BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: '09 B200, '05 Smart
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
RE: Tom Delay Calls It Quits After Sidekick Sings

Quote:
GMISBEST. - 4/4/2006 9:03 AM

We must fight fire with fire, let Jesus do his work.
We fought fire with fire for a thousand years - we called it the inquisitions and the crusades.

Why don't we just go back to those glorious days.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 07:11 AM
GMISBEST.

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

Quote:
Botnst - 4/4/2006 8:58 AM

Quote:
kvining - 4/4/2006 12:28 AM

I live in Tom Delay's district. I've been to a couple of his local "townhall" meetings. I hate the bastard. He jerrymandered a decent guy, Nick Lampson, out of his seat and me out of decent congressman. Delay's diehard supporters are totally wacked out religious nutcases, and that was getting harder and harder to hide from the moderates and democrats in his district. Between that and his legal problems, he was on his way to losing to guess who? Nick Lampson. Justice is sweet.
My baby brother, a conservative Republican, is in your district. When he moved there he thought it would be fun to get involved in politics so he showed-up at a Repo event. I guess this was mid-90's.

he said it was the most gawdawful depressing, disenchanting thing. He had this idealized view of politics in which ideas prevail. Like you, he said that the majority of the crowd were religious zealots. He saw the truth and he didn't like it. It didn't make him a Democrat, but it coaxed him over to the conservative-libertarian zone. I haven't heard from him concerning this latest Delay delay, but I'd guess it will be a hearty good riddance.

B
Your little brother needs to come back to the bosom of righteousness. He and you need to get off that sissy pants attitude and accept the right way of buidling a powerful party for the ages to recon with. No one can accomplish true aim by doubting the message of Jesus in our daily lives. It must be incorporated in every breath we take, in every thought we compose and in every word we utter. We need to achive greatness by letting God dictate not us feable humans dictate to God. God gave us this planet so we can worship him and turn every stone to find any spirit willing or unwilling to listen. It is our duty to spread the meassage so there must be one voice, there must be one message, we can waiver.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 07:46 AM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

When a congressman, Republican or Democrat, compromises his trust, no matter his proclammation of innocence, should relinquish the helm to a captain better deserving of respect from his peers. he should have quit a long time ago.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 2004 CL500 2008 ML320CDI
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

I agree, Cmitch! When Newt and the boys came up with their Contract on [I mean "with"] America, they were the "out" party and tried to get the rotten Dems in line. Suddenly they were the "ins" and the trough could not be filled fast enough. Most of these politicans - whatever party - have zero morals and no sense of responsibility and simply spend every waking minute trying to get re-elected. It's a sham and a mockery!

"Someday you will die somehow and something's gonna steal your carbon."
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 12:24 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Many

Most of these career politicians are among the lowest forms of animal life,don't give a damn about us and our needs,middle class?not anymore,crushing taxes,insurance and outrageous utility and heating bills have effectively quashed their spending power.

Tie'em all to the lampposts and garrotte them,rotten bastards,time for a much needed social revolution to right the egregious wrongs promulgated by these tools of the capitalist bloodsuckers.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 01:11 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '01 C320

Quote:
azimuth - 4/4/2006 12:15 AM

I may owe That Guy a steak after all.
We'll see at some point, but this bet has been going a long time. I noticed after the fact that the charges brought by Ronnie Earle were dropped and then reinstated. Sheesh! When will one of us get to taste the satisfying flavor of victory steak!
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 01:21 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: ABCLOSING

whats going on here jerry.

Attached Images

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 02:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
30-98 - 4/4/2006 2:24 PM

Most of these career politicians are among the lowest forms of animal life,don't give a damn about us and our needs,middle class?not anymore,crushing taxes,insurance and outrageous utility and heating bills have effectively quashed their spending power.

Tie'em all to the lampposts and garrotte them,rotten bastards,time for a much needed social revolution to right the egregious wrongs promulgated by these tools of the capitalist bloodsuckers.
brun them witches i say. [;)]

in political asylum
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 02:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Botnst - 4/4/2006 8:58 AM

Quote:
kvining - 4/4/2006 12:28 AM

I live in Tom Delay's district. I've been to a couple of his local "townhall" meetings. I hate the bastard. He jerrymandered a decent guy, Nick Lampson, out of his seat and me out of decent congressman. Delay's diehard supporters are totally wacked out religious nutcases, and that was getting harder and harder to hide from the moderates and democrats in his district. Between that and his legal problems, he was on his way to losing to guess who? Nick Lampson. Justice is sweet.
My baby brother, a conservative Republican, is in your district. When he moved there he thought it would be fun to get involved in politics so he showed-up at a Repo event. I guess this was mid-90's.

he said it was the most gawdawful depressing, disenchanting thing. He had this idealized view of politics in which ideas prevail. Like you, he said that the majority of the crowd were religious zealots. He saw the truth and he didn't like it. It didn't make him a Democrat, but it coaxed him over to the conservative-libertarian zone. I haven't heard from him concerning this latest Delay delay, but I'd guess it will be a hearty good riddance.

B
The most disgusting thing about Delay's events was the "question and answer" part. No one was allowed to ask Tom a direct question. You had to write it on a piece of paper and put it in a box. His aides then went through the questions to get "a representative sample". They were so rigged it was obvious they had made them all up. Questions were always "Tom, why are activist liberal judges ruining America?" or "Why is the MSM spreading lies about you?" He had a real nasty cadre of Brownshirts, who literally menaced anyone who tried to ask a legitimate question. Things changed dramatically lately, and it's his own damn fault. He swallowed a big chunk of Pasadena's heavily Democrat union precincts and a big chunk of liberal University of Houston at Clearlake neighborhoods, and grabbed NASA, another bastion of liberal scientist types, in order to drown out their votes in his heavily far-right Sugarland bastion. Instead, he started getting really ugly townhall meetings. I went to one he held in Pasadena, and when he started to talking about eliminating Social Security, a bunch of obviously union guys stood up and started chanting "No!" No!". The phony questions were met with heckling and laughter, and it was obvious Delay was extremely uncomfortable. His Brownshits were all turned from their front row seats, trying to cower the raucous crowd with ugly glares. In short, I was having a glorious time. Before it was over, they had a dozen more cops in the room, arms crossed, waiting for action.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 02:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
That Guy - 4/4/2006 3:11 PM

Quote:
azimuth - 4/4/2006 12:15 AM

I may owe That Guy a steak after all.
We'll see at some point, but this bet has been going a long time. I noticed after the fact that the charges brought by Ronnie Earle were dropped and then reinstated. Sheesh! When will one of us get to taste the satisfying flavor of victory steak!
Earle was doing that on purpose - by refiling he forced an appeal that kept it in court long enough for Delay to lose his leadership post.

My feeling is that the Earle charges have become the least of Tom's worries. Abramoff and Tom's chief of staff have plead guilty to felonies, and have both been sentenced to prison. They got time off on their sentences by agreeing to cooperate. Just who would their cooperation relate to? There's only one more fish up the food chain, and he's a whale. My guess is they bribed Delay, and they gave the law the goods. The GOP leadership is probably aware of this, and they pressured him to get out of the race now while they have time to put in another candidate. I just can't see any other explanation.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in