post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Gawd help us.

I hated this fucker pretty conclusively yesterday-now I can add utter disgust and contempt as well.[:(!]

FROM BBC NEWS

Last Updated: Friday, 3 March 2006, 18:10 GMT

Blair 'prayed to God' over Iraq

Mr Blair talked about his most embarrassing moment as PM
Prime Minister Tony Blair says he prayed to God when deciding whether or not to send UK troops to Iraq.
Mr Blair answered "yes" when asked on ITV1 chat show Parkinson if he had sought holy intervention on the issue.

"Of course, you struggle with your own conscience about it... and its one of these situations that, I suppose, very few people ever find themselves in."

The interview, Michael Parkinson's first on his chat show with a serving PM, will be shown on Saturday.

"In the end, there is a judgement that, I think if you have faith about these things, you realise that judgement is made by other people... and if you believe in God, it's made by God as well," Mr Blair said.

"When you're faced with a decision like that, some of those decisions have been very, very difficult, most of all because you know these are people's lives and, in some case, their deaths.

The only way you can take a decision like that is to do the right thing according to your conscience

Tony Blair

"The only way you can take a decision like that is to do the right thing according to your conscience."

On the show, Mr Blair also talks about his most embarrassing prime ministerial moment.

When giving a press conference in France, he was asked if there were any French policies he would like to imitate.

Mr Blair, trying to answer in French, replied: "I desire your prime minister in many different positions."

Mr Blair also talks about the first time his father-in-law actor Tony Booth - an old friend of Parkinson - visited his and wife Cherie's home after they were married.

Mr Booth had asked if he could light a cannabis joint, Mr Blair said.

"I was thinking this is my father-in-law, surely this should be the other way around.

"I said no, incidentally."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 12:39 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: '01-E320 & 02-ST2
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
RE: Gawd help us.

Okay, DR, since you brought up prayer...

SAYING GRACE

Last week I took my children to a restaurant. My six-year-old son asked if he could say grace. As we bowed our heads he said, "God is good, God is great. Thank you for the food, and I would even thank you more if Mom gets us ice cream for dessert. And Liberty and justice for all! Amen!"

Along with the laughter from the other customers nearby I heard a woman remark, "That's what's wrong with this country. Kids today don't even know how to pray. Asking God for ice cream! Why, I never!"

Hearing this, my son asked me, with tears in his eyes, "Did I do it wrong? Is God mad at me?" As I held and assured him that he had done a terrific job and God was certainly not mad at him, an elderly gentleman approached the table.

He winked at my son and said, "I happen to know that God thought that was a great prayer."

"Really?" my son asked.

"Cross my heart," the man replied. Then in a theatrical whisper he added (with a motion indicating the woman whose remark had started this whole thing), "Too bad she never asks God for ice cream. A little ice cream is good for the soul sometimes."

Naturally, I bought my kids ice cream at the end of the meal. My son stared at his for a moment and then did something I will remember the rest of my life. He picked up his sundae and without a word, walked over and placed it in front of the woman. With a big smile he told her, "Here, this is for you. Ice cream is good for the soul sometimes; and my soul is good already."

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)

^^^^^^
You REALLY are a Frisco kid,aren't you?[|)]

If I found any of my kids praying I would seek counselling for them immediately.

If as adults they choose the believe in fairies,Father Christmas or a spirit in the sky-then it becomes their business.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 02:05 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: S280, S500, 730 XJ6
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
gregs210 - 3/2/2006 7:39 PM

Naturally, I bought my kids ice cream at the end of the meal. My son stared at his for a moment and then did something I will remember the rest of my life. He picked up his sundae and without a word, walked over and placed it in front of the woman. With a big smile he told her, "Here, this is for you. Ice cream is good for the soul sometimes; and my soul is good already."

Nice [:D]

See thats the difference in kids that have been bought up properly, and in ones whose dads dont have anything better to do than monitor BW all day.

lets all take a moment and pray for those less fortunate[8D]

1995 Black W140 S280
1998 Silver W140 S500
1983 Silver W126 SEL
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 02:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 300c (1956)

Quote:
gregs210 - 3/3/2006 2:39 PM

Okay, DR, since you brought up prayer...

SAYING GRACE

Last week I took my children to a restaurant. My six-year-old son asked if he could say grace. As we bowed our heads he said, "God is good, God is great. Thank you for the food, and I would even thank you more if Mom gets us ice cream for dessert. And Liberty and justice for all! Amen!"

