Porsche Question - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 05:11 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
RE: Porsche Question

Quote:
deathrattle - 4/17/2006 5:59 PM

^^^^^
I presume you refer to Porsche's patented self-replenishing under body corrosion resistance system?[:D]
Yes, similar in description to a home listed with a "seasonal pond", only to find out later that it was built on a flood plain.[:0]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 05:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to iNeon Send a message via MSN to iNeon Send a message via Yahoo to iNeon

shane-- i think maybe he was pointing out that a ghia can be as sexy as a porsche, it can be made to go just as quickly as a vintage model and has less things to go wrong accessorywise?

ive always had a vw as long as ive been driving-- aspire to add an old air cooled porsche as well.

maybe, too he was pointing out that 25 grand buys one hell of a vintage ghia- something that can only appreciate in value-- not depreciate like a 2000 model boxter.

id go for the older models of whatever and just keep a modern econocar around for reliability/efficiency. it seems to be the best route to go for anyone that has somewhat limited funds.

This signature removed to protect the innocent.
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 05:21 PM
worst mod in BW history

Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Lifetime Premium Member

I like Karmann Ghia's except for the name. Karmann sounds like Carmen, which to the operatic ignorant sounds Mexican, and Mexican people are bad cuz there takin all our jobbs.

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 09:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 560/sel/sec/Jag XJS

Quote:
snips - 4/17/2006 3:30 PM

Who cares if it's a money pit? You're out there in your car having a good time. Cars are the second most expensive thing you'll own and it's for a damn good reason.

If you expect a sports car to be reliable you really know nothing about cars.

Here ya go...your perfect "out there in your own car"..

post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 10:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: 1988 560SEL sold:

Quote:
snips - 4/17/2006 6:30 PM

Cars are the second most expensive thing you'll own and it's for a damn good reason.

I'm thinking what is the most expensive thing to own; a house or a woman?

Any thoughts or did I miss something else?

馬鹿は死ななきゃ治らない。

post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 10:43 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)

Quote:
deathrattle - 4/17/2006 3:45 PM

Quote:
Shane - 4/18/2006 9:08 PM

Quote:
deathrattle - 4/17/2006 1:32 PM

Quote:
Shane - 4/17/2006 6:55 PM

Quote:
MLBULL - 4/17/2006 10:08 AM

I am contemplating purchasing an older Porsche. I don't want to spend more than $25,000. Does anybody have any experience with these cars?, i.e. a Boxster from 2000 - 2003, or an older 911? How do they hold up?

I have not really done too much research, just the beginning steps. Any thoughts?
Don't! 911 mystique is undeserved! I had a very low mile 944 Turbo that was VERY problematic. I had a very low mile 928S4 that was problematic. Everyone told me the 911's are best and give up on the front engine porsche shit, so I bought a new 911 cab in '95 and it was problematic. You see a trend here?

As far as I am concerned a Ferrari is not much worse than this VW built shit. And yes VW and porsche are and have always been joined at the hip. Like the difference between toyota and Lexus. So just buy the Italian trash cause you know it is gonna suck, but the bitches and kiddos think it is much cooler than the porsche and you will like the silly status.

Otherwise just buy a used Lexus SC400 or SL600 and don't fall for the "legend" of the 911 as it is for suckers.
Your emotional outburst is not backed up by the vast weight of statistics relating to 911 reliability and customer satisfaction.

Oh I am sorry, I did not realize I should weigh more gravitas toward GENERALIZED SURVEYS than my own FUCKING EXPERIENCES with porsche/vw! Come to think of it that really doesn't make sense!

Maybe my problem is I am a perfectionist and having to replace rack and pinions, water pumps, window lifts, engine mounts, a/c compressors, sunroof motors on porsches less than 4 years old, with less than 30k miles, and in #1 award winning in class porsche club concours (all 3 I had) is just asking for too damn much. Then again after owning a mercedes or lexus it seems positively ludicrous when other makes are so much more reliable.

Porsche=Poseur

Many of the parts you mention above are not manufactured by Porsche-window lifts,a/c comps.,sunroof motors and your own FUCKING EXPERIENCES with three individual cars is not exactly a representitive sample is it now?
So the part gets an ok if it fails and it was not engineered by porsche/vw men in little white lab coats with funny names on their lapels while drinking nasty dark beer and watching Dr. Srangelove for the 53rd time and still not getting it? Uh, mkay. This defense used to work on busted CEO's who cooked the books but now....

3 cars is represenative enough for me, sport. So are all the magazine long term tests of the Boxster in which they loved it even though it was in the shop literally 3 times more than a Lexus. Maybe you DESERVE a porsche?
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 11:08 PM
BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Naomilla2.0 - 4/18/2006 12:33 AM

Quote:
snips - 4/17/2006 6:30 PM

Cars are the second most expensive thing you'll own and it's for a damn good reason.

I'm thinking what is the most expensive thing to own; a house or a woman?

Any thoughts or did I miss something else?
A very fat dog.

post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 11:19 PM
worst mod in BW history

Lifetime Premium Member

That doggy has an eating disorder.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in