a teeth question - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 09:59 AM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
RE: a teeth question

I've told this before but my childhood dentist Dr Lewis was a true sadist who told me if I cried, he would call the police on me. A real evil fucker who's notice of death came years later by way of a 4x6 postcard in the mail which I hung right next to my Krokus poster.
For ten years I bounced from dentist to dentist until I went to my wifes childhood friend who graduated Northwestern. What a contrast. A funny guy with amazing talent. He recreated a tooth from one shard after Lewis' handiwork fell apart. All painless and hot dental assistants to boot. The bastard sold his business now so I think I'll just let my gums fester.
I guess my point is find a great dentist. Soory for my indulgence. [:I]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 10:08 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 2006 SLK350
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Botnst - 4/14/2006 10:33 AM

Quote:
felkhound - 4/14/2006 10:41 AM

I have two crowns. One required a root canal, the other did not.
There is not enough nitrous made to keep a root canal from hurting. I had maxed out on the lidocaine, and the nitrous had me floating near the ceiling, and it still was a difficult experience for me.
Can you get that without the tooth thingy?
Sure, just date the ugly dental techs....there usually desperate for attention & they'll look better after a few snorts.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 10:09 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
ThrillKill - 4/14/2006 11:59 AM

I've told this before but my childhood dentist Dr Lewis was a true sadist who told me if I cried, he would call the police on me. A real evil fucker who's notice of death came years later by way of a 4x6 postcard in the mail which I hung right next to my Krokus poster.
For ten years I bounced from dentist to dentist until I went to my wifes childhood friend who graduated Northwestern. What a contrast. A funny guy with amazing talent. He recreated a tooth from one shard after Lewis' handiwork fell apart. All painless and hot dental assistants to boot. The bastard sold his business now so I think I'll just let my gums fester.
My experience as a child suffering under military dentists as they fullfilled their draft or educational obligations was like that. Freaking sadistic incompetent bastards.

As a result, a whining Dremel gives me the chills.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 10:24 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: 1988 560SEL sold:

My childhood dentist was Dr. Szell.

"Is it safe?... Is it safe? IS IT SAFE?"

馬鹿は死ななきゃ治らない。

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 11:26 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
Naomilla2.0 - 4/14/2006 12:24 PM

My childhood dentist was Dr. Szell.

"Is it safe?... Is it safe? IS IT SAFE?"

Yeah, I had his protege.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 11:48 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Aug 2002

If the decay is too deep is better to get the root canal now as it can cause problems later on even with a crown as there is to little tooth material protecting the nerves, there is no need to remove a crown to perform a root canal since the dentist can drill thru the crown, decay can occur with a crown, that is why is important to go to a good dentist who can seal the crown with a gold seal and prevent bacteria from working it way under the crown, then you will have a cavity going under the crown, it wont be visible, the first clue will be pain from an abscess, an abscessed tooth will be unresponsive to Novocain and any procedure will hurt, first the abscess will have to be dealt with by antibiotics or drainage
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 11:50 AM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Botnst - 4/14/2006 11:09 AM

Quote:
ThrillKill - 4/14/2006 11:59 AM

My experience as a child suffering under military dentists as they fullfilled their draft or educational obligations was like that. Freaking sadistic incompetent bastards.

As a result, a whining Dremel gives me the chills.
I forget to mention he was Old, Blood & Guts Patton's dentist during the war. Seriously, I could not make that up.

post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jun 2005
Vehicle: 2016 C300 4MATIC
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Andrew - 4/14/2006 1:48 PM
If the decay is too deep is better to get the root canal now as it can cause problems later on even with a crown as there is to little tooth material protecting the nerves, there is no need to remove a crown to perform a root canal since the dentist can drill thru the crown, decay can occur with a crown, that is why is important to go to a good dentist who can seal the crown with a gold seal and prevent bacteria from working it way under the crown, then you will have a cavity going under the crown, it wont be visible, the first clue will be pain from an abscess, an abscessed tooth will be unresponsive to Novocain and any procedure will hurt, first the abscess will have to be dealt with by antibiotics or drainage
Thanks Andrew. That tooth is not bothering me right now. It's just that the fillings keeps coming off and he suggests crowning it to fix it once and for all. It's not infected or anything. I guest it's preventative measure. But thanks for informing me of the pain from an abscess. That would be horrible. Put if this way, the dentist is one of the least favourite person I'd like to see.

Past ride:
2005 C230 Komp; 2008 BMW 335xi; 2012 C350 4MATIC
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 12:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
felkhound - 4/14/2006 10:41 AM

I have two crowns. One required a root canal, the other did not.
There is not enough nitrous made to keep a root canal from hurting. I had maxed out on the lidocaine, and the nitrous had me floating near the ceiling, and it still was a difficult experience for me.
Maybe I have hight pain tolerance. I nearly doze off having my root canal done. I found keeping my mouth open for an extended period is more annoying. Then again, I had lot of dental work and gum surgeries over the years.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 01:35 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I had just one root canal/crown due to breaking a molar.When the dentist described what he had to do,I felt decidedly queasy and opted for the IV sedation option.I honestly don't remember a thing about it after sitting in the chair.The only downside is that you need someone to accompany you,to drive you home and make sure you are not interfered with while you are away with fairies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in