Along with the laughter from the other customers nearby I heard a woman remark, "That's what's wrong with this country. Kids today don't even know how to pray. Asking God for ice cream! Why, I never!"

Hearing this, my son asked me, with tears in his eyes, "Did I do it wrong? Is God mad at me?" As I held and assured him that he had done a terrific job and God was certainly not mad at him, an elderly gentleman approached the table.

He winked at my son and said, "I happen to know that God thought that was a great prayer."

"Really?" my son asked.

"Cross my heart," the man replied. Then in a theatrical whisper he added (with a motion indicating the woman whose remark had started this whole thing), "Too bad she never asks God for ice cream. A little ice cream is good for the soul sometimes."

Is this a true story? If it is, I am impressed. Your son is destined to have icecream any time he wants, his heart is priceless... Take care of him so he stays that way, good job Gregs.
Shabah
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 02:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 300c (1956)

Quote:
deathrattle - 3/3/2006 2:11 PM

I hated this fucker pretty conclusively yesterday-now I can add utter disgust and contempt as well.[:(!]

FROM BBC NEWS

Last Updated: Friday, 3 March 2006, 18:10 GMT

Blair 'prayed to God' over Iraq

Mr Blair talked about his most embarrassing moment as PM
Prime Minister Tony Blair says he prayed to God when deciding whether or not to send UK troops to Iraq.
Mr Blair answered "yes" when asked on ITV1 chat show Parkinson if he had sought holy intervention on the issue.

"Of course, you struggle with your own conscience about it... and its one of these situations that, I suppose, very few people ever find themselves in."

The interview, Michael Parkinson's first on his chat show with a serving PM, will be shown on Saturday.

"In the end, there is a judgement that, I think if you have faith about these things, you realise that judgement is made by other people... and if you believe in God, it's made by God as well," Mr Blair said.

"When you're faced with a decision like that, some of those decisions have been very, very difficult, most of all because you know these are people's lives and, in some case, their deaths.

The only way you can take a decision like that is to do the right thing according to your conscience

Tony Blair

"The only way you can take a decision like that is to do the right thing according to your conscience."

On the show, Mr Blair also talks about his most embarrassing prime ministerial moment.

When giving a press conference in France, he was asked if there were any French policies he would like to imitate.

Mr Blair, trying to answer in French, replied: "I desire your prime minister in many different positions."

Mr Blair also talks about the first time his father-in-law actor Tony Booth - an old friend of Parkinson - visited his and wife Cherie's home after they were married.

Mr Booth had asked if he could light a cannabis joint, Mr Blair said.

"I was thinking this is my father-in-law, surely this should be the other way around.

"I said no, incidentally."
Hey deathrattle did you not know that Blair had the same communication channel that Bush has? They got this as a gift from the aliens they have been hiding from all of us. You see it started at Roswell and ....... you know the rest[;)]
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)

K14ANAL
^^^^^^

Yes,well one of my daughters will begin her law degree in the fall,so people like you should be grateful that she is rational and will not rely on 'divine inspiration'on which to base her professional duties.Perhaps thousands of your muslim brothers would not have been massacred if Tony Blair had not been attempting to fulfil god's will.

And by the way,your punctuation is revealing your true colours again sonny.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 02:40 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: S280, S500, 730 XJ6

i think my muslim brothers get enough of their own 'divine inspiration' as it is, so its all cool.

law? maybe she'll figure out how to finally get a restraining order on you!!

and donchu worry about my punctuation daddy.

[;)]

1995 Black W140 S280
1998 Silver W140 S500
1983 Silver W126 SEL
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 02:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: '01-E320 & 02-ST2
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Hey, Shabah (et al),

I was just passing on the story as I received it in e-mail. The closest things I have to kids are my nieces, whom I adore.

I don't know if the story is true, if so it sounds like a pretty centered kid. Of course, he could be a bit mischevious, and that was his way of giving the cranky old lady a bit of a backhand. In that case he'd have a great future as a politician. [;)]
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
K14ANO - 3/4/2006 9:40 PM

i think my muslim brothers get enough of their own 'divine inspiration' as it is, so its all cool.

law? maybe she'll figure out how to finally get a restraining order on you!!

and donchu worry about my punctuation daddy.

[;)]
^^^^^^

You cannot be MY son-I'm not into anal sex.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in