post #51 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 93' 300D 2.5T
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to crazypolok Send a message via Yahoo to crazypolok
(Thread Starter)
RE: need advice for redicolous speeding ticket !!

hahah good way to put, ive never driven that fast i was jsut wondering if anyone has ever done somehting like that....is there a way i can delete this thread?or anyone else??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 08:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2005
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
crazypolok - 3/3/2006 10:43 PM

hahah good way to put, ive never driven that fast i was jsut wondering if anyone has ever done somehting like that....is there a way i can delete this thread?or anyone else??
Nope! You'll have to PM an admin. It'll take a while until they respond.

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 (sold)
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

post #53 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 09:18 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)

Quote:
crazypolok - 3/3/2006 5:25 PM

ok so i was on my way back to school with my 300D 2.5T and i was chit chatting with my friends and i guess i was going 10 MPH over. i turn the corner and see a undercover cop on my ass. pull over he comes up and gves me a fine. the result is 10 over 4 PIONT TICKET and $160 bucks. it took him only 3 minutes to write the damn ticket and literally threw it at me. i could barely read his nadwriting. so i guess the court date was yesterday but i thought it said the 6th. so now my dad is super pist. what i want to know is what would i be able to get the ticket down to
i am 16 this is my first offense and also i live in colorado

thanx all the help i can get would be great

adam
As a guy who has been pulled over 38 times, and ticketed on third of those times, may I just say take defensive driving/deferred adjudication and move on with your life. Try to do these things on your own, if you can't then get a traffic attorney. make sure you keep it off your record.

PS Takes some effort to get a ticket in a diesel. Congrats.
post #54 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 93' 300D 2.5T
Send a message via AIM to crazypolok Send a message via Yahoo to crazypolok
(Thread Starter)

actuallly if you read on i got it in m 74 bug and i love the diesel im really suprised with the power it climbs beautifully. 38 JEESUS !!!
post #55 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 10:40 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 2001 E320, 'Lord Vader'

Had plenty of tickets. Like you, I've even decided I didn't want to show up when my date came up. But then that's where you and I differ. After I was done doing whatever was the higher priority, I drove to the courts building, paid my ticket and the fine, and went on about my way. I didnt' try to weasel out of it, blame it on someone else ridiculous or not. What really gets them is if you smile the whole damn time, and tell them that you hope you get another one real soon so you can see them again. Hell even make them some cookies now and then, become their best friends, their jobs consist of collecting on tickets for Gods sake. Last ticket cost me $600 for doing that, but who cares, its only funny money and the memories last a lifetime.
post #56 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 11:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 86 560SEL

I got caught a few times in the past, I paid my tickets and moved on. I was speeding so I had to pay for what I was doing wrong. Maybe you're going faster than 10 over, he gave you a break and wrote 10. A lot of time, depending on the areas, cops don't stop you until you are 10 or over. Stop whining, be a man![}:)] and learn from your mistake.
post #57 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 05:03 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2003
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz

Quote:
crazypolok - 3/4/2006 1:15 AM

if i was in europe the cops would have told me to go faster here its different.
Really?

Cool, so I have carte blanche?
Don't just flap things out of your hole. Think and get some decent information before you speak, boy.
Believe me, speeding over here is at least as much as a crime as it is in the US. At every intersection there are two speeding cameras, and on the highway cops are stationned random with camera cars.

Back on topic, you were speeding, speeding is 'a crime' (wether your like it or not), and you were caught speeding. When you break the law knowingly, you should at least be man enough to accept the fact that you got caught, and not nag about how much other injustice there is and oh no but I couldn't read the cops handwriting or whatever.
Just face the consequences of your deeds. It's as simple as that. You choose to drive a car, this means you also choose to except all dangers, responsibilities, and ofcourse all consequences of everything that is involved.

DR, You are right, he is just a kid, but he is also a kid that is (seemingly) mature enough to drive a vehicle on public roads. This makes that he must accept any possible reaction of a third person to his own actions.
Like said here before, it is a part of growing up and becoming mature.

Maybe his attitude shown here proves he is not yet mature enough to be driving.

Anyway, Crazypolok, I hope for your sake that everything works out, but I also hope you see and accept that YOU were the one in fault, no one else.

1991 MB 300TD: daily driver, going strong at 474.000kms
1991 MB 190E 1.8
1983 MB 190E 2.0 AMG 145PS: Restauration project up next...
2001 Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 16V Selespeed

post #58 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 05:59 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
crazypolok - 3/4/2006 3:20 AM

yeah same cop cop pulled over 4 kids in a half hour after me for same place but for the stop sign. they got it worse they got two tickets . funny crap i dont care im already gunna do all of urs guys advice so no problems really just stupid ticket np . how many here have trippled a speed limit?

Well,our motorway speed limit is 70mph and I used to double that twice every single weekday to and from my office commuting on the M25.
When I got my new MR2 company car (POS) in the mid 90s I drove it at 100mph through a green light in a 30mph zone past a police station just for the hell of it.Only did that once though and it was about 3am with no jay-walkers around.
There are too many cameras to try that shit now.
post #59 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 09:55 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: '01-E320 & 02-ST2
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

I think we've all done some outrageous things -- after all, we're vehicle enthusiasts -- and we've all gotten lucky a time or two as well. I've also received some really ridiculous tickets in my life (including one for going 37 in a 35 zone going through a small town coming back from a ski trip; don't tell me about ridiculous) but you have to learn from things and move on. Whining doesn't do anyone any good.

I got stopped a while back for 85 in a 65 and ended up not getting a ticket; I'd definitely chalk that up as lucky. And it's even more lucky that he didn't see me 10 miles earlier up the road. But I wouldn't be in here complaining if I'd gotten cited in either case.

There are good cops and bad cops, but why are there so many a-frames in law enforcement? Are they that way in the first place or does the job breed them?

In any event, now that you've vented, move on to a new thread and people will forget about this one after a while. Keep posting in this one and folks will keep picking on you.
post #60 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 10:12 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D

Quote:
crazypolok - 3/3/2006 8:20 PM

yeah same cop cop pulled over 4 kids in a half hour after me for same place but for the stop sign. they got it worse they got two tickets . funny crap i dont care im already gunna do all of urs guys advice so no problems really just stupid ticket np . how many here have trippled a speed limit?
I've only doubled one, at least it was a 65mph (x 2 = 130 mph) up a 7% grade at 10,000 feet elevation. Not many cops looking downhill for that one. And BTW, I was headed to traffic court to fight a previous speeding ticket....

[:D]

OBK #35

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in