Hundreds protest potential release of converted Muslim. Call for his death. - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 06:23 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hundreds protest potential release of converted Muslim. Call for his death.

Many people are upset that the Muslim that converted may not be killed.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/03/27/afghan.convert/index.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 09:24 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
RE: Hundreds protest potential release of converted Muslim. Call for his death.

Oh, he'll be killed alright. Whether it's Karzai's government or not is the question. Release him, he'll be physically torn apart by the citizens of the moderate democracy we implemented at the barrel of a gun.

OBK #35

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 11:12 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Still waiting.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Botnst - 3/27/2006 1:12 PM

Still waiting.
You will be waiting a long time.

They are just waiting for the issue to go away before they start talking about how wonderful, empowering, and forgiving their religion is.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 02:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
430 - 3/27/2006 1:16 PM

Quote:
Botnst - 3/27/2006 1:12 PM

Still waiting.
You will be waiting a long time.

They are just waiting for the issue to go away before they start talking about how wonderful, empowering, and forgiving their religion is.
The strange silence following an abrupt reality check.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 03:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: '01-E320 & 02-ST2
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Sorry, I'm going to go watch Dr. Sultan's debate again. And the doofus mullah-effer castigating her. She appears intelligent, lucid and logical; he comes off as a psychotic, name-calling jag-off.

Doubtless there are some peace-loving Muslims, but I've never been convinced that it is a peace-loving religion.

I say we have an "anonymous" team go in, extricate the guy and have him disappear. On the other hand, his death as a martyr may do more damage to their extremist viewpoints than they can even begin to imagine. Be a real shame if they decided to show some humanistic compassion all of a sudden.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 05:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Islam is a strange mix. There is no other religion on earth that takes better care of the poor and the sick. There is no other religion on this earth that motivates it's followers to their depth of devotion to their god. And there is no religion on earth that is so mired in Medievalism, sexual phobia and intolerance. I agree, it is a violent religion, because it came from violent origins. But I really don't know if ours is any better - our so-called "Bible believing Christians" cheered and hollered as Bush massacred children in their beds, while they worshipped our factories of death we call our "Armed Forces". Support the troops. Cheer the slaughter. Onward, Christian soldiers. How are we any less violent? We love violence. We love war. It's not just the Muslims, it's us too. At least the Muslims say in black and white that a man will die for this and that - we on the other hand, are shameless hypocrites, led by our Shameless Hypocrite in Chief, who claims to follow Christ as he unleashes an orgy of death and murder across the world. While I am horrified by the behavior of the Muslims, I am sickened at the same time by our own.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 06:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: '01-E320 & 02-ST2
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

C'mon, KV, that's a poor example and there's no reason to reach with such illogic for that point. I understand you despise Bush and don't believe he is legitimately our president and that everything he has done since stealing the election has been a lie or a violation of our Constitution (yeah, there's a little hyperbole here). But like it or not, as a country we invaded Iraq and Afghanistan, and innocent people die during wars and "police actions" or whatever other euphemism is applied.

But Bush didn't invade to impose Christianity (or any other religion) on Iraq (or Afghanistan, for that matter) or to kill people whose only crime was not having the same religious belief as his. And he seems to be happy for folks to believe whatever they want to believe. On the other hand we have a religion whose apparently "truest" believers want dead those who do not share their religious beliefs (and even those of different sects of their religion). Even the staunchest Bushie -- or liberal -- can draw the distinction.

At the same time, I don't know anyone -- of any race, religion, irreligion, creed or gender who cheered at children dying in their beds or even their parents when we invaded Afghanistan or Iraq, or at any time since. I do, however, recall the scenes of middle eastern fanatics cheering when the Twin Towers collapsed, and that was at a time when we weren't doing anything in Iraq or Afghanistan.

