those poor raped women's best interest at heart - that's why you want to deny women the right to chose. Isn't it odd that you big hearted fellows want to ferret out all those crime victims while making public the names of ordinary women who have abortions?
post #95 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 07:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvining
Ah yes, you fellows have those poor raped women's best interest at heart - that's why you want to deny women the right to chose. Isn't it odd that you big hearted fellows want to ferret out all those crime victims while making public the names of ordinary women who have abortions?
No one's name/s would be revealed, not even those who "choose" to kill their babies.

post #96 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Premium Member

Date registered: Jan 2006
Vehicle: Nice, Fast, Luxurious.
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Premium Member
Talking What's wrong with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
The bottom line is that GW ... Not only does he want to spend my money, he wants to tell me how to live my life as well.
Your wife--if you're married--does the same thing.

Mi$ter Right.
post #97 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 07:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
No magic to it: Only the very best people are Republican's--like this lovely young lady. I'm sure they are Republican!
Jayhawk,
If you consider the very best people are Republicans, please look at our current Administrations. If those are the very best, I fear for the future of this country. And I feel sorry for the next generation.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #98 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 07:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Jayhawk,
If you consider the very best people are Republicans, please look at our current Administrations. If those are the very best, I fear for the future of this country. And I feel sorry for the next generation.
They are not only the very best, history will put them on a very high pedistal relative to past admin's. Time will prove me right!

post #99 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 07:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Can't wait for that day.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #100 of 106 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 07:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Can't wait for that day.
It's cumming...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in