ohh yall.. *mama harper content warning* - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to iNeon Send a message via MSN to iNeon Send a message via Yahoo to iNeon
(Thread Starter)
ohh yall.. *mama harper content warning*

i just got back from vicki lawrence and mamas stage show.

terrible.

it seriously ruined mama for me forever.

this lady isnt a celebrity anymore for a reason. we love her for doing mama in the 70s and 80s, but come on...

her timing was terrible, her voice off pitch, the writing stale. i have to say i expected too much and got disappointed.

ive never really been a concert person, but have any of youall attended a concert/performance that ruined it for you forever?

i was antsy about seeing tori amos-- what if she was bad? she was incredible, and i guess thats why shes not playing po dunk double features in huntsville, alabama, huh?

im just so sad for vicki lawrence right now-- can we have a moment of silence for miss lawrences poor career, please? [V]

This signature removed to protect the innocent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 08:21 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '01 C320
RE: ohh yall.. *mama harper content warning*

Hooray! You and I now think alike on this subject. I am pleased you have broken through the fog and now see the light.

My recommendation is to rent "I'm gonna git you sucka" immediately. I highly recommend it.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 09:36 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: '01-E320 & 02-ST2
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Actually, the saddest thing is that there are probably a few folks with necks far redder than yours who think she's still a hoot 'n holler, funniest thing since that "Harper Valley PTA" song, etc.

But the real question is: why are you still advertising for her with the Thelma Harper avatar?[;)]
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Send a message via AIM to iNeon Send a message via MSN to iNeon Send a message via Yahoo to iNeon
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
gregs210 - 3/6/2006 10:36 AM

Actually, the saddest thing is that there are probably a few folks with necks far redder than yours who think she's still a hoot 'n holler, funniest thing since that "Harper Valley PTA" song, etc.

But the real question is: why are you still advertising for her with the Thelma Harper avatar?[;)]
eye kynow kalllleeeeeforniiiiay iys moch moore leebral an sew moch moore cozmipoletan than abalama butt we radneks arunt reely thyat bad is we?

shut the fuck up, greg[:)]

ive always adored women with red hair(hey jilly... ya wanna ride in big truck?[:p]) and miss lawrence is still no exception.

i did some thinking, and this show is much more suited to vegas, branson, reno and any other place wherever you can sit, have dinner, get smashed and actually laugh at the old jokes. it wasnt suited at all to the concert format i saw it in and i think that my critique relies heavily on that fact.

i guess im not a showbusiness queen. the overacting and uber theatricality of the whole thing didnt sit well with me, i felt like ms lawrence was charging us to watch her stand on stage and convince herself shes still a star....

she isnt, but thats no reason to insult an entire region of the united states. you do know shes from california and studied at UCLA, right?

i just expected too much, i think. i, for some foolish reason, thought that maybe the material would be of equal or greater quality than on my favorite television show. i thought that after 32 years, she might know how to sing the night the lights went out in georgia in tune.

most of all, im just saddened that the comic genius i giggle at when i watch mamas family isnt mama-- its gotta be her writers.

i feel like im 6 years old and i just found out that the guy in the mickey mouse suit is just some schmuck making 7 bux an hour, not the real deal... please dont use it as ammo, even if you want to.

as for the avatar-- i still love mama, but not for much longer if ms lawrence keeps milking this cash cow. its sad when someone youve admired for years ends up on the vegas concert circuit, isnt it?

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 10:35 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby

Quotes you'll never hear:

He/She got their start in vegas!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 10:45 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Dec 2005

Does this mean you're going to change your "sissy" avatar? [:D] (hope so...)[:0]
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
yoseyman - 3/6/2006 11:35 AM

Quotes you'll never hear:

He/She got their start in vegas!
its an interesting topic; i want to paint images discussing it, even if i do hate painting because its a tool of the devil.

the devil i tell you.

see?[}:)](<-- patron of all paintings.) the smug grin is especially troubling to me.

i have this intense urge to see a barry manilow concert now. are corny has-beens addicting? im thinking maybe they are.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
starcar126 - 3/6/2006 11:45 AM

Does this mean you're going to change your "sissy" avatar? [:D] (hope so...)[:0]
[:p]nope

i made the avatar because the show is a favorite of mine for some years now, its great tv. im still sad hahaha

a little bit, at least.[:D]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in