I'm not happy we're in Iraq, and I'm even less pleased about all of the instability in the region, which has only increased since our presence there. That said, drawing such extrapolations doesn't do anyone any good.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 06:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
kvining - 3/27/2006 7:35 PM

Islam is a strange mix. There is no other religion on earth that takes better care of the poor and the sick. There is no other religion on this earth that motivates it's followers to their depth of devotion to their god. And there is no religion on earth that is so mired in Medievalism, sexual phobia and intolerance. I agree, it is a violent religion, because it came from violent origins. But I really don't know if ours is any better - our so-called "Bible believing Christians" cheered and hollered as Bush massacred children in their beds, while they worshipped our factories of death we call our "Armed Forces". Support the troops. Cheer the slaughter. Onward, Christian soldiers. How are we any less violent? We love violence. We love war. It's not just the Muslims, it's us too. At least the Muslims say in black and white that a man will die for this and that - we on the other hand, are shameless hypocrites, led by our Shameless Hypocrite in Chief, who claims to follow Christ as he unleashes an orgy of death and murder across the world. While I am horrified by the behavior of the Muslims, I am sickened at the same time by our own.
Dunno about the level of violence. Unless one postulates some sort of genetic differences across nations, we all have the same capacity for violence.

The difference between the USA and most Muslim governments is that we are a secular democracy. Some religious folks cheered the invasion of Iraq as a path to 'Christianizing' the heathen and others are adamantly opposed to what they believe is an immoral war. There is no consensus among religious sects in the USA on this or any other issue, large or small. I think that is in contrast with most Islamic countries that overtly condone killing apostates, beheadings, maimings, beatings of wives and children, and the ever-popular pederasty.

Not all countries with Muslim majorities are so depraved. Some are becoming increasingly modern with secular democracies. But that leaves 3/4 billion others who are not so liberally disposed.

B
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 06:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
gregs210 - 3/27/2006 8:17 PM

C'mon, KV, that's a poor example and there's no reason to reach with such illogic for that point. I understand you despise Bush and don't believe he is legitimately our president and that everything he has done since stealing the election has been a lie or a violation of our Constitution (yeah, there's a little hyperbole here). But like it or not, as a country we invaded Iraq and Afghanistan, and innocent people die during wars and "police actions" or whatever other euphemism is applied.

But Bush didn't invade to impose Christianity (or any other religion) on Iraq (or Afghanistan, for that matter) or to kill people whose only crime was not having the same religious belief as his. And he seems to be happy for folks to believe whatever they want to believe. On the other hand we have a religion whose apparently "truest" believers want dead those who do not share their religious beliefs (and even those of different sects of their religion). Even the staunchest Bushie -- or liberal -- can draw the distinction.

At the same time, I don't know anyone -- of any race, religion, irreligion, creed or gender who cheered at children dying in their beds or even their parents when we invaded Afghanistan or Iraq, or at any time since. I do, however, recall the scenes of middle eastern fanatics cheering when the Twin Towers collapsed, and that was at a time when we weren't doing anything in Iraq or Afghanistan.

I'm not happy we're in Iraq, and I'm even less pleased about all of the instability in the region, which has only increased since our presence there. That said, drawing such extrapolations doesn't do anyone any good.
You miss my point. I never stated we invaded Iraq to impose Christianity - in the first place, we have no idea how to impose Christianity in our own skulls. My point is we have no right to assume some kind of cultural superiority over these people, to portray them as somehow the blood thirsty ones while we pious Christians would never engage in such behavior. But tell me - how is it Christian to use massive military weapons in populated areas, on people who had not attacked us first? The Muslim with his sword chops off a culturally unfortunate dude's head - and I am supposed to be all outraged, frothing in my cultures moral superiority. Yet as our military murders people, I am supposed to cheer them on down at the church house, which by the way, is where most of these idiots get their yellow ribbons. Evangelical Christians are still Bush's most ardent supporters, even this late in the game, when it ought to be obvious to any real Christian that they ought to be on their knees begging their god to forgive them for the incredible orgy of needless slaughter they unleashed on the earth by supporting, and even worse, by doing it unquestionably, this at best misguided and at worse deliberately murderous President. If Christianity is so superior, why did not one of these so called Christian moral leaders stand up and question what we are doing? Why have none stood up and condemned this incredible mistake and utter moral failure? They are silent hypocrites complicent in murder. At least the Muslims don't hide behind the utter depraved hypocrisy of our supposed "Christianity".

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in