Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ann Coulter likes Dick

"Her" own!

http://www.pageoneq.com/news/2006/coulter_041306.html

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 12:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 560/sel/sec/Jag XJS
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Ann Coulter likes Dick

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 12:44 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2003
Vehicle: 1959 220s Cabriolet

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 03:24 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Feb 2004
Vehicle: 02 ML 320

LOL
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 04:52 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)

I think she has found herself with this new book...

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 08:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 560/sel/sec/Jag XJS

Ann Coulter should not be given the time of day by any progressive, and should only rarely be spoken of, for the simple fact that she means very little. This idea may seem surprising since she sells many books, etc. But as far as political ideas or policy ideas she has never advocated anything but the most obvious party line, and is in that sense redundant. Secondly she changes the mind of no one. Third she may give right wingers confidence by deriding progressive causes, etc., but there have always been people like that, and they are completely interchangeable.

Lastly, besides writing some books she is quite unaccomplished. I don't know where the idea came from that she is supposed to be smart; I've never even heard a conservative make this claim. She has never served in public life or been in real journalism. Heck Rush Limbaugh has had to keep a daily talk show afloat for over a decade, that's at least something. The point is, she has almost nothing real to her name, except she's written a few books (books for which she obviously didn't need to have a basic knowledge of contemporary American history). This is why she and her ilk love to become lighting rods. That at least separates you from the crowd of shrill hacks. O'Reilly spends half of some shows talking about his own personal troubles, how his character is being assassinated, etc. It gets to the point where it's not even about politics anymore, but rather about the pundit herself. Ever wonder why the most worthless warrior is the one signing up for suidice missions? Sure, because the generals have the power and they don't want to sign up. But also because the peon gets glory in no other way. Any news--even when she comes off as a fool--is good news for Ann Coulter. This puts her in a different company from almost every other famous conservative you've heard of. Which makes her even unworthy of the dislike you reserve for those bad public figures who actually matter.

Some people on the left feel as if they must stay and listen if they catch Coulter on Fox as they're flipping through the channels. "I want to hear what the other side has to say" they reason. But Ann Coulter is not "the other side". The other side is George Will, David Brooks, Buckley, Milton Friedman, Hayek, Kirk, etc. Coulter has nothing new, nothing challenging, nothing you've haven't heard before. You'll never get those fifteen mintutes of your life back. Please do, change the channel, I beg you.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 10:20 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

hahahaha

in political asylum
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 10:27 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2005

Just like kvining
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 07:58 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Did somebody say, "Coulter"?

BROWN IS THE NEW BLACK
April 12, 2006

This is the only country on Earth that thinks it's not sporting to consider our own interests in choosing immigrants. Try showing up in any other country on the planet, illiterate and penniless, and announcing: "I've seen pictures of your country and it looks great. I think I'd like to live here! Oh, and by the way, would you mind changing all your government and business phone messages, street signs and ballots into my native language? Thanks!" They would laugh you out of the country.

What seems not to have occurred to the "NO HUMAN BEING IS ILLEGAL" crowd is that this is a country, not a public park.

There are more than 6 billion people in the world, many of whom apparently like the idea of living in the wealthiest democracy on Earth. But if the billions of people of the world did live here, it wouldn't be "here" anymore. America is special for a reason that must transcend the right to vote — or everyone would be trying to immigrate to Iraq right now.

America has a seller's market in immigration, but thanks to Teddy Kennedy's 1965 immigration law, we no longer favor skilled workers from developed nations, but instead favor unskilled immigrants from the Third World. Kennedy's bill promptly cut the number of European immigrants in half and increased Third World immigrants to 85 percent of the total.

Not surprisingly, post-1965 immigrants have sharply higher levels of poverty and welfare dependence. Europeans may not seem like ideal new immigrants, but the truth is, if what they want is welfare, they'll stay in France.

It's as if we've got the last Xbox 360s available on Christmas Eve and instead of doubling the price, we're entertaining low-ball offers. Or more accurately, we're paying our customers to take the darn things off our hands — and the customers are still indignant with us.

On CNN's "Lou Dobbs Tonight" on Monday, Dobbs was interviewing Nativo Lopez, president of the Mexican-American Political Association about his demand for "full immediate, unconditional legalization for all persons currently in the United States."

Dobbs posed this innocuous question about Lopez's planned boycott, "You're talking about a boycott of all illegal aliens in this country?"

Lopez exploded: "Well, first off, I refute your terminology. You don't say 'kike,' 'patty,' 'WOP,' OK. You don't say "nigger"! ... You're using language that's offensive to me and offensive to my people! ... You pollute the air every day, Dobbs. ... That language is offensive, it's derogatory, it's denigrating, and don't use that terminology to me again, referring to my people!"

Dobbs eventually ended Lopez's Tourette's episode by calmly asking him what he expected the impact of the boycott to be.

An hour later on MSNBC's "Hardball," Dave Rodriguez, of the League of United Latin American Citizens, leapt in to denounce Rep. Tom Tancredo for using the word "amnesty." He said: "There isn't any such thing as amnesty in this law. I don't understand what this debate is. That's your own terminology on it ..."

Bank robbers and drug dealers ought to start claiming that the words "bank robber" and "drug dealer" are akin to the N-word. They could accuse lawmakers of "criminalizing felonies" and claim they don't understand what the word "jailbreak" means.

At the same time on CNN's "The Situation Room," Maria Elena Salinas, an anchor at Univision, was informing Wolf Blitzer that "all Hispanics feel offended by what has been going on, by the rhetoric, the level of the negativity that you hear coming out of Capitol Hill and also on some television stations and by some journalists."

So it's really more like we've got the last Xbox 360s available on Christmas Eve and the customers are not only demanding money to take the hottest sales item off our hands, but are verbally abusing us and acting petulant. I'm offended that you would even think about asking me to pay for the Xbox 360! You say it has a "20 GB detachable hard drive"? Well, would you use the word "kike"?

As hardworking as illegal immigrants are when they come here, they are immediately demagogued by liberals into adopting the victimhood pose so popular on college campuses. Everybody wants to act like his ancestors were brought here on slave ships.

Consider this e-mail from Michele Waslin, La Raza's director of Immigration Policy Research, to her members denouncing Sen. Lamar Alexander's proposal to provide government grants to immigrants who want to learn English and American history and to organizations offering those courses. (I'd be happy with a law that simply trained new immigrants not to be "offended" all the time.)

Even though this potentially meant free money for La Raza, Waslin — of the Guadalajara Waslins — ominously warned that while the amendment "doesn't overtly mention assimilation, it is very strong on the patriotism and traditional American values language in a way which is potentially dangerous to our communities."

Meanwhile, Americans aren't allowed to consider whether millions of immigrants refusing to learn English and American history is "potentially dangerous to our communities." Here, please — we'll pay you, just take the whole Xbox 360 factory.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in