Cheney, still lying - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 04:01 PM
430
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 6,349
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Cheney, still lying

Quote:
Joe Bauers - 3/24/2006 2:22 PM

The question, 430, is this: Do you really believe Cheney's statement was meant to convey to you that vast parts of the Iraq desert were under U.S. and Iraqi security forces' control, or vast parts of the Iraqi population were? If Cheney had said, "We now have control over huge sections of Iraq where no people live," I doubt that it would have had the desired effect. So he said what he said, in a sufficiently vague way, to lead the public to infer a meaning other than the truth. That, to any reasonable person, is deception.

Joe B.
So if Bush says we are going to invade Iran tomorrow and the troops roll 80 miles accross the border but do not encounter any people he is a liar?

Personally I did not infer anything into Cheney's statement. He is a politician thus I know that there are multiple ways to slice his statements.
430 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 08:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
RE: Cheney, still lying

Quote:
guage - 3/24/2006 9:55 AM

O please do tell.
Are you leading us to believe you have children of your blood in the U.S. States military?
guage,

Go fuck yourself.

Jim
JimSmith is offline  
post #43 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 08:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
RE: Cheney, still lying

Quote:
430 - 3/24/2006 6:01 PM

Quote:
Joe Bauers - 3/24/2006 2:22 PM

The question, 430, is this: Do you really believe Cheney's statement was meant to convey to you that vast parts of the Iraq desert were under U.S. and Iraqi security forces' control, or vast parts of the Iraqi population were? If Cheney had said, "We now have control over huge sections of Iraq where no people live," I doubt that it would have had the desired effect. So he said what he said, in a sufficiently vague way, to lead the public to infer a meaning other than the truth. That, to any reasonable person, is deception.

Joe B.
So if Bush says we are going to invade Iran tomorrow and the troops roll 80 miles accross the border but do not encounter any people he is a liar?

Personally I did not infer anything into Cheney's statement. He is a politician thus I know that there are multiple ways to slice his statements.
430, If Bush said we were going to invade Iran tomorrow, and we went in 80 miles the first day, I would not assume we were stopping at the 80 mile mark. I think your analogy is weak.

Personally, I don't think Cheney's message was for you. It was clearly to imply something that was not actually said or true. It was intended to deceive. Just because politicians do it doesn't make it correct. And I am fairly certain many of the people in the audience are not as cynical as you, and just presume what the VP says is slathered in innuendo, nuance and untruth. And those people are the intended audience. Jim
JimSmith is offline  
post #44 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 05:19 PM
guage
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
RE: Cheney, still lying

Quote:
JimSmith - 3/24/2006 9:07 PM

Quote:
guage - 3/24/2006 9:55 AM

O please do tell.
Are you leading us to believe you have children of your blood in the U.S. States military?
guage,

Go fuck yourself.

Jim
Draft Dodger
Just what I thought
post #45 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 05:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jillian80's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: DeLorean DMC-12
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 5,180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
RE: Cheney, still lying

Quote:
guage - 3/25/2006 6:19 PM

Quote:
JimSmith - 3/24/2006 9:07 PM

Quote:
guage - 3/24/2006 9:55 AM

O please do tell.
Are you leading us to believe you have children of your blood in the U.S. States military?
guage,

Go fuck yourself.

Jim
Draft Dodger
Just what I thought
How does that make him a draft dodger?
Jillian80 is offline  
post #46 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 06:04 PM
BenzWorld Veteran
 
conleycrew3's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes E200 black. Mercedes 300ce - sold.
Location: plymouth UK
Posts: 761
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to conleycrew3
RE: Cheney, still lying

this might have been posted before but what the hell, here ya go........
Attached Images
 

merc 300 ce, amg bodykit, 17" amg alloys, lowered, Azul Azurite blue 98000 on the clock and two tone leather!!! (click a picture to see a larger image)
<a href='http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/2703595437.jpg&s=x4' target='_blank'><img src='http://x4.putfile.com/1/2703595437-thumb.jpg' alt='Click to enlarge.'></a><a href='http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/2704020128.jpg&s=x4' target='_blank'><img src='http://x4.putfile.com/1/2704020128-thumb.jpg' alt='Click to enlarge.'></a><a href='http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/2704071368.jpg&s=x4' target='_blank'><img src='http://x4.putfile.com/1/2704071368-thumb.jpg' alt='Click to enlarge.'></a><a href='http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/2704043136.jpg&s=x4' target='_blank'><img src='http://x4.putfile.com/1/2704043136-thumb.jpg' alt='Click to enlarge.'></a><a href='http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/2704032128.jpg&s=x4' target='_blank'><img src='http://x4.putfile.com/1/2704032128-thumb.jpg' alt='Click to enlarge.'></a>
conleycrew3 is offline  
post #47 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
RE: Cheney, still lying

You have to cut and paste this link into your address line to get it to work. Matthews, who has been pro-Bush, now is calling Bush and Cheney liars.

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/Imus-Matthews-Attacks-Bush3-24-06.wmv

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
FeelTheLove is offline  
post #48 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 10:12 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
RE: Cheney, still lying

Quote:
Jillian80 - 3/25/2006 7:56 PM

Quote:
guage - 3/25/2006 6:19 PM

Quote:
JimSmith - 3/24/2006 9:07 PM

Quote:
guage - 3/24/2006 9:55 AM

O please do tell.
Are you leading us to believe you have children of your blood in the U.S. States military?
guage,

Go fuck yourself.

Jim

Draft Dodger
Just what I thought
How does that make him a draft dodger?
I could care less of guage's opinion of me - his opinion of other world events is so weakly supported by facts a read of my outlook on life is bound to be particularly poorly supported. Given my draft number back in 1970, I lucked out and was never forced to decide whether or not to dodge the draft.

The fact that many of my friends were not so fortunate and came back from what has been exposed as an elective war against a people portrayed to be our enemy by propaganda from our own government, maimed and psychologically damaged for life, convinced me there is a difference between defending America against actual threats and participating in politically inspired imperialism that defies the principles in our Constitution that define America's uniqueness in the world. Blindly following a political agenda that destroys America from the inside as well as outside is somehow viewed by gauge as noble. It is ignorant, and possibly treasonous, but not noble.

As for my kids, well, I am only glad you will likely never get to know them, guage. Your loss. Not theirs. Guys like you should be kept away from kids - that predatory militaristic outlook unfortunately sells and you collect volunteers for your politically rooted imperialistic visions of grandeur who are then indoctrinated with standard routines that would be classified as child abuse if the victims were 17 years old. Like I said, guage, go fuck yourself. Jim
JimSmith is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome