Video shows Bush as complete, total, utter liar. Why no calls for impeaching this lying sack of ? - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 02:27 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Apr 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Video shows Bush as complete, total, utter liar. Why no calls for impeaching this lying sack of

"Video shows Bush as complete, total, utter liar. Why no calls for impeaching this lying sack of ?,shit?"

By all means I am not a lawyer but, i think he is mentally unfit for a trial.

kindly
Demon_possessed
[}:)][}:)][}:)]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 03:42 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
RE: Video shows Bush as complete, total, utter liar. Why no calls for impeaching this lying sack of

Bush may be an idiot, but you guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill. There's really nothing new here, is there? Oh my, Katrina may be dangerous -- was that supposed to be a surprise? I recall hearing estimates of 10,000 dead in N.O. a full two days before Katrina made landfall. I also recall hearing 'experts' express uncertainty in regard to the likelihood of the levees withstanding the storm. All this is, is Bush sounding stupid -- and there's nothing new about that.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #13 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 04:31 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2005
Send a message via AIM to Ammonium

It's just more shit to pile on the ever increasing shit pile. It's fair to say that we've reached a tipping point where it is beyond reasonable to say this administration is probably the worst ever. It goes beyond just bad luck and "shit happens" to flat out incompetence.

- They let 9/11 happen
- Invaded Iraq under false pretext and now have no way out
- Let New Orleans flood and displace thousands
- Let our ports be bought by a nation with known ties to terror
- Conducted illegal warrentless wiretaps
- Outted covert agents in the CIA
- Tortured prisoners
- Striped away the first 5 amendments
- Nominated a personal friend with no qualifications to the supreme court

The record is staggering. Other presidents have fucked up too, but generally it was only one major fuck up. Everyday we hear of something new with this administration.
post #14 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 04:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

Quote:
chiphomme - 3/2/2006 3:27 PM

Cite that law again.
US Constitution, Article II, Section 1

Before he enter on the execution of his office, he shall take the following oath or affirmation: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Nothing in the Constitution about it being ok to lie to protect one's ass. Sounds to me like we have the right to expect the President to be on a 24 hour per day, 7 days per week, 52 weeks per year, four year at a time honesty streak when he explains to us how he is faithfully executing his responsibilities as President of the United States. You may see that differently though, as you have a tendency to think lying by a Republican President about national security issues, and Constitutional issues (remember, he lied through his teeth in the period before the elction about the secret wiretapping, and that is on tape as well) is not all that bad. I don't agree. And, if he is getting a BJ from some pig on the staff in the White House, guess what? I don't care about that! Jim

post #15 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

Quote:
Ammonium - 3/2/2006 4:31 PM

It's just more shit to pile on the ever increasing shit pile. It's fair to say that we've reached a tipping point where it is beyond reasonable to say this administration is probably the worst ever. It goes beyond just bad luck and "shit happens" to flat out incompetence.
Oh I agree. If this isn't the worst administration in the history of our country, I shudder to think what is.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #16 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 05:00 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 2008 CLK63 Black Series, 2008 Cayenne GTS

Quote:
JimSmith - 3/2/2006 6:34 PM

Quote:

Cite that law again.

Before he enter on the execution of his office, he shall take the following oath or affirmation: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Nothing in the Constitution about it being ok to lie to protect one's ass. Sounds to me like we have the right to expect the President to be on a 24 hour per day, 7 days per week, 52 weeks per year, four year at a time honesty streak when he explains to us how he is faithfully executing his responsibilities as President of the United States. You may see that differently though, as you have a tendency to think lying by a Republican President about national security issues, and Constitutional issues (remember, he lied through his teeth in the period before the elction about the secret wiretapping, and that is on tape as well) is not all that bad. I don't agree. And, if he is getting a BJ from some pig on the staff in the White House, guess what? I don't care about that! Jim

Bzzt. wrong. try again
post #17 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 05:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

Quote:
chiphomme - 3/2/2006 7:00 PM

Bzzt. wrong. try again
No Chiphomme, I think you are on the wrong side of this discussion. I think you need to find a legal path within the Constitution that says the President can lie to the American people, the Congress and anyone he chooses about national security issues and upholding the Constitution without violating his oath. Once the oath has been violated he is game for being impeached. You may feel he hasn't violated his oath, but your standard is not mine. The wiretapping issue is particularly repugnant to me. A clear failure to be open about trampling the Constitution, which is to me a clear violation of the oath. Jim
post #18 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 05:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430

Quote:
JimSmith - 3/2/2006 1:14 PM

Quote:
430 - 3/2/2006 1:09 PM

My guess on why no calls for impeachment. First the pres was not under oath and second every politician lies on a regular basis. In fact the truth (or complete truth) is the exception not the rule.

If Bush lied under oath it becomes a different matter.
When the President speaks to the American people about matters of national security, such as the Katrina threat, I think he is under the oath he took when he accepted the job, which does not include provisions for lying to cover his incompetence. It seems you do. Jim
I am not making an excuse or an allegation one way or another. Just saying that a president or a member in congress lying is nothing out of the oridnary. It is done day in and day out regardless of administration. Doesn't make it right but it does make it a fact of life. If he has done something illegal charge him.
post #19 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 05:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430

Quote:
JimSmith - 3/2/2006 6:34 PM

Quote:

Cite that law again.

Not sure why you would think this preclude the president from lying. Upholding the oath of office and lying to the american people are mutually exclusive.
post #20 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 05:37 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 2008 CLK63 Black Series, 2008 Cayenne GTS

Quote:
JimSmith - 3/2/2006 7:05 PM

Quote:
chiphomme - 3/2/2006 7:00 PM

Bzzt. wrong. try again
No Chiphomme, I think you are on the wrong side of this discussion. I think you need to find a legal path within the Constitution that says the President can lie to the American people, the Congress and anyone he chooses about national security issues and upholding the Constitution without violating his oath. Once the oath has been violated he is game for being impeached. You may feel he hasn't violated his oath, but your standard is not mine. The wiretapping issue is particularly repugnant to me. A clear failure to be open about trampling the Constitution, which is to me a clear violation of the oath. Jim

The point is it isn't about YOUR STANDARD OR MY STANDARD its about a legal standard. Bush playing politics with FEMA is hardly a violation of the constitution and an impeachable offense.
These sorts of histrionics are why the GWBs oppostion does so poorly. This stuff doesn't sell well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in