Porsche Question - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 11:43 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to iNeon Send a message via MSN to iNeon Send a message via Yahoo to iNeon
RE: Porsche Question

OMG, deathrattle! Shlomo needed rear swaybar bushings once and they were $14.00 *each* [:p]

I don't know how they expect anyone to drive a car so expensive to fix as a 240D, I mean.... gah.. [V][:p]

This signature removed to protect the innocent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 11:46 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 560/sel/sec/Jag XJS

Hay Bull.....instead of blowen off $25,000 on a money pit...address the real problem...& look into penis enlargement.

(good advice 4 D-rattle as well

AHHAHAHHAHAHA

post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 11:55 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)

Quote:
MLBULL - 4/17/2006 10:08 AM

I am contemplating purchasing an older Porsche. I don't want to spend more than $25,000. Does anybody have any experience with these cars?, i.e. a Boxster from 2000 - 2003, or an older 911? How do they hold up?

I have not really done too much research, just the beginning steps. Any thoughts?
Don't! 911 mystique is undeserved! I had a very low mile 944 Turbo that was VERY problematic. I had a very low mile 928S4 that was problematic. Everyone told me the 911's are best and give up on the front engine porsche shit, so I bought a new 911 cab in '95 and it was problematic. You see a trend here?

As far as I am concerned a Ferrari is not much worse than this VW built shit. And yes VW and porsche are and have always been joined at the hip. Like the difference between toyota and Lexus. So just buy the Italian trash cause you know it is gonna suck, but the bitches and kiddos think it is much cooler than the porsche and you will like the silly status.

Otherwise just buy a used Lexus SC400 or SL600 and don't fall for the "legend" of the 911 as it is for suckers.
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 12:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Can't argue with longevity..
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 12:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
Send a message via AIM to iNeon Send a message via MSN to iNeon Send a message via Yahoo to iNeon

Such common taste, mbzer; can you not think of a better Volkswagen than such a humdrum 'modded' Ghia?

Behold, my child-- The best VeeDub of all time:

This signature removed to protect the innocent.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 12:23 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Aug 2002

Porsches are excellent cars, the 911 is the longest production model in history, in fact one even won Dakar with minimum modifications, bigger tires was the greatest visual mod.
Porsches are about the only high performance car that you can depend as a daily driver and/or grand tour car and make easily the 200K mark, they are built tough like no other and they are no afraid of high RPM's all day long, with more than 33,000 wins in major events is the most successful marquee in the racing world and the bread and butter of GT racers.

I had a couple over the last 5 years, bought them new, the second one was an upgrade, dependable and never a problem, true to the dictum they are good to get you in trouble, my second one spent 7 months in the shop after some spirited driving. Just in case the encounter is what did it in.

The Boxter is an excellent car contrary to what the purists say, anyway by now it has shut their mouths as the car has proven itself, the only drawback is that the earliest Boxters had a 2,7 L engine and it was not a rocket from the starting lane but an excellent all around handler like all Porsches, go for an S model, anyway the speed limit is 70 and if you want to BLVD drag race there is always going to be a bigger gun, so I would not let that kind of silly thing bother me, just find you one with a god service record and enjoy it.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 12:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
iNeon - 4/17/2006 11:17 AM

Such common taste, mbzer; can you not think of a better Volkswagen than such a humdrum 'modded' Ghia?

Behold, my child-- The best VeeDub of all time:

I saw that 1. Thing is...i h8 Rag-tops.They mess up my bangs !!
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 12:25 PM
~BANNED~

Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
MBZER - 4/17/2006 6:46 PM

Hay Bull.....instead of blowen off $25,000 on a money pit...address the real problem...& look into penis enlargement.

(good advice 4 D-rattle as well

AHHAHAHHAHAHA

If my dick was any bigger,I suspect I would be subject to unwarranted and unwanted attention from you.[xx(][^] AHAAAHAAAAHAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHA ETC.

post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 12:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Ur gitten 'ol...took ya an hr to c & reply. HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH

I believe urs IS HUGE....ya prolly have the alias ov Huge Heffner....Britizh style !!!

H0w do you not walk on >"IT"< ????

post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 12:32 PM
~BANNED~

Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Shane - 4/17/2006 6:55 PM

Quote:
MLBULL - 4/17/2006 10:08 AM

I am contemplating purchasing an older Porsche. I don't want to spend more than $25,000. Does anybody have any experience with these cars?, i.e. a Boxster from 2000 - 2003, or an older 911? How do they hold up?

I have not really done too much research, just the beginning steps. Any thoughts?
Don't! 911 mystique is undeserved! I had a very low mile 944 Turbo that was VERY problematic. I had a very low mile 928S4 that was problematic. Everyone told me the 911's are best and give up on the front engine porsche shit, so I bought a new 911 cab in '95 and it was problematic. You see a trend here?

As far as I am concerned a Ferrari is not much worse than this VW built shit. And yes VW and porsche are and have always been joined at the hip. Like the difference between toyota and Lexus. So just buy the Italian trash cause you know it is gonna suck, but the bitches and kiddos think it is much cooler than the porsche and you will like the silly status.

Otherwise just buy a used Lexus SC400 or SL600 and don't fall for the "legend" of the 911 as it is for suckers.
Your emotional outburst is not backed up by the vast weight of statistics relating to 911 reliability and customer satisfaction.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in