Video shows Bush as complete, total, utter liar. Why no calls for impeaching this lying sack of ? - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 05:43 PM
BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
RE: Video shows Bush as complete, total, utter liar. Why no calls for impeaching this lying sack of

Quote:
Demon_possessed - 3/2/2006 4:27 PM

By all means I am not a lawyer but, i think he is mentally unfit for a trial.
LOL... good one...

hadn't considered the "mental incompetence" defense...
they're probably holding that one in abeyance..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 05:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
RE: Video shows Bush as complete, total, utter liar. Why no calls for impeaching this lying sack of

I think you miss the point Chiphomme. Bush lied about carrying out his oath. Just being a poor leader is not a violation of the oath if what you are doing is honestly the best you can. Once you fail and cover up your failure with lies, you have violated the oath. Bush lied to cover up his and his administration's failures, making the learning process less effective, and intending the coverup to preserve political power, only.

If you and others elect to see it in a different light, such as the perspective of some Clinton supporters who do not believe getting a BJ is having "sexual relations" by some technical definition of genitalia being in contact with each other, be my guest. I didn't support Clinton's argument (I thought it was interesting, but really no more than an attempt to avoid facing the consequences of letting himself get trapped by a line of questioning), but I found the whole Clinton Whitewater affair and the BJ questions no more than political entrapment with no national security consequences. I find Bush's lying much more disturbing. No one is entrapping Bush. He is just electing to lie about national security issues and his actions to erode rather than protect the uphold the Constitution. Violations of his oath to the American people. Serious shit unless it really doesn't matter to you, I guess. Jim
post #23 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 06:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
JimSmith - 3/2/2006 7:54 PM

I think you miss the point Chiphomme. Bush lied about carrying out his oath. Just being a poor leader is not a violation of the oath if what you are doing is honestly the best you can. Once you fail and cover up your failure with lies, you have violated the oath. Bush lied to cover up his and his administration's failures, making the learning process less effective, and intending the coverup to preserve political power, only.

If you and others elect to see it in a different light, such as the perspective of some Clinton supporters who do not believe getting a BJ is having "sexual relations" by some technical definition of genitalia being in contact with each other, be my guest. I didn't support Clinton's argument (I thought it was interesting, but really no more than an attempt to avoid facing the consequences of letting himself get trapped by a line of questioning), but I found the whole Clinton Whitewater affair and the BJ questions no more than political entrapment with no national security consequences. I find Bush's lying much more disturbing. No one is entrapping Bush. He is just electing to lie about national security issues and his actions to erode rather than protect the uphold the Constitution. Violations of his oath to the American people. Serious shit unless it really doesn't matter to you, I guess. Jim
If it is true. What we have here is a set of allegations masquerading as established facts.

Apparently you and Nancy Pelosi are in agreement. You could do worse than follow her lead. Now all you and she have to do is find a majority of House Members who believe as you and Nancy believe to have hearings and bring charges to a vote. I figure that wont happen until after the next election, if the Democrats were to take the House. It is possible. Then you have to go through all that investigation stuff and if Bush's defense team were to follow Clinton's masterful defense of fighting with every possible motion and appealing each one, Bush would very easily run out the clock before the charges were even brought to an impeachment vote.

If the impeachment vote were to occur in an uncharacteristically expeditious fashion, then the trial would take place in the Senate. Uh oh, the chances of convicting the president in a Repo-dominated senate is about as great as any of us getting first-hand knowledge of Reese Witherspoon's true hair color. So you better get the Democrats to take the Senate, too.

Then what?

What I mean is that there was a huge backlash against Repos from the Clinton debacle. It clearly split the nation 40-40-20. Democrats have been complaining about Repo divisiveness in every campaign. That is a campaign issue that would ring hollow for at least 40% of the voters.

Nah, that's a wasted effort in an impossible pipe dream.

It is far better for Democrats to run on the issue of divisiveness without themselves ever being perceived as the dividers. They should run on Roosevelt's method of uniting Murricans to a common cause, not using the divide-and-conquer methods of Nixon, Clinton, and Bush. But in order for Democrats to do that they must put forth a common vision of where the country should go, not a divisive argument about how wrong 40% of the voters have been. That strategy is a proven winner but it does not heal the divide that Democrats believe is one of the most appalling occurrences in history (conveniently forgetting their own part in that, IMO).

