Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
RE: Bush "in dark" on ports deal

Quote:
Prez in dark on deal
I have heard that before.
Wasn't that about the reasons for going to war?
I still wonder what kind if idiots take it to reelect such a guy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 10:43 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Don't have to look far. Those idiots are all over this board.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #13 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)

Ya gotta admit though, it's great fun watching the extreme contortions of the Bush freaks who've been playing the terror card with respect to them evil Arabs all this time. [8D]
post #14 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 03:36 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1982 300SD
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is it poosible that the President has laid out broad policy lines and expects his administration to conduct business according to those guidelines?
He may have made it policy to promote economic ties to friendly Arab States. If so, then his staff can do the detail/leg work.
It is the way I think I would operate if i were President. Too many details to have a hand in everything.
On the other hand, the lack of understanding that this might produce a political firestorm is hard to fathom. The staff didn't do him any favors. Whoever is responsible for determing that " We don't need the President to see this: before it was approved should be looking for a new job. However, in the best "Peter Principle" tradition, he probably got a promotion.
I am troubled by the keeping of all records off shore to prevent a subpeona from granting government access to them a troubling piece of information.
On the other hand, how much of the democrat opposition is due to the outcry from the Labor Unions?
Lots of questions; few real answers.
post #15 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 09:34 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 300c (1956)

Quote:
MS Fowler - 2/25/2006 5:36 AM

Is it poosible that the President has laid out broad policy lines and expects his administration to conduct business according to those guidelines?
He may have made it policy to promote economic ties to friendly Arab States. If so, then his staff can do the detail/leg work.
It is the way I think I would operate if i were President. Too many details to have a hand in everything.
On the other hand, the lack of understanding that this might produce a political firestorm is hard to fathom. The staff didn't do him any favors. Whoever is responsible for determing that " We don't need the President to see this: before it was approved should be looking for a new job. However, in the best "Peter Principle" tradition, he probably got a promotion.
I am troubled by the keeping of all records off shore to prevent a subpeona from granting government access to them a troubling piece of information.
On the other hand, how much of the democrat opposition is due to the outcry from the Labor Unions?
Lots of questions; few real answers.
Excellent points there MS Fowler; here is the issue at hand, the US is engaging in a free trade agreement with the UAE as we speak yet this is a real test of implementation. It ‘s failing because it went out off control from the president’s side who was trying to show the Arabs that he is actually fair towards them but miscalculated the effect of the pumped hatred towards them that he had engineered to justify his invasion. I say it again, he intentionally with the help of his party dehumanized the Arabs to get the red states to go along with him because it was a “black and white� issue that can go across a lot easier than if he had tried to explain to them that there is such a thing as bad and good people over there. This approach to political leverage is now biting his ass. He has no credibility left on the Arab side and he is loosing ground as we speak in the heartland that sees this port deal as an invasion by them Ay-rabs.
I was watching TV and saw the union workers picketing next to a port with signs promoting that the UAE should butt out. Next they interviewed some of them and I sat there trying to understand their motives as to why this deal should no go through. I hear this guy say that this “should have been vetted� by congress before it reached this level and eventual approval. Ok, why is there no one pointing out to him that prior to this deal, the port was managed by another foreign company that did no such leg work? The bottom line, that company was British and this present deal has got some filthy Arabs running the show. Oh I understand why the union is not happy now…
How about the employees? On the same show, they said that 99% of the employees were US citizens. Was that going to change? Did the deal call for head replacements with turban wearing, camel jockeying dudes? As far as I understand this was a purely financial deal, hell even management is not even Arab. Has anyone of you worked in UAE to see that most large companies over there are actually run by Western expatriates?
They are for the most part the operational heart of these companies. Hell even my outfit is mostly comprised of Americans. I can’t take a shit without asking my sexy accountant if it’s ok (I am working on her to be my fourth wife so I can stop paying her sky high salary).
Anyway, I personally like I said hope that this deal DOES NOT GO THROUGH to permanently show for a long time the sown hatred towards Arabs and it’s effects. This should become a case study for future business people from my region on what not to invest in if they want to have a shred of dignity.

Shabah.
post #16 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 10:41 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1984 300D Turbo

DP World taking over the concession once held by P&O will not effect US port security one iota. they don't even handle security....

+ this was sort of an interesting press release..

Dubai, 24 January 2006: - Global ports operator DP World today welcomed news that one of its senior executives, Dave Sanborn, has been nominated by US President George W. Bush to serve as Maritime Administrator a key transportation appointment reporting directly to Norman Mineta the Secretary of Transportation and Cabinet Member.

