MERCEDES HERITAGE GONE? - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 10:45 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to iNeon Send a message via MSN to iNeon Send a message via Yahoo to iNeon
RE: MERCEDES HERITAGE GONE?

Quote:
Robschaef - 2/28/2006 10:08 AM
Also, this type of MB dealership maybe rare and only show up in large markets like Houston.
i agree and disagree.

the annonymity of a crowded, large city with a network of a couple authorized dealers may help the interactions be more positive. it can also do the customers disservice because of long, busy hours and such.

the small town small dealer thing is supposed to be the best. youre supposed to know your salesperson by name and have some kind of relationship with them. i think this is increasingly rare.

my family was way into chryslers in 1995-1997, we bought 2 neons, a dakota, a ram, an intrepid and a grand cherokee from the same salesman. he lived across the street, one house diagonally from us and we never knew. he never invited us over for barbeque and i still wonder why... that man made plenty from those sales, it would have been the polite thing to do.

was i expecting too much?

oh, but those are pre-merge chryslers, i guess theyre not important.

when ive visited mercedes here to buy parts or to look around, theyre not terribly friendly. they come out, look at my car, shake my hand and say "nice to meet you, im going to go do my work because i know youre not going to buy anything" to themselves.

i dont mind because im really not going to buy one heh heh but whenever the parts people arent nice, when the sercice cashiers are too busy to check you out and wal mart checkers are more friendly, i do mind.

how many of youall have used the roadside assistance program? lets hear about that facet of this issue.

i had one guy when my fuel gauge was wrong and he was a sweetie pie; put me in his warm m class while ever he filled my fuel, primed it and even climbed in and started it. great.

the second time my battery went dead and i had to wait forever for some guy to show up making excuses about the jump box not being strong enough and someone else hadnt charged it. he couldnt jump my battery because of electrical doodads.

doodads bad. not so much power motors, but those overly complex star trekesque integrated entertainment and drive assist sorta computer and sensor on every piece of the car doodads.

This signature removed to protect the innocent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in