F'ing blood sucking Republicans block another attempt to crimanlize illegal aliens. - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 10:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
RE: F'ing blood sucking Republicans block another attempt to crimanlize illegal aliens.

I think her chances are very good. The GOP crazies love Frist. If he gets nominated, she's in, because the guy is a total dope, and he is going to find out the Terry Shiavo is his running mate.

If Guiliani gets nominated, the nominition of a northern liberal will tear the GOP apart, so she still might be in, although Guiliani is in my opinion, the most formidable foe they could throw against her. The odds of a pro-choice Republican getting a nominition passed the GOP Ayatollahs is pretty slim - they want Frist or some other nut case.

I think McCain may be the compromise candidate. He seems to be getting wackier with age, but he might pull enough Dems in to beat Hillary, but I wouldn't be bothered by that, because he's always been a closet Democrat anyway.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 10:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite

RE: F'ing blood sucking Republicans block another attempt to crimanlize illegal aliens.

Quote:
v8crazy - 3/25/2006 10:32 PM

Quote:
Shane - 3/25/2006 7:42 PM

Does anyone have proof (at least something) that illustrates illegal immigrants are seriously degrading the current standard of living for legalized citizens in the USA? I am surrounded nearly everyday by illegals and legal blue collar Americans and to tell you the truth I just do not see a problem yet. Seems everyone in this arena is either holding steady or creeping ahead regarding lifestyle.
I can't say that my standard of living has gone down. Some of them do jobs that I wouldn't touch. The main negative around here is when I read the crime reports in the paper, most times 3 or 4 out of ten have Latino names. That is a lot because they make up at the most around 12 to 15% of our local population.
If they come here legally I have no problem with that. Some people bitch about unemployment but there are good jobs to be found if anyone tries hard enough. If you don't make enough money at your job to survive, do what I did years ago and get two jobs. Just about anyone in this country can make a decent living if they apply themselves and stay focused. If they are too lazy to do that screw them.
I have a hard time buying the whole "Illegal Alien crimewave" argument. My experience with Mexican nationals has been that they are a moral people, many with a better moral foundation thru their deep Catholic faith than most Americans, and that they are here to lay low as much as possible and make money. What I have seen, is that their second generation, who are American citizens, seem to get into trouble and have a lot of gang problems. I don't know if they are corrupted by American culture or are resentful of growing up among the poorest of the poor, but you might want to keep in mind that a lot of those Hispanic names may be of legitamite US citizens.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 03:13 AM
AMSOIL300CDT

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

Quote:
JimSmith - 3/23/2006 9:14 PM

Quote:
Botnst - 3/23/2006 8:32 PM

let's play "Just seepose" in two scenarios.

Just seepose you want to hire somebody to help with your construction contracting business. You want to be a good citizen and follow the rules. You are a decent guy and really want to do what's right. Your business consists of you and your younger brother and about a dozen core employees. You can handle about 2-4 jobs at a time. (I'm using as a model a friend of mine in Mississippi who fits that description).

A new guy shows up at the temp office you've established at the worksite and he claims to be a crackerjack framer. He talks a good game and has his own tools so you decide to hire him (and work with him) to complete a project and free-up several of your long-term guys to start a new job with your younger brother in charge of the second crew.

You help the new guy fill-out his W-4.

How do you know he is a US citizen? Do you check? Why or why not?

You came to the USA with a student VISA and find the USA so open to newcomers and you see so many opportunities for your skills that you take a job while in school (this is another friend of mine who became a US citizen legally about a decade go). You do not hide that you're a German from Sweinfurt, but that's okay because your boss believes you are a hard working man and honest and dependable. Since you're a student and an illegal, he gives you a chitty job washing dishes in his restaurant. You don't care because you know your boss is honest and has given you a chance to prove yourself, which you do, by earning your degree in marketing and concomitantly, becoming your boss's favorite chef.

Upon graduation your boss hooks you up with a friend of his who has an ocean-going tug business. The new boss hires you as a chef. After a few years you are in charge of everything to do with feeding and caring for the crews of this company. But you are still a German citizen. Do you apply for citizenship, knowing that you could be arrested and deported?