The White House has issued a statement from Washington DC announcing the nomination. The confirmation process will begin in February.

Mr Sanborn currently holds the position of Director of Operations for Europe and Latin America for the Dubai-based company

Mohammed Sharaf, CEO, DP World said:
“While we are sorry to lose such an experienced and capable executive, it is exactly those qualities that will make Dave an effective administrator for MarAd. We are proud of Dave’s selection and pleased that the Bush Administration found such a capable executive. We wish him all the best in his new role.�

1984 300D Turbo - 231k.. son's car now... totalled 11/30/07 RIP

send lawyers, guns, & money...
post #17 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 10:53 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 300c (1956)

Quote:
84300DTurbo - 2/25/2006 12:41 PM

DP World taking over the concession once held by P&O will not effect US port security one iota. they don't even handle security....

Dubai, 24 January 2006: - Global ports operator DP World today welcomed news that one of its senior executives, Dave Sanborn, has been nominated by US President George W. Bush to serve as Maritime Administrator a key transportation appointment reporting directly to Norman Mineta the Secretary of Transportation and Cabinet Member.

The White House has issued a statement from Washington DC announcing the nomination. The confirmation process will begin in February.

Mr Sanborn currently holds the position of Director of Operations for Europe and Latin America for the Dubai-based company

“While we are sorry to lose such an experienced and capable executive, it is exactly those qualities that will make Dave an effective administrator for MarAd. We are proud of Dave’s selection and pleased that the Bush Administration found such a capable executive. We wish him all the best in his new role.�
Is that good or bad?
post #18 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 01:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
Shabah - 2/25/2006 12:53 PM

Quote:
84300DTurbo - 2/25/2006 12:41 PM

Is that good or bad?
He reports, we decide.

B
post #19 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 02:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430

Quote:
Shabah - 2/25/2006 11:34 AM

Excellent points there MS Fowler; here is the issue at hand, the US is engaging in a free trade agreement with the UAE as we speak yet this is a real test of implementation. It ‘s failing because it went out off control from the president’s side who was trying to show the Arabs that he is actually fair towards them but miscalculated the effect of the pumped hatred towards them that he had engineered to justify his invasion. I say it again, he intentionally with the help of his party dehumanized the Arabs to get the red states to go along with him because it was a “black and white� issue that can go across a lot easier than if he had tried to explain to them that there is such a thing as bad and good people over there. This approach to political leverage is now biting his ass. He has no credibility left on the Arab side and he is loosing ground as we speak in the heartland that sees this port deal as an invasion by them Ay-rabs.
I was watching TV and saw the union workers picketing next to a port with signs promoting that the UAE should butt out. Next they interviewed some of them and I sat there trying to understand their motives as to why this deal should no go through. I hear this guy say that this “should have been vetted� by congress before it reached this level and eventual approval. Ok, why is there no one pointing out to him that prior to this deal, the port was managed by another foreign company that did no such leg work? The bottom line, that company was British and this present deal has got some filthy Arabs running the show. Oh I understand why the union is not happy now…
How about the employees? On the same show, they said that 99% of the employees were US citizens. Was that going to change? Did the deal call for head replacements with turban wearing, camel jockeying dudes? As far as I understand this was a purely financial deal, hell even management is not even Arab. Has anyone of you worked in UAE to see that most large companies over there are actually run by Western expatriates?
They are for the most part the operational heart of these companies. Hell even my outfit is mostly comprised of Americans. I can’t take a shit without asking my sexy accountant if it’s ok (I am working on her to be my fourth wife so I can stop paying her sky high salary).
Anyway, I personally like I said hope that this deal DOES NOT GO THROUGH to permanently show for a long time the sown hatred towards Arabs and it’s effects. This should become a case study for future business people from my region on what not to invest in if they want to have a shred of dignity.

Shabah.
First of all the only thing you have to know about unions is that they are for anything that think will help make the union bigger, get them more money, better benefits, less work, etc. and damn the consequences to the company, country, etc.

Shabah you do know that there was more than one issue in the election than just 'them big bad arabs' right? Isn't it possible that people voted for or against Bush for reasons other than their 'fear' of the Arabs? Among the issues that drove the voters I know the war on terror and the 'fear of arabs' was not very high on the list. There were plenty of other issues of higher concern.
post #20 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 02:48 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)

Oh just follow the money for goodness sake...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in