Bot
post #24 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 06:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

Quote:
Botnst - 3/2/2006 8:01 PM
If it is true. What we have here is a set of allegations masquerading as established facts.

Apparently you and Nancy Pelosi are in agreement. You could do worse than follow her lead. Now all you and she have to do is find a majority of House Members who believe as you and Nancy believe to have hearings and bring charges to a vote. I figure that wont happen until after the next election, if the Democrats were to take the House. It is possible. Then you have to go through all that investigation stuff and if Bush's defense team were to follow Clinton's masterful defense of fighting with every possible motion and appealing each one, Bush would very easily run out the clock.

Then what?

Bot
Sounds like what your are advocating is we all just buy our personal favorite Buoy Butter lube and bend over, and learn to like it. You may well be correct, I just don't convince that easily.

The video tapes of Bush saying one thing and other tapes of him in circumstances that make the previous taped statements a lie are not even being denied by the White House. Jim
post #25 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 06:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
JimSmith - 3/2/2006 8:14 PM

Quote:
Botnst - 3/2/2006 8:01 PM

Apparently you and Nancy Pelosi are in agreement. You could do worse than follow her lead. Now all you and she have to do is find a majority of House Members who believe as you and Nancy believe to have hearings and bring charges to a vote. I figure that wont happen until after the next election, if the Democrats were to take the House. It is possible. Then you have to go through all that investigation stuff and if Bush's defense team were to follow Clinton's masterful defense of fighting with every possible motion and appealing each one, Bush would very easily run out the clock.

Then what?

Bot
Sounds like what your are advocating is we all just buy our personal favorite Buoy Butter lube and bend over, and learn to like it. You may well be correct, I just don't convince that easily.

The video tapes of Bush saying one thing and other tapes of him in circumstances that make the previous taped statements a lie are not even being denied by the White House. Jim
Have you actually listened to the tape? I heard it for the first time this evening.

In essence, I agree with GS' evaluation. But then, I have inside knowledge having worked on this issue for about 20 years or so. Also, having grown-up in the region, the issue was already near and dear long before I began working on it professionally.

Bot
post #26 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 06:24 PM
idu
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2004
Vehicle: 1987 230GE
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: truth and lies

This President cares more about keeping us all alive than any other President in my lifetime, except maybe Reagan, unless he was a liar too. This country is to devisive to recognize it now but this is the best guy to have in the worst time possible. He would get my vote again.
post #27 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 06:26 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2005
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Ammonium

ha!

Shit like that makes me laugh
post #28 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 06:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Ammonium - 3/2/2006 8:26 PM

ha!

And by not taking the time to understand that sentiment your side lost the previous election. Failure to take it seriously (rather than scoffing dismissively) in the next presidential election iteration will likely provide the Democrats with another sound defeat, about which they can feel self-righteously indignant and dismissive toward the electorate.

Another winning Democrat strategy. Don't lead your opposition to a better future, antagonize them through derision and ridicule.

B
post #29 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 07:05 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)

Quote:
Botnst - 3/2/2006 7:43 PM

Quote:

ha!

And by not taking the time to understand that sentiment your side lost the previous election. Failure to take it seriously (rather than scoffing dismissively) in the next presidential election iteration will likely provide the Democrats with another sound defeat, about which they can feel self-righteously indignant and dismissive toward the electorate.

Another winning Democrat strategy. Don't lead your opposition to a better future, antagonize them through derision and ridicule.

B
We must work the fear, embrace the fear, caress the fear, use the fear to make the masses feel warm and fuzzy when you says things that they think will protect them from alien radicals with very different fundamental points of view. Then the democrats can beat the repugnants at their own game. No one likes to be insulted.
post #30 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 07:08 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Shane - 3/2/2006 9:05 PM

Quote:
Botnst - 3/2/2006 7:43 PM

Quote:

ha!

B
We must work the fear. Embrace the fear, caress the fear, use the fear to make the masses feel warm and fuzzy when you says things that they think will protect them from alien radicals with very different points of view. Then the democrats can beat the repugnants at their own game. No one likes to be insulted.
You have outlined the strategy of divide and conquer. It is a winning strategy. It worked for Nixon twice. Clinton twice. And Bush II twice.

You have now aligned yourself with a certain type of political perspective in which winning is more important than leading. Think about it.

bot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in