post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2004
Vehicle: 1984 300CD, 1983 240TD Euro
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
AMG Challenge

I've been invited (along with thousands of others).

WOULD YOU GO. One near me, is actually on my B-Day.

"Mercedes AMG Challenge Overview"

"Your day at the AMG Challenge will give you an adrenaline rush...unlike any other. You'll learn high-performance driving skills from racing greats including Le Mans and World Challenge champions. You'll experience the twists and turns of a first-class race track driving a range of Mercedes-Benz AMG vehicles including the E55, C55, CLK55, CL55, SLK55 and the S55*. And you'll power through esses with the SL55 AMG and thunder down the high-speed stretches with the all new CLS55 AMG.

It will be a full day packed with excitement including:
On-track driving clinics
Timed competition on an autocross track
Performance driving exercises highlighting car positioning, steering method, throttle control, racing line theory and much more
Open lapping on the main track
Hot laps with top-name professional drivers
At the conclusion of the event, there will be a celebratory champagne toast including a certificate, trophy and awards presentation
It all adds up to an unforgettable experience that you won’t want to miss. The event admission fee is $1,195. If you haven’t registered yet, sign up now. These limited spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis only.

To register, simply select a location from the list below. Then fill in your name, address, and payment information. You’ll receive your confirmation shortly. The only thing faster than registration is the AMG models you’ll be driving."

* Subject to change

Gary

1984 300CD, Exterior Code # DB877 Petrol - Blue/Green Interior Code #155 MB-Tex Creme

"Even more attractive than this coupe's classic lines are it's classic over-the-road capabilities".
Mercedes-Benz of North America 1984 range brochure

SR 395 @ Mono Lake, CA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 03:30 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: '90 560SEL, V8 Landcruiser, Toyota S/Wagon
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: AMG Challenge

Once they had clarified that'*subject to change' bit, sounds good; - Expensive.. yes, but a grand chance to fast pedal some expensive metal for a Merc enthusiast.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 05:28 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: 2007 S550 Sport
Send a message via MSN to Chucky300 Send a message via Yahoo to Chucky300

Quote:
shrimpton - 3/23/2006 5:30 AM

Once they had clarified that'*subject to change' bit, sounds good; - Expensive.. yes, but a grand chance to fast pedal some expensive metal for a Merc enthusiast.
I will be busy with work during that time. However, i think mercedes should also make a VIP day and charge more for people that want a more intimate group for the AMG challenge...On this forum - we can all agree.... we are Enthusiasts.... and we LOVE the cars........ the last thing we wanna see are people that dont share our enthusiasm....

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 05:33 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

I went to another mercedes drive event on long island....... You were allowed to take SL500s and others onto a track.
There was this woman in her early 30s that was in front of me... driving, and i kid you not, about 25 mph........ I was seriously VERY angry and she actually had NO intentions of driving faster from the get go! When she got to the finish line - the mercedes rep asked her to leave the event and took her pass away because she held up about 4 cars behind me and wasted almost an HOUR of waiting time for the people in line. Of course - the rep let me and the others on the track with me go for another lap because it was simply a complete waste of time the first try. Those type of people.... why do they come to these events? WHAT IS THE POINT? Go to your MB dealer and drive the 25mph with the salesman in the car with you! Why go to a TRACK and drive slow? THAT makes no sense! i get angry just thinking of it!!!!!
http://benzworld.org/gallery/pics/61...00572024PM.jpg

Happy Thursday Everyone!!!!!!!!! Haha
B

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 05:36 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 1993 300SEL (Sold) 2001 530i
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Read whatever they make you sign, I wouldn't want to put a 100k+ car in a ditch adn have to pay for it. But man that sounds cool[8D]
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 05:45 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

haha it was cool.
Did you view the link i put in my post? That White SL500 was about $100,000 and I drove it INSANELY fast. The rep was laughing with my mom when I went around the track because he said I was one of the best/better drivers he has ever seen (at my age). I really know how to control the car, but now my mom thinks i Do that with my s500.... but was ok when I wanted to put 19" tires on it... hehe. Moms are slow to understand the higher capabilities with the right tire.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 05:50 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Chucky300 - 3/23/2006 7:45 AM

haha it was cool.
Did you view the link i put in my post? That White SL500 was about $100,000 and I drove it INSANELY fast. The rep was laughing with my mom when I went around the track because he said I was one of the best/better drivers he has ever seen (at my age). I really know how to control the car, but now my mom thinks i Do that with my s500.... but was ok when I wanted to put 19" tires on it... hehe. Moms are slow to understand the higher capabilities with the right tire.
Just between you, me and the rest of cyberspace, mothers can be retarded some times. All I hear from mine is get a smaller car that uses less gas. [;)]

Wow that looks cool in that link. Whats with the rear wheel on the G wagon? Looks painful.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 05:57 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Quote:
NZ Benz - 3/23/2006 7:50 AM

Quote:

haha it was cool.
Just between you, me and the rest of cyberspace, mothers can be retarded some times. All I hear from mine is get a smaller car that uses less gas. [;)]

Wow that looks cool in that link. Whats with the rear wheel on the G wagon? Looks painful.
Haha. its meant to do that - that way you could do the rock crawling stuff (yea, id try that in an 80,000 plus car ;)

Moms are VERY retarded in that respect. "whats the difference between this S500 and that car over there (pointing to a C220) hehe

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 06:41 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Chucky300 - 3/23/2006 7:57 AM

Quote:
NZ Benz - 3/23/2006 7:50 AM

Quote:

haha it was cool.

Haha. its meant to do that - that way you could do the rock crawling stuff (yea, id try that in an 80,000 plus car ;)

Moms are VERY retarded in that respect. "whats the difference between this S500 and that car over there (pointing to a C220) hehe
Well atleast its being used not liek these mothers in their unrban assult vehicles our 4x4 never went off the road when we had it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in