BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1984 300D Turbo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBZER
..MMMMMM...peanuts & coke !! Does it get any better???

ha i remember people express - they gave you squat.. but
BYOB was de rigeur... actually was a pretty good party plane!

1984 300D Turbo - 231k.. son's car now... totalled 11/30/07 RIP

send lawyers, guns, & money...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 09:30 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1985 300 SD
You don't have to fly 16 times to get the free flight, you just need 16 credits.

I get a free flight after about 3 trips. Book online with a business account, roll in your rental car and hotels and you will get there quick. I'm sitting on 3 round trip vouchers right now and should have a 4th in another couple of weeks.

I didn't know that Southwest was allowing you to use your Rapid Rewards to get to Hawaii yet -- I thought that they only got there by using a partner carrier---I'll have to check into that.
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 09:34 AM
BenzWorld Member

Manchester is a good airport -- although I haven't been there in about a year. I understand that they are really pushing for some of the Boston business. I was in Providence last week and they were MUCH more crowded than I had ever seen it before.

Orlando sucks butt in the middle. Far too many screaming kids all coked up on candy & the anticipation of seeing Mickey Rat along with an endless slew of parents that think that counting to 3 is appropriate dicipline.
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 09:51 AM
YourOwnPersonalDemocrat

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Jon
You don't have to fly 16 times to get the free flight, you just need 16 credits.

I get a free flight after about 3 trips. Book online with a business account, roll in your rental car and hotels and you will get there quick. I'm sitting on 3 round trip vouchers right now and should have a 4th in another couple of weeks.

I didn't know that Southwest was allowing you to use your Rapid Rewards to get to Hawaii yet -- I thought that they only got there by using a partner carrier---I'll have to check into that.
You have to fly ATA Airlines to get to Hawaii, change planes and carrier in Phoenix.

Avis, who I use all the time, doesn't offer SW credits, what rental car company are you using? Hotel? I was also under the impression that extra credits for booking online was discontinued.

I haven't actually tried to use the voucher for Hawaii, I'm going there on business this week, not pleasure - I was going to try to use a voucher to fatten my wallet a little, since it costs over a grand for the round trip, I'll let you know how that works out. Since you change to ATA in Phoenix, I am assuming you can at least use them to underwrite that portion of the flight.
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 10:21 AM
BenzWorld Member

I use Hertz mostly, but also Enterprise, Budget, and Alamo - just depends on the rates/locations. I usually try to find a nice Comfort Inn hotel to stay in. They are not too bad (and believe me, I have stayed in some BAD hotels) and most include a decent breakfast. Lately, I have been getting them to apply my stay to my Choice Awards account because they are running their stay 2 times, get a free night offer again.

With our SwaBiz account, I am still getting at least 2 credits per trip (4 for round trip) and sometimes they run promotions where I get 3 per trip (6 per round trip).

I'm sure that Southwest will either be buying out ATA in the near future, or just opening up their own lane to Hawaii. Southwest is way too popular and profitable of a carrier not to be growing - just look at how they have expanded over the past couple of years while those around them are bankrupting. My guess is that if/when either of these happen, you will be able to use Rapid Rewards to get to Hawaii, but it will cost you 2 of them to do it. ///Just my speculation.
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 10:54 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 560/sel/sec/Jag XJS
Quote:

You sound like a full blowen heart attack waiting to happen.

post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 11:50 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: ABCLOSING
Quote:
First of all, you will want to use their online check-in. You can do this 24 hours before your flight and you need to do this as early as possible to ensure that you are in the "A" boarding group (they have "A, B, & C" groups and they board the plane in that order). At the gate, you will line up with everyone else according to your boarding letter. Once you board the plane, it is first come, first served seating.

They preboard folks with children, the elderly, and those needing special attention. These folks usually take up the first couple of rows. I always HOPE that the ones travelling with kids sit up front.

The first professional traveller in the "A" line will most likely grab the window seat behind the exit row on the starboard side. This position does not have a seat in front of it, so it offers a tremendous amount of leg room. You can get this spot, but it will mean that you will have to be one of the first ones in the "A" line - meaning that you will have to stand in that boarding line for 30 or 45 minutes (and that is assuming that there is not going to be anyone already on the plane when you board). I never try for this seat - it's just not worth it to me since I don't have long legs.

The seat you want - and can realistically expect to get - is 17-A. Trust me on this one. I have sat in every seat on a Southwest jet and this one is the best. It seems like just a random seat, so nobody looks for it. The way that the windows are scalloped can be a total pain in the ass, or shoulder to be more accurate. On 17-A, the window is positioned perfectly so that your shoulder fits right into the opening which gives you several extra inches of space. Plus, your head can rest on the side wall if you plan on sleeping during the flight. Also, this seat is behind the engines so you are far enough back to be away from the screaming kids in the front and the white noise helps to drown the rest of them out.
Captai Jon is exactly right, all the way down to getting online boarding pass A 24 hours before.
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 11:50 AM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourOwnPersonalDemocrat
hey, they're throwing in a pack of crackers now too!

post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 12:09 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBZER
You sound like a full blowen heart attack waiting to happen.

Just sitting here eating pork rinds dipped in crisco, power chugging Red Bulls, and chain smoking non filtered Camels while screaming at the top of my lungs at the incompetent yard crew that is trying to mow the lawn.
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 12:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
you need some illegals, they know how to work man. :P

in political asylum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in