BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Lawyers Say DNA Clears Duke Team

This is beginning to look like another race-card charade. Infuriating!
Duke University has been deep in self-flagellation ever since the accusation was first made...

April 11, 2006
Lawyers for Duke Players Say DNA Clears Team
By DUFF WILSON and JULIET MACUR

DURHAM, N.C., April 10 — Results of DNA tests on 46 Duke lacrosse players were released on Monday, and lawyers for the players said the tests failed to link them to the woman who accused them of raping her at an off-campus party last month.

The lawyers said that none of the players' DNA was found on the woman, on any of her clothing or possessions, or under artificial fingernails that were found by the police. They said the rape accusation was false and based on the testimony of the one woman, who is a 27-year-old college student, a mother of two and an exotic dancer. She had been hired to perform at an off-campus party held by members of the men's lacrosse team on the night of March 13.

The lawyers, who received the DNA results Monday afternoon, asked the Durham County district attorney to drop the case.

The case has raised issues of race, class and sex in Durham and in the Duke community. The woman, who is black, said she had been raped by three white students and that some players shouted racial insults.

The district attorney, Michael B. Nifong, initially declined to comment on the DNA results. Later Monday, The News and Observer of Raleigh, N.C., reported that Nifong did not dispute the lawyers' account of the results but said he had faith in the accuser's account and would continue investigating.

...Nifong received the DNA results by fax around 4 p.m. from the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation laboratory in Raleigh.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 05:37 AM
Premium Member

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: ML430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to ttaleric
RE: Lawyers Say DNA Clears Duke Team

Hate that this happend. They were innocent, except for the one that sent the Email.. he needs to be locked away.

1996 C220 SOLD
1999 ML430 SOLD
09 Nissan Titan 4x4 LE SOLD
12 F150 4x4 FX4
12 Ducati Streetfighter (street)
07 Yamaha R6 (track)
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 05:49 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430

Quote:
ttaleric - 4/11/2006 7:37 AM

Hate that this happend. They were innocent, except for the one that sent the Email.. he needs to be locked away.
Why should the guy that sent the email be locked away? What crime did he commit? Last time I checked in the US we had a little something called freedom of speech. Sure he said some stupid things in his email but if he takes no action on the statement then let it be.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 06:02 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)

Agreed. Poor judgment, and scary too, but not a crime, especially since it was a private email.

Now what was apparently done to Duke & the LAX team, that's a crime.

-----------------------------

PS to DR: We spell 'judgment' this way in the US.
We foul lots of things up you know [8D]

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 06:19 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430

Quote:
Marsden - 4/11/2006 8:02 AM

Agreed. Poor judgment, and scary too, but not a crime, especially since it was a private email.

Now what was apparently done to Duke & the LAX team, that's a crime.
I hope the prosecute her.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 06:26 AM
Premium Member

Premium Member

Quote:
430 - 4/11/2006 7:49 AM

Quote:
ttaleric - 4/11/2006 7:37 AM

Why should the guy that sent the email be locked away? What crime did he commit? Last time I checked in the US we had a little something called freedom of speech. Sure he said some stupid things in his email but if he takes no action on the statement then let it be.
In no means was I serious about him being locked away. He needs help that is for sure. Talking about how he is going to skin somebody, not cool.

This girl has ruined the way people are going to look at Duke Athletics. I am sure already people are saying that the LAX Duke Parents paid off the SBI to get their babies off.

Even if this did happen which i am so glad it did not. You have to look at this girl’s profession, she was an entertainer. She gets paid to take off her clothes and shake some ass. I am not saying anything bad about her job, but she needs to realize she is in a position that this could happen. I am not sure why the community is so pissed off about this. If a white girl was walking in Durham and 3 black guys decided to kidnap her and rape her, do you think it would even make it to the 10 o’clock news? I honestly don't think so.

Sorry for the rant.

1996 C220 SOLD
1999 ML430 SOLD
12 F150 4x4 FX4
07 Yamaha R6 (track)
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 07:04 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: 1988 560SEL sold:

Quote:
ttaleric - 4/11/2006 8:26 AM

Even if this did happen which i am so glad it did not. You have to look at this girl’s profession, she was an entertainer. She gets paid to take off her clothes and shake some ass. I am not saying anything bad about her job, but she needs to realize she is in a position that this could happen. I am not sure why the community is so pissed off about this. If a white girl was walking in Durham and 3 black guys decided to kidnap her and rape her, do you think it would even make it to the 10 o’clock news? I honestly don't think so.

Sorry for the rant.
whoa easy there.
remember this one?

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/foru...251966&posts=8

I know it hits close to home (literally) and you're emotional and all that which makes you post something that you really don't mean from the bottom of your heart - but a take a moment to gather your thoughts before you initiate your rant mode [;)]

OTOH, please let me know what you had for breakfast and or what kind of coffee you drank; I'd love to be off to a fast start like that.

馬鹿は死ななきゃ治らない。

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 07:19 AM
Premium Member

Premium Member

Quote:
Naomilla2.0 - 4/11/2006 9:04 AM

whoa easy there.
remember this one?

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/foru...251966&posts=8

I know it hits close to home (literally) and you're emotional and all that which makes you post something that you really don't mean from the bottom of your heart - but a take a moment to gather your thoughts before you initiate your rant mode [;)]

OTOH, please let me know what you had for breakfast and or what kind of coffee you drank; I'd love to be off to a fast start like that.
Yeah I remember that one, that one i was a bit more pissed off. This one i could careless about. Just sort of a PITA to read / hear about it all the time. Being a Student athlete (use to be) I understand the pressure these kids already had before all this crap happened. But if you read my first sentence...

Quote:
Even if this did happen which i am so glad it did not.
I am so very happy this did not happen (from the given evidence it has not).

But I honestly still feel this way..

Quote:
If a white girl was walking in Durham and 3 black guys decided to kidnap her and rape her, do you think it would even make it to the 10 o’clock news? I honestly don't think so.
Sorry if that seems harsh (i assume that is what you are saying the whoa to) but this type of thing happens all the time in the Durham area, only time you hear about it is when the person disappears.

I drink water and have a pop tart.

1996 C220 SOLD
1999 ML430 SOLD
12 F150 4x4 FX4
07 Yamaha R6 (track)
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 07:41 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: w140 500 sel

Another poke in the eye for freedom of speech , now we have to think before we say something dumb arse .[;)]
Attached Images

Die Krankensalbung
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 07:49 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: 1988 560SEL sold:

Quote:
BUD SKINNA - 4/11/2006 9:41 AM

Another poke in the eye for freedom of speech , now we have to think before we say something dumb arse .[;)]
"Fuck You!"

(aside) "oops, I forgot to think"
(proceed up-stage, with back to the audience, make dramatic eye-poking gesture as in Oedipus Rex) [;)]

馬鹿は死ななきゃ治らない。

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in