Bot
Bot, ask your German buddy what an Aufenthalts Erlaubnis is. And what happens in Germany when you don't have one and the cops pick you up. Or your employer.

Germany has a well established "guest worker" policy and procedure. It works well, and effectively controls the bulk of the problems associated with illegal immigration. We should carefully check out what other countries have done, what seems to have worked for them and what didn't, and then craft a US policy and procedure to effect a specific set of immigration control goals. If the results are measured against a set of yardsticks that are included in the legislation, and the policy works, it stays in effect. If not, it is either cancelled automatically, or the goals or the policy and procedures have to be revised.

Jim
i know all about aufenhalts erlaubnise, i had to have one....

of course nowadays i dont play that game...

they cant do shit to me....

i would love to see them TRY to throw me out...i'd laugh them all the back to the Polizei wache.....

i have the BIRTHRIGHT to be here...

my entire living family is here....including my father..

grandfather and great grandfather were locked in a russian coal mine for 3 years, because they were "evil Germans", and were caught when returning behind russian lines to fetch more of our family...

grandfather is retired, after working 40+ years for the city of Nürnberg...gets his pension and everything....

but they refuse to give me my paperwork..

they say lots of big words, and complicated sentences, all of which amount to bullshit....

but the RUSSIAN son of my dads girlfriend, russian, has only been here for 2 years, FROM RUSSIA.....he cant even speak German properly, has a nasty accent....and never works, just is lazy about the house.....

the GERMAN government pays him his antisocial money every month, and he was even in the LUFTWAFFE already, for his conscription service...

i volunteered, and was rejected....

i fail to see the logic here...

can anyone figure out WHY....!!!!??? how did i earn this treatment? they cant group me with the "regular" foreigners, caus im not one, but still, why all the BS [:(!][?]
post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 07:18 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

I am unfamiliar with the terminology. Could you explain it more thoroughly?

B
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 08:26 AM
AMSOIL300CDT

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

der leute wo fuer dem Deutchem staat arbeiten sind der lezten deppen.....die kopieren Gar Nichts....

they try and say i "have no rights here", period......even though it stands everywhere in the law that i am 100% Deutsche Staatangehörige, durch geburt....ie, because im German, i have the right to be here etc, but they say i dont, regardless of what the law actually says......in simple englisch, "im getting screwed".....
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 08:30 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
AMSOIL300CDT - 3/26/2006 10:26 AM

der leute wo fuer dem Deutchem staat arbeiten sind der lezten deppen.....die kopieren Gar Nichts....

they try and say i "have no rights here", period......even though it stands everywhere in the law that i am 100% Deutsche Staatangehörige, durch geburt....ie, because im German, i have the right to be here etc, but they say i dont, regardless of what the law actually says......in simple englisch, "im getting screwed".....
Have you read any Kafka?
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 09:27 AM
BenzWorld Elite

I think that German translates to "The mushrooms in Oklahoma are the best".

post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Shane - 3/25/2006 7:42 PM

Does anyone have proof (at least something) that illustrates illegal immigrants are seriously degrading the current standard of living for legalized citizens in the USA? I am surrounded nearly everyday by illegals and legal blue collar americans and to tell you the truth I just do not see a problem yet. Seems everyone in this arena is either holding steady or creeping ahead regarding lifestyle.
First of all the point is that they are here illegally. We are not talking about some group of immigrants that that have followed the law and are now being singled out.

I have absolutly seen plenty of issues caused by illegal aliens.

There are plenty of areas around Atlanta where they hang out all day waiting for work. These area's are covered in litter.

Drive through an area where many illegals live. They live in large numbers in a small apartment. There is trash, old furniture, and crap all over the place.

I often see illegal aliens driving well below the speed limit due to fear of being pulled over. Yes, them being illegal is an educated guess on my part.

Go to any emergency room where there is an illegal population and you will see an overwhelmed staff as the emergency room is being used as a primary care physician. Lots of tax payer money being spent.

I have seen t plenty of pickup trucks packed with 8 people in the cabin & a number of people in the back, all illegal (again an educated guess). Now what do you think is going to happen if there is an accident.

When a ladder comes off their truck on the highway do you think they are going to stop and pick it up?

There are a number of other instances I could site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in